Insane difficulty question?

+
Insane difficulty question?

I just died at the dragon scene with Foltest but it allowed me to redo the QTE.

I am still playing the insane difficulty or do i need to start again?

Aver

Forum veteran
It shouldn't happened. Check difficulty settings again. Maybe it is bug.

I am at the same position when reload the game and i do the QTE again, the difficulty says insane.

No it's not a bug.

In a straight up battle if you lose all your HP then you lose your saves immediately, in a cinematic moment like that with the Dragon then you have a small window to press esc and basically able to save your playthrough.

CostinMoroianu said:
No it's not a bug.

In a straight up battle if you lose all your HP then you lose your saves immediately, in a cinematic moment like that with the Dragon then you have a small window to press esc and basically able to save your playthrough.

So does that mean i can continue with my insane difficulty?

If it works it works, so yes ( and I don't think it will interfere with the Steam achievement if you are playing on that ).

There is something wrong with insane difficulty.

I thought we would only have one save game but i have about 20 saves so far and all of them say insane difficulty.

Can a developer please explain how the insane difficulty should work please?

fchopin said:

I thought we would only have one save game but i have about 20 saves so far and all of them say insane difficulty.

Insane is not "You only have one save game". Insane is "If you die, it's permanent".

dragonbird said:
Insane is not "You only have one save game". Insane is "If you die, it's permanent".

Don't understand what you said.

I stopped playing the insane game in chapter 1 as i don't want to continue until i know what is happening. I don't like cheating.

I am saying that you are wrong if you think that insane mode only creates one savegame. It creates savegames just like any other mode.

The difference between Hard and Insane is that if you die on Insane, you are not supposed to be able to load your savegames. As you have found, this sometimes doesn't work if you die on a QTE.

That is why i want an explanation from a developer so i can continue with my save or start again.

fchopin said:

Why do people assume Insane is about only having one save game? I am not sure what lead to this ( Dead Space maybe? ).

Insane is the exact same as normal gameplay ( though enemies ARE tougher ). You can save and load as many gamesaves you want, that is not the issue.

If you die ( and I mean properly die not save the playthrough in the last second due to the QTE delay on killing your saves ) then you lose ALL your saves in that current playthrough...well at least the ones that are on Insane.

fchopin said:
That is why i want an explanation from a developer so i can continue with my save or start again.

Shrug. Your choice. Although why you'll only accept it if a developer tells you what is already obvious beats me. There are plenty of people who have already played the game (or at least part of it) in Insane, every one of those people already knows the answer to your question, and this is, after all, a community forum.

You can try raising a support ticket, but I suspect that the developers are probably NOT willing to explain the mechanics of Insane in any detail, as it could lead to someone working out how to cheat the system.

I'm not sure if cheating the system is really an issue when there's no multiplayer component to this? If you're just talking about steam achievements, I'm pretty sure you can 'cheat' it already.

as for achievements, I wish they get incorporated in the updgrade or in future titles. who doesn't like em?

MY game is from GOG so i don't worry about steam.

I have continued with the game in chapter one now but i think i can easily cheat if i wanted to because of the many save games.

I will try to see how far i can get without getting killed. The most difficult combat are the QTE's in the game and that is what will give me problems.

slimgrin said:
I don't see how you can cheat the game when your insane saves are deleted when you die.

I tried to send you a message but it said that you could not receive any new messages so send it to your Bioware profile.

Top Bottom