Insane Grind for Journey Cosmetics with 175 Levels?

+
So if its cosmetics most of the players care about the grind is to 160 not 175!

Thats where you are wrong there is a title for doing all Ciri contracts, for which you need to finish 175.

Previous time many players complained that they completed the journey in 4-6 weeks and there are not enough rewards after it, there is no pleasing everyone.

Actually there is, make the 100lvl+ rewards, reward points only or throw some premium kegs in there, but don't put unique cosmetics related to the journey people paid for behind an insane grind that requires you to play several hours each day non-stop for 3 months; that is totally unreasonable and not a healthy habit to encourage your casual player base to adopt.

----------

Two weeks in it is rather disappointing to see that the developers have zero interaction with players on their own forums, and don't see it prudent to participate in discussions about key game mechanics that some of their paying player base has serious concerns about.
Disappointing to see the whole Gwent community team MIA. :giveup:

Actually there is, make the 100lvl+ rewards, reward points only or throw some premium kegs in there, but don't put unique cosmetics related to the journey people paid for behind an insane grind that requires you to play several hours each day non-stop for 3 months; that is totally unreasonable and not a healthy habit to encourage your casual player base to adopt.
Agreed, the last journey was even extended by a month and some people still weren't able to finish it, I don't think journey really needs to be focused on hardcore players because those will finish it quickly and will continue playing the game anyway as long as they are able to earn something like Reward points.

I must confess I even prefer the 6/12/24/24 system, right now you feel kind of forced if you want to have a chance of reaching lvl 175 to do at least the 14 Round wins daily to not waste the well rested bonus even when you're not really in the mood or don't have much time to play the Game.

Wouldn't be much of a problem if they didn't put Contracts and cosmetics behind level 100, imo it would had been enough if you get 2 reward points for standard and 2 for Premium for each level after reaching level 100, considering the cyberpunk release I honestly don't see much people buying the next Journey if they put cosmetics behind level 100 again.

Two weeks in it is rather disappointing to see that the developers have zero interaction with players on their own forums, and don't see it prudent to participate in discussions about key game mechanics that some of their paying player base has serious concerns about.
Disappointing to see the whole Gwent community team MIA. :giveup:
They seem to be thinking about Reworking the Faction Challenges, maybe there's another way of getting crown pieces coming soon.

Last edited:
considering the cyberpunk release I honestly don't see much people buying the next Journey if they put cosmetics behind level 100 again.

Exactly this; if the next Journey has this insane grind requirement I won't bother as most of my time will be with Cyberpunk, if the initial reviews live up to the hype.

The Journey should be geared towards all players and not forcing people to choose between every day grind or missing on many cosmetics associated with the Journey.

Thats where you are wrong there is a title for doing all Ciri contracts, for which you need to finish 175.

You're right, i looked for visuals and avatars and not titles. I guess to be "Cirie's biggest fan" you have to really commit yourself :) . Jokes aside, don't you think though that not all achievements are meant for everyone. More dedicated players probably should have something to show for it. I would very much like to be able to put a top 200 pro title under my avatar, I realise however that achieving it would take a lot of time not just playing the game but also watching more streams, videos and deck building - time that i don't and probably will never have.
I myself probably won't be able to reach 175 and hope to get to 160 (so far i'm sticking to the plan) and to be perfectly clear i don't think that your idea of making the 100+ rewards keys and premium kegs is bad, i don't think that the current situation is bad as well though, and in any case it's better to have something beyond the 100 lvl rather than nearly nothing at all.

As a 'dedicated and loyal' player I dont care about reward points. Stashed 100k ore, 150k scraps and full collection, soon to be premium once prestige 10 is unlocked.

For this reason what motivates me to play are cosmetics.
100 levels is nothing. Easily achievable within 1 month, the last month of journey, once all quests are unlocked.
What should I do in the first 2 months ? I'm not a competitive player, once I hit prestige 10, I probably stop playing for a good while. Oh wait, there is still lvl 175 journey to do.

You're right, i looked for visuals and avatars and not titles. I guess to be "Cirie's biggest fan" you have to really commit yourself :) . Jokes aside, don't you think though that not all achievements are meant for everyone. More dedicated players probably should have something to show for it. I would very much like to be able to put a top 200 pro title under my avatar, I realise however that achieving it would take a lot of time not just playing the game but also watching more streams, videos and deck building - time that i don't and probably will never have.

You are comparing a competitive f2p achievement with cosmetics tied to a pay mechanic, it is not correct.

A person who actively participates in the game, who supports it financially, counts as a dedicated player.
There is nothing special about people who spend all day playing a PC game, therefore no rewards are owed to them and business models should not be made based on them.
In fact HS and MtG Arena do not take them into account, they are a minority of the player base.

In my case, this time I'll get to 175, but just because it's Ciri, I may never buy a journey again, I'm not saying it as a threat, it will simply stop being a good deal like Geralt's was. :beer:

I no longer need extra keys and I will not be interested in reaching 175, therefore I will not invest money in something that I will leave half finished.
I will not enter into the play of paying levels in other journeys, this current one will cost me 400% more than Geralt's since I am sure I will not have the time or desire to play so many games.
For now the seasonal mode is helping, but it is a mode that is available only once a year.

If you have taken what you quoted as general, the phrase begins with "in my case" :beer:

I no longer need extra keys and I will not be interested in reaching 175, therefore I will not invest money in something that I will leave half finished.
I will not enter into the play of paying levels in other journeys, this current one will cost me 400% more than Geralt's since I am sure I will not have the time or desire to play so many games.
For now the seasonal mode is helping, but it is a mode that is available only once a year.

If you have taken what you quoted as general, the phrase begins with "in my case" :beer:
yes sure, I only asked out of curiosity but it makes sense if you dont need any keys and dont want the grind/pay for it :beer:

I suppose a solution could be to make journeys not time limited but active until one is finished, while you can only have one journey active at a time but be able to switch between them. that way cdpr could also sell geralts journey to newer players etc.
I gotta admit the "you have 3 months to complete this" model doesnt appeal much to me either but for the moment I like playing gwent (alot)

I suppose a solution could be to make journeys not time limited but active until one is finished, while you can only have one journey active at a time but be able to switch between them. that way cdpr could also sell geralts journey to newer players etc.
I gotta admit the "you have 3 months to complete this" model doesnt appeal much to me either but for the moment I like playing gwent (alot)
I remember back when I loaded up gwent and the Geralt Journey screen appeared for the first time I was totally hyped and expected something like the puzzles during open betas Mahakam Ale and Saovine festivities* with an Narrator reading the story, so I was kind of disappointed to see that it's just a battle pass when it could be so much more, it could be like a new reward book with the maps being something in between the tutorial and the Thronebreaker maps where each week you could advance to the next story node with new quests (standard) /puzzles (premium) and rewards for completing them, that would at least feel like an actual journey for me.

*for those who don't know what I'm talking about.

I remember back when I loaded up gwent and the Geralt Journey screen appeared for the first time I was totally hyped and expected something like the puzzles during open betas Mahakam Ale and Saovine festivities* with an Narrator reading the story, so I was kind of disappointed to see that it's just a battle pass when it could be so much more, it could be like a new reward book with the maps being something in between the tutorial and the Thronebreaker maps where each week you could advance to the next story node with new quests (standard) /puzzles (premium) and rewards for completing them, that would at least feel like an actual journey for me.

*for those who don't know what I'm talking about.

I like that idea but to be fair I think the battlepass has made gwent much more rewarding and fun nonetheless.

A person who actively participates in the game, who supports it financially, counts as a dedicated player.
There is nothing special about people who spend all day playing a PC game, therefore no rewards are owed to them and business models should not be made based on them.
In fact HS and MtG Arena do not take them into account, they are a minority of the player base.
You're right and that's exactly the issue with gaming these days, and f2p games in particular. By this aproach a dedicated player is simply a whale, put in your money get your stuff and see you next update. Hell you can even skip playing the game entirly. It makes me really sad that the entire gaming industry is heading this way for years now, and even more sad that many players see it as the "right way to go".

I know i'm getting a bit of the subject here, but just think about that. We used to pay money to purchase a game or a subscription and play it, nowdays we are expected to pay money for not playing the game and just get the prizes and loot. No wonder that with this aproach being seen as the right one by players more and more devs are dedicating resources to the visuals u can get for cash and simply don't give a crap about the gameplay etc. Pay to get stuff, pay to lvl, pay to win - people are ready to pay and literally rob themselves of the fun of playing a game and achieving something. IMHO Thats simply sad.

the game needs to finance itself somehow--you're already have the most generous quest/reward system out there, so come on, will you stop moning...

You're right and that's exactly the issue with gaming these days, and f2p games in particular. By this aproach a dedicated player is simply a whale, put in your money get your stuff and see you next update. Hell you can even skip playing the game entirly. It makes me really sad that the entire gaming industry is heading this way for years now, and even more sad that many players see it as the "right way to go".

I know i'm getting a bit of the subject here, but just think about that. We used to pay money to purchase a game or a subscription and play it, nowdays we are expected to pay money for not playing the game and just get the prizes and loot. No wonder that with this aproach being seen as the right one by players more and more devs are dedicating resources to the visuals u can get for cash and simply don't give a crap about the gameplay etc. Pay to get stuff, pay to lvl, pay to win - people are ready to pay and literally rob themselves of the fun of playing a game and achieving something. IMHO Thats simply sad.

Just in case, I did not mean to support financially by paying for levels, just buying the journey should be enough...without having to grind like a f2p :beer:

Geralt's journey was well balanced.
It is mentioned several times that people asked for the system to continue after 100, but with resources for the game .

Buying levels should only be a good option for those who are late and at least have a chance not to lose the rewards and not something that feels necessary because they almost doubled the number of games needed to complete the cosmetics of the journey.

Both cases are extreme, not playing and getting everything paying for or getting things playing absurd amounts of time.

Both cases are extreme, not playing and getting everything paying for or getting things playing absurd amounts of time.

This isn't particularly true. You only need to win 15.23 rounds each day in order to reach lvl 175.
If you lack the time to do so, you can do it quite fast by playing a high tempo deck, winning 1 round then forfeiting. This saves you a lot of time, AND you can do anything else in between, as you dont need to pay that much attention to the actual game, to win a single round.

Work smarter not harder.

This isn't particularly true. You only need to win 15.23 rounds each day in order to reach lvl 175.
If you lack the time to do so, you can do it quite fast by playing a high tempo deck, winning 1 round then forfeiting. This saves you a lot of time, AND you can do anything else in between, as you dont need to pay that much attention to the actual game, to win a single round.

Work smarter not harder.

15.23 rounds per day, every day of the week, every week ... for 3 months.

We don't need to work efficiently, this is not a job

Currently Gwent is the only game that uses an exclusively paid season pass system that requires f2p-style grinding.

Work smarter not harder.
can get you banned by the way, just for information

Yep, winning 1 round and forfeiting will definately ruin the experience. If you feel the grind is a chore (and it doesn't matter 15, 8 or even 2 rounds) then its better just not to play at all. After all we play games to have a good time and not to as a responsibility, thats what we a job for.

For this particular season though i would recommend playing more seasonal games if you wan't to get as far as possible in the journey. For me an average seasonal game lasts 8-10 minutes, about half of the time of a regular match.

Top Bottom