Insane Grind for Journey Cosmetics with 175 Levels?

+
The thing you've said is total nonsense. Players said fix it, not ruin it even more in an opposite way. In order to get 175 level you have to grind 24 rounds per day.

Players that purchased premium pass have to grind 15,523 rounds each day on average to attain level 175, starting at level 1.

This is only fair, as developers have spent their time creating cosmetics and skins + the journey overall.
True loyal fanbase either support this game financially, or by dedicating their time playing this game.
There is some truth in what @Lantea said, that it creates an incentitive to play this game, if you are able to attaint the Ciri skin, by playing 10,000 games with her, as an alternative acquisition method. Given that next journey will bring several other skins, which equally will take time to acquire, this makes it a reasonable compromise.

There is also a high possibility that these skins will be on sale, depending on how the journey progresses, and the number of people who dont compleate it in time.

Collectors however are pressured to get to level 175 to get all the cosmetics.

That's how they suck you in. There will always be new things to collect. You have to decide when you want to get off that merry-go-round.
Post automatically merged:

I admit, I bought myselve in. Buying the Premium and the 25 extra levels and thinking about buying a few more.

Actually it's silly - some cosmetics and achievements - but I do want to get to level 175. ;)

I've yet to pay for anything in GWENT and I've not played any of The Witcher games yet, so I'm not invested in any lore. Having said that, this current Journey doesn't seem to have any rewards that I find to be particularly appealing. You think that it's worth paying money for THAT?

I'm not too bothered by the grind but I guess that's mostly because Ciri with a kimono and katana doesn't really feel immersive to me and I honestly dont know why it was added in the first place?
but I do understand the frustration for people who really like that kind of cosmetics. better solution imo would have been getting some premium kegs and stuff after level 100 instead of skins people obviously will want to have.

I mean the journey only cost me 8,50€ or so, so I really can't complain for the amount of stuff I get, the only real issue I see is the insanely huge paywall the final skins are behind for casual players.

that being said, even though I couldnt play half the days since release due to work, I already reached premium level 35 with only two weekly questpacks so I'm not too concerned :shrug:

I'm not too bothered by the grind but I guess that's mostly because Ciri with a kimono and katana doesn't really feel immersive to me and I honestly dont know why it was added in the first place?
but I do understand the frustration for people who really like that kind of cosmetics. better solution imo would have been getting some premium kegs and stuff after level 100 instead of skins people obviously will want to have.

I mean the journey only cost me 8,50€ or so, so I really can't complain for the amount of stuff I get, the only real issue I see is the insanely huge paywall the final skins are behind for casual players.

that being said, even though I couldnt play half the days since release due to work, I already reached premium level 35 with only two weekly questpacks so I'm not too concerned :shrug:

How is it possible to even get to level 35 without grinding everyday?

This thread is going on and on about 24 hours grinding etc. ignoring the facts and the math.

First and foremost regarding level 175. As far as i can see there is no cosmetic/title rewards for 175. The final cosmetic reward is the crimson kimono at 160, at 175 you just get the last 20 keys.
So if its cosmetics most of the players care about the grind is to 160 not 175!

Moving on, there are 36 quests for each journey (free and premium). 36*2=72. Each quest reward is 20 crown points 72*20=1440. We divide it by the crowns needed to lvl up 1440/24=60. Just completing the quest yelds 60 lvls and thats without counting the matches you play to complete them.

So after we are done with the quests there are 100 lvls yet to climb in the 92 days of the journey. 100/92= 1.08 lvls per day.
Thats almost 26 crowns we need daily. With the daily double crown bonus we have (14 rounds won will yield 28 crowns if i remember correctly) we need to win 13 rounds per day.

Summing up, to get that sweet kimono (and everithing else that comes before it) we need to win 13 rounds daily and get all the quests done. I'd say that it should take 1.5-2 hours daily assuming you can get about 50% W/L ratio. Mind also you can do it in all game modes (ladder/seasonal/arena). I suppose that some may see it as too much grinding, but do you really expect to get everithing with no effort/time that you put into the game? How much grind is acceptable? 8 rounds per day? 6 rounds? Perhaps there will be players that will think thats too much as well.

I say if i don't enjoy the game even 20 minutes per day is too much, if you do than couple of hours is perfectly reasonable (and yes i have a job and kids to take care of so i'm not spending countles hours on my PC), and as unpleasant as it can be we should live with the idea that we might not be getting everything everytime. I know i will put time and effort to get to this sweet crimson kimono and if i wont get it, i'll just try harder next journey assuming i'll still have fun playing Gwent.

This thread is going on and on about 24 hours grinding etc. ignoring the facts and the math.
Facts are:
- people needed to pay to be able to start premium version of the journey
- previous time all unique rewards were up until 100 level so players expected to be the same this time
- most players in card games are collectors and they are angry / sad / etc. if they are not able to get something unique

Math is:
- to get all unique rewards players already paid for, they are now forced to play more or pay more

Conclusion:
- there would not be a problem with non-unique rewards like RPs or scraps
- "locking" unique rewards or forcing players to do even more than previous time is not the good thing
- it's bad for the game community, health of the players, health of the game and game's income in future
- some of players will quit the game / will not buy anything anymore from the game shop

no I didnt. I just played much on the days I was able to play :shrug:
I've been playing everyday without buying the extra 25 levels, and I'm only on level 26.

You're telling me there's another way to gain levels quicker? What's your secret then?

Been playing on seasonal mode all these while too. But nowhere near level 35 o_O

no I didnt. I just played much on the days I was able to play :shrug:
That doesn't sound possible. I've completed all quests too, and I have even received the full well-rested bonus each and every day since the new Journey began; in fact, I'm probably averaging 20 crowns a day from wins. But despite all of this, I'm not even level 30. However, you're telling me that you're level 35 while playing only every other day, thus missing out the bulk of the bonus crowns from the well-rested bonus. Are you playing more than 6 hours a day or something?

You can’t please everyone. The devs can win by pleasing a fair share of their paying customers.

For the record, I like the old system better. I don't like when devs incentives the grind.
Just in general, not related to this specific case. I think that by encouraging grinders, you are encouraging an unhealthy behavior among players.
And boy, do those players get pretty toxic when you try and make a suggestion! It's not healthy or normal...

- people needed to pay to be able to start premium version of the journey
- previous time all unique rewards were up until 100 level so players expected to be the same this time
- most players in card games are collectors and they are angry / sad / etc. if they are not able to get something unique

- People pay the 10$ to start the journey not to finish it, the fee is for participation in the premium journey . Thats how CDPR will get money for gwent. I'm sure that many players like myself aren't buying kegs/packs/powder/cosmetics directly. For me personally it would ruin much of the fun i get from the game.

- Previous time many players complained that they completed the journey in 4-6 weeks and there are not enough rewards after it, there is no pleasing everyone.

-I understand it perfectly, as this is my point of view as well. However, as in any other collection you have to put in something (money/time/effort) to complete your collection. Why would CCG games be any different? As a personal example i can tell you that i took a break from gwent last year and didn't complete dryad, mahakam and cat seasonal trees, now i'm grinding and saving keys as a result and very happy that i can complete them this year.

I've been playing everyday without buying the extra 25 levels, and I'm only on level 26.

You're telling me there's another way to gain levels quicker? What's your secret then?

Been playing on seasonal mode all these while too. But nowhere near level 35 o_O
honestly I dont know xD yesterday I made 2 levels in 2 hours in seasonal. I noticed I got 2 bonus crowns for multiple games, I guess for a winning streak.

That doesn't sound possible. I've completed all quests too, and I have even received the full well-rested bonus each and every day since the new Journey began; in fact, I'm probably averaging 20 crowns a day from wins. But despite all of this, I'm not even level 30. However, you're telling me that you're level 35 while playing only every other day, thus missing out the bulk of the bonus crowns from the well-rested bonus. Are you playing more than 6 hours a day or something?
there were some days I played like all day I guess :shrug: I mean I'm not making these things up to aggravate you. I never said I am a casual player, only that I didnt have that much time for the first 10 days or so.
I bought some levels during the geralt journey and then kind of regret it because I was level 100 like 3 weeks before it ended

It's about cosmetics and RP. Leaving the 2 x 20 RP for the standard and premium journey quests aside.

You will get during the journey for leveling from 1 to 100:
standard 226
premium 42
=> 268 RP

from 100 - 175 :
75 x 2 RP for each Level = 150
standard contracts: 90 + 20 = 110
("stepping beyound" & "destination reached")
premium contracts: 20 + 20 = 40
("Nani??" & "win it all!")
=> 300 RP

So, leveling 99 times grants you fewer RP than the following 75 levels.

And I'm currently level 56. I made the first 10 levels, then bought in, so 31 levels from playing. Games are split, as I only play seasonal to complete the quests that require it.

I reached lv100 like 2 days ago (through a combination of buying & playing my way up) and now I am at lv102. My plan is to gain at least 1 level per day by taking advantage of the daily crown bonus and 2 levels per day at least when the quests are available. Shouldn't be too hard, particularly now with the quick seasonal games.

I reached lv100 like 2 days ago (through a combination of buying & playing my way up) and now I am at lv102.
Then you obviously bought too many levels. If you have done the journey quests for the first 2 weeks you will get further 10 x 2 x 3 quests x 20 CP which are 50 levels.

At this moment you need to be at least at level 28 and have 12 crowns to reach 175 level at the end of journey.
Maximum possible level to get after two weeks by just playing the game is 48 and 8 crowns.

Calculations below include crowns from weekly quests and daily bonuses.
All three plans assume player complete all quests on the first day of the week (they give 120 crowns = +5 levels total).

MIN - plan minimum (winning 16 rounds/day = +1 level and 6 crowns).
MID - taking advantage of seasonal mode to get non-well-rested bonus crowns for the next two months (winning 20 rounds/day = +1 level and 10 crowns).
MAX - taking advantage of seasonal mode to get all crowns in weekly limit (winning 50 rounds/day = +2 levels and 16 crowns).

XX/YY - you need to have XX level and YY crowns on this day if you want to go with the plan.

Code:
-----------------------------
DAY ----- MIN --- MID --- MAX
17.08 - 28/12 - 30/20 - 48/08 <- you should have one of these level/crowns pairs today to reach 175 level
18.08 - 34/18 - 37/06 - 56/00
19.08 - 36/00 - 38/16 - 58/16
20.08 - 37/06 - 40/02 - 61/08
21.08 - 38/12 - 41/12 - 64/00
22.08 - 39/18 - 42/22 - 66/16
23.08 - 41/00 - 44/08 - 69/08
24.08 - 42/06 - 45/18 - 72/00
25.08 - 48/12 - 52/04 - 79/16
26.08 - 49/18 - 53/14 - 82/08
27.08 - 51/00 - 55/00 - 85/00