Innovative game features in CP '77 [New Interview with CDPR]

+
Innovative game features in CP '77 [New Interview with CDPR]

Hey you freaks! I know its not much but in this interview we can hear a little bit about cyberpunk team and development which seems to be progressing but by a completely different team. Go to 16:00

[video=youtube;z86B-_-0cbs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z86B-_-0cbs[/video]

Last edited:
Two or three very interesting points made in the interview.

There's an entirely new design team of about 20+ people working on CP2077 so CDPRs current work on W3 has essentially no effect on CP2077.
The amount of "fanboys/girls" on the design team and the close cooperation with Mike indicates we can expect the game to look and feel CyberPunk.
The "dynamic conversation" they're experimenting with sounds great.
They KNOW they need a new graphical engine they can't just use the same one they used for Witcher.

tahnks for posting Spider, really good interview

They KNOW they need a new graphical engine they can't just use the same one they used for Witcher.

they dont need a new engine, they will still use their own red engine, they are proud of it, sure they said they have to optimise it for CP, as he said things like the lighting or guns instead of bows, but they already said they have a whole team only working on the engine.

They dont need a new engine, they will still use their own red engine, they are proud of it, sure they said they have to optimise it for CP, as he said things like the lighting or guns instead of bows, but they already said they have a whole team only working on the engine.

Not an engine, just the graphics part of the current one.
In Witcher there's no neon glow, the sun is shining without being filtered/semi-blocked by pollution, any plants in the city won't be the same vibrant green, certain colors and shades of colors just plain don't exist in Witcher (police tape yellow, traffic cone orange, etc.), all kinds of little but important stuff like that.
The game engine and the graphics engine are basically two entirely different engines. Think of a 3D graphic program (like say DAZ) it has no "game engine" it's just a graphic engine.
And they said they had a design team, they design and test concepts for the game, that's not the same as a team working on JUST the game/graphics engine.

Last edited:
I've never doubted that they'll get the "looks" or "feel" right. Though this still leaves the actual gameplay part completely open.

A conversation that doesn't pause the game....? Like in STALKER, or more recently in Skyrim?

Again there'd be huge amount of possibilities for point'n click gameplay... I've no idea what they have in store; but I immediately thought about opening the dialog options in the left (or right) side of the screen nicely accessible with the cursor (that handles, or can handle all the other commands as well) while letting the game roll and the player to freely move and look about during the dialog (check the closeby trashcan if you must while talking, maybe open the inventory screen to the opposite side and give/show the NPC something, and he'd react, or use an item on him, like make a REF check to quickly shove a chloroform cloth in his face if you have such in your inventory and if you want do that, or a knife in his throat; maybe shoot a pedestrian if you want and getting a proper reaction...) but of course knowng that fucking around for too long or too much and not participating in the conversation, or moving too far or doing something the NPC doesn't like would interrupt it.

I think that'd be cool (and save some money from the cinematics that would not needed anymore - except for perhaps some important events and characters).

Love the idea of dynamics dialogues, I'm curious to see how it will play out.
Also, the news about a team of 20+ fanboys working on CP77 is a way better news than any art concept.

Not an engine, just the graphics part of the current one.
In Witcher there's no neon glow, the sun is shining without being filtered/semi-blocked by pollution, any plants in the city won't be the same vibrant green, certain colors and shades of colors just plain don't exist in Witcher (police tape yellow, traffic cone orange, etc.), all kinds of little but important stuff like that.
The game engine and the graphics engine are basically two entirely different engines. Think of a 3D graphic program (like say DAZ) it has no "game engine" it's just a graphic engine.
And they said they had a design team, they design and test concepts for the game, that's not the same as a team working on JUST the game/graphics engine.

yeah you are right there, thats also the reason why CD is still in a early stage, it needs a lot of time to otimise the graphic engine so it fits for the new IP

Love the idea of dynamics dialogues, I'm curious to see how it will play out.
Also, the news about a team of 20+ fanboys working on CP77 is a way better news than any art concept.

yeah dialogue system sounds awesome, just like their idea of a translator implant, which they talked about a while ago. In such a early phase there is a lot experimenting and testing with such systems, it will be interesting to see how much of it will be in the final game.

First real info about a game since the beginning! Yay! :D

being able to eat icecream full animation licking the sides and taking bites out of it. its the small details like this that make games awesome.

also smoking and seeing the cig get smaller and smaller, and then flicking the cig away.

being able to eat icecream full animation licking the sides and taking bites out of it. its the small details like this that make games awesome.

also smoking and seeing the cig get smaller and smaller, and then flicking the cig away.

what? how is icecream related to the interview? :wat:

what? how is icecream related to the interview? :wat:

I suspect he just saw "innovative game features" and didn't realise there was an interview in the thread.

That is a pretty subtle title that spider gave it - I wonder if I should change it? Something like 'HEY! WE HAVE SOME NEWS ABOUT THE GAME!"

The main reason I didn't already is because I've got a bet on with myself on how long it takes @Sardukhar to spot the thread.

The main reason I didn't already is because I've got a bet on with myself on how long it takes @Sardukhar to spot the thread.

Well, longer than it took ten others, which makes him WORTHLESS as a moderator.

HUNT HIM DOWN AND THROW HIM OUT. OFF WITH HIS HEAD I SAY!

...Not really, Sard. We love you. Once in a while. Teehee.

Well, longer than it took ten others, which makes him WORTHLESS as a moderator.

HUNT HIM DOWN AND THROW HIM OUT. OFF WITH HIS HEAD I SAY!

...Not really, Sard. We love you. Once in a while. Teehee.

Naw, he's just busy this week, so he left me in charge. Giggle. So, back to the topic, eh?

Yes, "busy". No, I didn't accidentally ban him so that I could take over the forum and post dozens of cat-pics.

i thought the same but.........how the hell could someone call things like licking icecream or flicking a cig away, as a "innovative game feature".....?

He should probably start a new thread and explain :)

Now, back on topic or I'll start cracking that whip. Oh, so much power during a period of sardlessness....

D-bird pulled an accidental SMiki?

That's awesome.

I never do anything accidentally. Except for REDpoints. I felt sorry for Sard missing out on the awesomeness of this thread. And, to be honest, I'd already lost my bet - I never thought it would take him more than a day to find it.

Top Bottom