Inn at the Crossroads -- no option for Gwent?

+
Im sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've searched for someone bringing up this topic and cannot find it. And because I havent posted 10 times yet, I cannot start my own post...

It is regarding the Innkeep at the Crossroads...He is not giving me the option to play gwent and because the card he gave me on my first playthrough was so good, a Nilfgaarian close combat 10 with the medic ability (Menno Coehoorn), it is a HUGE deal to me.
I've done more research on this than I should have really, but I'm very OCD and just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same problem. Its my second playthrough but its also been a year since my first round. Its the Switch complete edition and the Innkeep at the Crossroads (Velen) will not offer to play me in Gwent. And I'm positive he did on my first playthrough last year. I've tried meditating (probably more than the Dalai Lama
:)

I've also tried earlier playthroughs...and since I have to pick up every alchemy plant I see, that cost me ALOT of time. I just want to know if anyone else had this problem recently and what they did to correct it. My game had to update when I started it and I heard there were some changes that affected Gwent play. I'm not sure what this would accomplish but it would make me feel better if I had an answer.

The options he does give me are as follows:
1. Would'nt mind a drink.
2. The Bloody Baron-how'd he get his name?
3. Baron ruled here long?
4. Farewell

If anyone sees this and has any comments or answers for me, thank you in advance.

Welcome! Post moved!

Initially, I have only two thoughts about this:

1.) Is this a new, standard game, or is this an NG+ playthrough?

2.) I'd recommend advancing the story further, then returning to the inn at a later point. It's possible that the instance of the innkeeper that is created by the game for Geralt's initial arrival in Velen, the Baron's thugs that arrive to taunt him, and the whole exchange between Geralt and the innkeeper...is later replaced by a "generic" version of the inkeeper that will have the option to trade and play Gwent.

Welcome! Post moved!

2.) I'd recommend advancing the story further, then returning to the inn at a later point. It's possible that the instance of the innkeeper that is created by the game for Geralt's initial arrival in Velen, the Baron's thugs that arrive to taunt him, and the whole exchange between Geralt and the innkeeper...is later replaced by a "generic" version of the inkeeper that will have the option to trade and play Gwent.

Thanks,
Welcome! Post moved!

Thanks. This is my second playthrough but a new game. I think the new patch has changed it to where the innkeep at the crossroads will ONLY play gwent during a quest. It was not that way on my first playthrough. Hopefully, that is the case with several NPCs that I have come in contact with, or the quest to get all the Gwent cards is already lost...The Quartermaster at Crows Perch did not give me a card when i beat him for the first time, nor did the blacksmith at Lindevale! Something has changed BIGTIME, I only hope its not a bunch of glitches...Ive got 50 hours in this game alone already.

Thanks again for your input

You can't play him immediately, he's someone you will need to play to complete the Gwent: Playing Innkeepers quest. Once you unlock that quest, he will be available to play.

Top Bottom