Initial thoughts on the Tutorial

+
Initial thoughts on the Tutorial

Dear all, I'm just going to jot down my initial thoughts from the first few minutes I've played of the Gwent beta.

Prior to the beta I have played a lot of the Witcher 3 version, so I know how it plays.

My two most major concerns from the beta so far are:

1. Gold cards are not easily distinguished

Comparing to the Witcher 3, gold cards do not stand out as much as they did, I feel this could be potentially harmful for newer players and even for seasoned ones. Visually and audibly there is little to identify what type of card your foe has placed. Leader cards have their own announcements and that's fine, yet Golds do not.

2. Commanders Horn's

Once again going back to the Witcher 3, Commanders Horns no longer stay on the board once they have been played. I feel this could also be a point of confusion for players as they will not see what buffs have been applied to each row.
I haven't tested it yet, but will it display a buff if you play a Commander's Horn on an empty row?

Thats all I have for now, I will check this post in the morning.
The beta is still great though, and I love the troll store.

Cheers,

I completely agree with all your points

---------- Updated at 10:49 PM ----------

The witcher 3 cards was way more informative than the current one.
Why change something that works well?

New graphics is ok but why removing details and informative content from the cards?

Command horns no longer buff rows, now they only buff units that are currently there, that's probably why it no longer stays visible.

All the permanent buffs of cards have been replaced by instant. So there will be some time to adapt from the witcher 3 version I suppose. I think it's not that great somehow cause it makes gwent being just another magic the gathering or heartstone. The commander horn and other permanent buffs were specific to gwent thus making it stand out in my opinion.

Top Bottom