Insane Grind for Journey Cosmetics with 175 Levels?

+
Did they at least get rid of the weekly non bonus cap? I believe it was 300 last time.

I like the concept of putting more rewards on the path, but I dislike the way they approach journey. Instead of a free and premium path, make everything premium available as level 101 through 200 on the standard. Put additional rewards for the hardcore players who want to go beyond 200, but don’t make them Contracts because many will not fulfill them. Meanwhile the premium content should be stuff like crown boosters, exp boosts, journey level warps, etc... It should take substantially less effort for people paying to finish then people playing for free. But, at the end of the day content should not be pay walled.

And here as well...
You are free to disagree with CDPR's policies, but you are NOT free to attack them for enforcing them. This is not, and never will be, the place for such things. Several posts deleted.

rrc

Forum veteran
I was actually down with food poisoning for three days and I couldn't play much or at all in those days. Now, I have around 47 crown points to catch up with. I had been playing more and was in a good position, but now, I have fallen back. And if at all I get any health issues and miss even a single day, then it the backlog becomes more and more. It just puts incredible amount of pressure if one wants to reach Level 175.

I know the counter arguments that are going to come. "it is all optional" "if you can't get it, then it is fine" "what is the difference between you and most loyal players" "you should earn it" etc and I get those points. So, even if someone plays a lot and is a loyal fan and is on track, in all three months they should maintain that and there are some external factors that can easily ruin that.

So, IMHO, "Ciri's greatest fan" title can be one of these following and will still be equally applicable. "Ciris richest fan", "Ciri's healthiest fan", "Ciri's greatest fan whose family and friends are all healthy", etc.

I was actually down with food poisoning for three days and I couldn't play much or at all in those days. Now, I have around 47 crown points to catch up with. I had been playing more and was in a good position, but now, I have fallen back. And if at all I get any health issues and miss even a single day, then it the backlog becomes more and more. It just puts incredible amount of pressure if one wants to reach Level 175.

I know the counter arguments that are going to come. "it is all optional" "if you can't get it, then it is fine" "what is the difference between you and most loyal players" "you should earn it" etc and I get those points. So, even if someone plays a lot and is a loyal fan and is on track, in all three months they should maintain that and there are some external factors that can easily ruin that.

So, IMHO, "Ciri's greatest fan" title can be one of these following and will still be equally applicable. "Ciris richest fan", "Ciri's healthiest fan", "Ciri's greatest fan whose family and friends are all healthy", etc.

- Dude, c'mon man... the argument you're using is unfair towards CDPR, it can be taken to extremes like it is by the examples you give.
I work and sometimes, often tbh I don't have the necessary the time to play the game so I don't think I will be able to get lvl175.
That's not the game's fault, sh!t happens, life happens, you know that... :/

- What I will I agree with ya tho is this, people who get tittles through dedication and hardship shouldn't share the same with the ones that pay for em, there should be clear and distinct achievements for those who don't pay for journey lvl boosts in the game.

- What I will I agree with ya tho is this, people who get tittles through dedication and hardship shouldn't share the same with the ones that pay for em, there should be clear and distinct achievements for those who don't pay for journey lvl boosts in the game.

I have to disagree a bit with this, but I understand where you are coming from. Those who buy level boosts (like me at times) are actively supporting the game with our purchases, that helps keep it going. The money we work for to be able to make those purchases requires just as much dedication and hardship as those who are not buying boosts etc. Are they exactly the same, no. Are they both just as important—of course. They are just different.

I have to disagree a bit with this, but I understand where you are coming from. Those who buy level boosts (like me at times) are actively supporting the game with our purchases, that helps keep it going. The money we work for to be able to make those purchases requires just as much dedication and hardship as those who are not buying boosts etc. Are they exactly the same, no. Are they both just as important—of course. They are just different.

- I said "distinct". :)
I ment no offense with that, I hold no grudge against people who support what they like, that's each one's prerogative.
I aswell support the game but i don't buy levels.
I agree completely with you and we're bout the same thing.

- There should be a distinction though for those who reach the top without paying since it takes considerably way less hours of work (IRL job) to get the sum of money you need to get all the cosmetics included in the journey than playing the game regularly to reach the top.
Unless you're working on China and your gov treats you like a slave that is, but yeah... that's my opinion at least. Free Hong Kong m0&#3r f@#k3rs ! :disapprove:

Cheers ! :beer:

I reckon that most dedicated players will get stuff casual players most probably won't. And I think that's allright.

What I think makes people mad is the time limit.

I could be a very dedicated player who is a sucker for The Witcher-stuff and not have much time in my hands.

If I have already paid Journey, the grind wall shouldn't be timed.

Contracts like "play X-games with Y-avatar to get Z-title" are a good idea. They are journey related and do not have an expiration date (I think)

I consider 100 lvs was the sweet spot for cosmetics, and further lvls could have rewarded dust, scraps, RP or even kegs.

I'm sure Devs will do better next time, and continue to improve this perennial Beta of a game AKA Gwent. XD

- There should be a distinction though for those who reach the top without paying since it takes considerably way less hours of work (IRL job) to get the sum of money you need to get all the cosmetics included in the journey than playing the game !

Why are you putting one player above the other ? There should be no difference how you get from point a to point b.

Just because someone grinds their way does not make them any better than someone who pays their way and financially supports the game.

Some people are Rich in time but not in money some people are Rich in money but not in time and some are in between neither rich in time or money that's just life.

Why is one better than the other ? Why shouldn't the paying players get the distinction for financially supporting the game ?

No I don't agree any side should get any special treatment.

IMO For the record the time /cost should be much > pay/ cost ratio all the times

I think these 2 posts go well with the point I made above

"Some people are Rich in time but not in money some people are Rich in money but not in time and some are in between neither rich in time or money"

I think the problem people accept they cant have a big house or a private jet or 10000 hours to play video games but somehow that gets lost when it becomes virtual. As some have the opinion that anything virtual should be cheap because you don't really own it and it's not physical and in the end worthless. This also leads to the attitude that the economy of games is different than that of the virtual world

" I can't get everything i want in life but i should not have that limitation in a video game "

Your not going to please everyone.

People keep saying well "100" was good .

What about the people that were not able to make 100 do they not count ?

If the people who were not able to make a 100 don't count then why is it any different for people who can make it to level 100 but cant / dont want to put the effort into making it to 175?

In order for literally EVERYONE who plays this game to get EVERYTHING in the time allotted in the journey they would have to make it akin to a daily reward . win 2 rounds, play 5 artifacts or give it away as login reward

"Well just put junk no one really cares about after the good stuff."

MTGA did that and they ruined the experience for some . Now the it ends after the good stuff does .

So again what is the point of putting in extra level If there is nothing substantial to strive for and not everyone will get. You might as well jsut end the even t after the "good stuff" and leave it at that.

The only solution that has any merit is in one of the original posters comments . If you have to win ( not an accurate number) 1000 round over the three months to get cosmetic then just make a contract that says get cosmetic after 1000 rounds won.

the problem with that is it takes away from making the event special .

Why bother trying during the event time when you will just get it playing normally any time. ?

The devs are not listing rant.

Who are they supposed to listen to ? The forum and social media community are rarely if ever united with one voice . So when people say the devs should listen who should they listen to?

The correct answer is NO ONE on the forums or social media.

quote from below post

"People forget that social media / forum community / popular content creators etc are only the smallest fraction of that actual player base and the devs have information about how people are interacting with their game as a whole. If you have 1 million players and even 100 000 are unhappy about something that is still only 1/10 entier of the player base."

Technically speaking they have have a more accurate picture about what features are or are not working based on how people interact with certain aspects of their game across their entire player base.

anyways just some stuff for anyone who actually read the whole thing to think about.

You, and everyone else saying the same thing, are basically complaining that they put in additional rewards compared to the previous Journey. There is exactly nothing wrong with having incentive to play a lot, because it's all optional.

Last Journey many were complaining that after reaching level 100 the game was less rewarding, and now that the devs fixed the problem people complain that it's too difficult to obtain the top-tier rewards intended for players who do plan to play a lot.

The devs just cannot win, can they. :giveup:
I am a lurker but had to create a account because in this case i just had to put in my opinion.

TL/DR:

The amount of games the op put out is fine being able to pay your way to skip it is fine / and no the entire player base DOES NOT deserve an equal chance to get EVERYTHING You only deserve what you can pay for or earn based on the requirements of X offer by the devs.

IMO this thread and some of the opinion in it is actually entitled and boils down to one concept " everyone deserves everything"

IMO attitied is false and extremely entitled.

For example if they say you get this x awesome thing but you have grind 500 games in a month or pay $200 then only the people who grind 500 games or pay $200 DESERVE it and there should ALWAYS be a way to pay yourself out of a grind.

If you only play 20 games in a month can afford / think " omg $200 for digital item that does not exist" im not pay that for something that doesn't exist.

That's your personal choice/ financial/ free time situation and not fault of the devs.

FTP not wanting /can't grind / pay also does not give you the right to demand everything.

" ohh i'm going to quit and all my friends are going to quit because this is p2w and if free players quit the game dies" that's just throwing a temper tantrum. It's the same accusing x game devs of being greedy or that they don't understand F2P business modem or economy.

People forget that social media / forum community / popular content creators etc are only the smallest fraction of that actual player base and the devs have information about how people are interacting with their game as a whole. If you have 1 million players and even 100 000 are unhappy about something that is still only 1/10 entier of the player base.

That's my 2 cents. I think the devs have been generous and only the people who can reach the requirements set by then deserve the prizes at 175

Last edited:
The devs are not listing rant.

Who are they supposed to listen to ? The forum and social media community are rarely if ever united with one voice . So when people say the devs should listen who should they listen to?

The correct answer is NO ONE on the forums or social media.

I get what you are saying. Social media and the player base are not reliable sources for developers, as there is no unified voice among them. In the end, you will only end up more confused.

However, if I were a developer, without much experience and understanding of the game mechanics as a player is, I would ask the top players and partners for some advice, if my interest is to create a game that is as balanced as it can be. You don't need to ask 10.000 players to come up with a good solution.

Whenever they plan to expand or alter the game experience by adding new cards, new mechanics or changing the existing ones, it wouldn't hurt to actually have a few of these, lets say 'well-versed' players to give their assessment. Even among them there will be disagreements, but you have a better chance to find a solution and do a good job, rather than a half-assed one which wreaks the gaming experience, like making some factions too overpowered and some too weak and unpopular.

I haven't been playing this game for long, started only in May. But I have seen quite a lot of blunders that, IMO, could have been avoided if a portion of the player-base was at least asked to give their 2 cents. Making SK a powerhouse, even more powerful than SC Harmony, yet nerfing the later, making it unplayable, that's a boneheaded decision only someone that knows next to nothing about the game would do.

Also, I am not generally a fan of nerfing something that does not completely break the balance of the game. Rather than that, I am about improving and boosting factions and mechanics that are less performing. I understand that it is easier to break something rather than fixing/improving it, but still...
Post automatically merged:

Then you obviously bought too many levels. If you have done the journey quests for the first 2 weeks you will get further 10 x 2 x 3 quests x 20 CP which are 50 levels.

More than half. They are cheap anyway. Roughly 45-50 levels I got through quests and normal playing, taking advantage of all daily bonus crowns. Currently I am at lv 115.

Last edited:
Why are you putting one player above the other ? There should be no difference how you get from point a to point b.

Just because someone grinds their way does not make them any better than someone who pays their way and financially supports the game.

Some people are Rich in time but not in money some people are Rich in money but not in time and some are in between neither rich in time or money that's just life.

Why is one better than the other ? Why shouldn't the paying players get the distinction for financially supporting the game ?

No I don't agree any side should get any special treatment.

oooof...okay, there's alot to unpack here.

- First, i didn't put anyone above anyone else this should be left to people's judgement.
There should be difference between people who just pay away to the top than people who grind for it cause if there's no distinction then the reward has no value, "if everyone's special, then no one is".

- If I was to buy into the journey then pay 79$ to get up to lvl 100 then i would just have to grind 75lvls which is way easier and requires way less effort and time than someone dedicated playing this game (actually boosting the game's activity), this undermines other people's effort. (this is how the system works right now).
There are a TON of things to buy in the shop to support the game, why does this have to include actual progression..?
Now... in saying that i really do not wanna invalidate or discourage the people that pay and support the game but yeh, it takes almost no effort to do it with money and effort should always be rewarded.
An example of how this could be easily fixed is with different colour or rarity cosmetic rewards,
e.g. epic for paying, legendary for grinding and since I agree with you on the time limitation parameter, the system should give the chance of upgrading to legendary to people who payed through non timed exclusive achievements which would require time and actual effort thus boosting the game's activity and longevity while keeping it considerably fair.
Different kind of tittles could be given in appreciation to the players supporting the game with their money and/or effort.
These are just two examples, i'm sure people on the marketing department can figure out more solutions.

- So... here you are, here's a reasonable solution imo.
Tbh I think that was on the devs mind when they thought of the extra 75 lvls (which you can't pay for), though if they really wanted it to be fair they shouldn't have allowed the ability to pay to reach lvl 100 or at least remove the time limitation for reaching lvl 175 if you managed to reach lvl 100 before the journey ends.

Last edited:
Text wall

I don't really think it is fair to have differences between those paying to advance in journey and those choosing to grind their way through it. I have played games for a very long time, and generally speaking spenders are far more privileged then non-spenders in pretty much any game. But in this case, the only gain spenders get is to advance faster.

Of course it is easier and requires less effort, because most of us who pay, lack one thing those that are willing to grind their way through have: time. For me, playing enough to gain 1 level per day after reaching level 100 is quite a commitment and I will for sure have days where I can't play a single game. Also, I don't see why spenders have to be discriminated against, especially since we are supporting the game financially.

I think things are quite ok as they are now. Spenders can only spend up till a certain point, and there is a grinding factor that they can't escape either if they wish to reap all the rewards this journey has to offer. Your solution though is a bummer, in the sense that I pay for stuff that is inferior or incomplete compared to a person that pays nothing and just plays the game normally. Not only that I paid to advance, I now have to grind as well. Where is the incentive to financially support the game in this predicament? Nowhere.

Of course it is easier and requires less effort, because most of us who pay, lack one thing those that are willing to grind their way through have: time. For me, playing enough to gain 1 level per day after reaching level 100 is quite a commitment and I will for sure have days where I can't play a single game. Also, I don't see why spenders have to be discriminated against, especially since we are supporting the game financially.

I think things are quite ok as they are now. Spenders can only spend up till a certain point, and there is a grinding factor that they can't escape either if they wish to reap all the rewards this journey has to offer. Your solution though is a bummer, in the sense that I pay for stuff that is inferior or incomplete compared to a person that pays nothing and just plays the game normally. Not only that I paid to advance, I now have to grind as well. Where is the incentive to financially support the game in this predicament? Nowhere.

- I never said that you should be able to pay nothing, maybe i was not clear enough, i was refering to people that bought the premium pass, not the ones that simply play the normal f2p journey.
The premium price admition fee might need to be bumbed a bit lets say from 9.99 to 15 but it's still a better price than 9.99$ + 79$ (or your equivalent curency) to just buy out everything.
You do realise that the MM expansion pack was priced way lower than that..?
...and that's actual gameplay affecting content, not just cosmetics... stop and think bout it, which one of those two is easier to produce.

- Ofc everyone is welcome to buy anything at any price but what i'm simply trying to say is that it is overpriced when you take in mind the pricing of the game's "expansions" that actually change the game.
Also as i mentioned above, the store is already selling complete decks, game boards and a ton of other cosmetic stuff, so there can be no argument bout not having enough ways to support the game if you really want to.
Paying to climb the levels of the only actual progression system the game has seems bad to me, that's just my opinion and i've stated my reasons why in multiple ways with examples even.

- Lastly, since you mentioned "the predicament", you only have that predicament because you were presented with one in a specific kind of way, if you've played many games like you said you'd see that clearly.
I too have been playing games for a long time, for more than 25 years to be exact and these things that now are called "battle passes" they were considered part of the game back then (achievements), not something to be sold seperately and you got em cause you payed an initial price (be it game expansions and or monthly subscriptions) and played to earn em, not "pay to skip the grind".
There was no "premium" you either payed and played or you didn't .

- Lastly, i understand what you're saying and i can respect your opinion even though i don't agreee with you.
This is the world we live in atm and this is generaly considered "the norm" nowdays, a lil bit sad but it is what it is, hate it or love it, you either pay a higher price and skip the grind or don't and be left behind .

Cheers .

Last edited:
I get what you are saying. Social media and the player base are not reliable sources for developers, as there is no unified voice among them. In the end, you will only end up more confused.

However, if I were a developer, without much experience and understanding of the game mechanics as a player is, I would ask the top players and partners for some advice, if my interest is to create a game that is as balanced as it can be. You don't need to ask 10.000 players to come up with a good solution.

Whenever they plan to expand or alter the game experience by adding new cards, new mechanics or changing the existing ones, it wouldn't hurt to actually have a few of these, lets say 'well-versed' players to give their assessment. Even among them there will be disagreements, but you have a better chance to find a solution and do a good job, rather than a half-assed one which wreaks the gaming experience, like making some factions too overpowered and some too weak and unpopular.

I haven't been playing this game for long, started only in May. But I have seen quite a lot of blunders that, IMO, could have been avoided if a portion of the player-base was at least asked to give their 2 cents. Making SK a powerhouse, even more powerful than SC Harmony, yet nerfing the later, making it unplayable, that's a boneheaded decision only someone that knows next to nothing about the game would do.

Also, I am not generally a fan of nerfing something that does not completely break the balance of the game. Rather than that, I am about improving and boosting factions and mechanics that are less performing. I understand that it is easier to break something rather than fixing/improving it, but still...

More than half. They are cheap anyway. Roughly 45-50 levels I got through quests and normal playing, taking advantage of all daily bonus crowns. Currently I am at lv 115.

What if the " pros " have a difference of what the game should be ? Personally i liked the game before HC better . In fact the game was better in open beta there were single cards that could win you the game no matter how you played in the first 2 rounds or what the board state is . "the pro" would probably say that lessens the "SKILL" .

So again who does the DEV listen to ?

Someone who wants more of a explosive and unpredictable game where you could go from winning to losing with the last card played like it was in the beta .

OR someone who basically what's to turn this into a game of chess with cards where everything is over balanced, calculated, predictable like a game of chess.

Seriously that is its one of my pet peeves.

People who complain that that faction has a 2% higher win rate than everything else and needs to be nerfed or that card is unfair.

People who see to have something to prove to the rest of the world by proving their "skill" in a fantasy card game and get salty when they think they have played perfectly and still lose because of some "imbalance"

oooof...okay, there's alot to unpack here.

- First, i didn't put anyone above anyone else this should be left to people's judgement.
There should be difference between people who just pay away to the top than people who grind for it cause if there's no distinction then the reward has no value, "if everyone's special, then no one is".

- If I was to buy into the journey then pay 79$ to get up to lvl 100 then i would just have to grind 75lvls which is way easier and requires way less effort and time than someone dedicated playing this game (actually boosting the game's activity), this undermines other people's effort. (this is how the system works right now).
There are a TON of things to buy in the shop to support the game, why does this have to include actual progression..?
Now... in saying that i really do not wanna invalidate or discourage the people that pay and support the game but yeh, it takes almost no effort to do it with money and effort should always be rewarded.
An example of how this could be easily fixed is with different colour or rarity cosmetic rewards,
e.g. epic for paying, legendary for grinding and since I agree with you on the time limitation parameter, the system should give the chance of upgrading to legendary to people who payed through non timed exclusive achievements which would require time and actual effort thus boosting the game's activity and longevity while keeping it considerably fair.
Different kind of tittles could be given in appreciation to the players supporting the game with their money and/or effort.
These are just two examples, i'm sure people on the marketing department can figure out more solutions.

- So... here you are here's a reasonable solution imo.
Tbh I think that was on the devs mind when they thought of the extra 75 lvls (which you can't pay for), though if they really wanted it to be fair they shouldn't have allowed the ability to pay to reach lvl 100 or at least remove the time limitation for reaching lvl 175 if you managed to reach lvl 100 before the journey ends.

Just based on this

"There should be difference between people who just pay away to the top than people who grind for it cause if there's no distinction then the reward has no value, "if everyone's special, then no one is". "

I think it would be best just to agree to disagree.

As I stated before I personally believe neither side deserves any special recognition. It does not matter how you get from point a to point b any one who reaches that point deserves exactly the same thing. I also disagree the reward has no value It has the same value. Just because some spend 200 hours getting there and someone spent $200 both are deserving the same "reward" . Neither path deserves any special recognition that would only fragment the player base even more.

Just because some spend 200 hours getting there and someone spent $200 both are deserving the same "reward" . Neither path deserves any special recognition that would only fragment the player base even more.

This is the "stuff of legends" ! :coolstory:

Thank god this franchise isn't in the hands of EA, they make billions out of people having similar mentality to the one you're explaining.
Any how, i think there's nothing more to discuss here unfortunately... we agree to disagree. :(

ALL HAIL the "time savers" and "surprise mechanics" !!! :smart:
:giveup:

- I never said that you should be able to pay nothing, maybe i was not clear enough, i was refering to people that bought the premium pass, not the ones that simply play the normal f2p journey.
The premium price admition fee might need to be bumbed a bit lets say from 9.99 to 15 but it's still a better price than 9.99$ + 79$ (or your equivalent curency) to just buy out everything.
You do realise that the MM expansion pack was priced way lower than that..?
...and that's actual gameplay affecting content, not just cosmetics... stop and think bout it, which one of those two is easier to produce.

- Ofc everyone is welcome to buy anything at any price but what i'm simply trying to say is that it is overpriced when you take in mind the pricing of the game's "expansions" that actually change the game.
Also as i mentioned above, the store is already selling complete decks, game boards and a ton of other cosmetic stuff, so there can be no argument bout not having enough ways to support the game if you really want to.
Paying to climb the levels of the only actual progression system the game has seems bad to me, that's just my opinion and i've stated my reasons why in multiple ways with examples even.

- Lastly, since you mentioned "the predicament", you only have that predicament because you were presented with one in a specific kind of way, if you've played many games like you said you'd see that clearly.
I too have been playing games for a long time, for more than 25 years to be exact and these things that now are called "battle passes" they were considered part of the game back then (achievements), not something to be sold seperately and you got em cause you payed an initial price (be it game expansions and or monthly subscriptions) and played to earn em, not "pay to skip the grind".
There was no "premium" you either payed and played or you didn't .

- Lastly, i understand what you're saying and i can respect your opinion even though i don't agreee with you.
This is the world we live in atm and this is generaly considered "the norm" nowdays, a lil bit sad but it is what it is, hate it or love it, you either pay a higher price and skip the grind or don't and be left behind .

Cheers .

1. I believe the premium pass price is quite well adjusted as it is now. I don't find anything wrong in buying both the pass and journey levels. Again, these are choices. People who have time to spare will find it more practical to only buy the premium pass and play normally to advance. But there are people who don't have the time to play all day. I know the MM expansion was priced lower than this, but that doesn't really matter. The reward amount you get from this pretty much equals it or outstrips it by quite a margin, particularly after level 100 when you get many RPs with each level you advance. It does affect the game play as some people get ahead of others, but that I only find it to be normal in these kind of games.

2. I know what the store is selling. In regards to the decks, they are useful for beginners only. After you play a lot and you own many cards, the need to purchase those packs drops significantly. I am not running after cosmetics that much, with few exceptions. More interested in the RPs.

3. Fair enough, but things changed then. And we adapt to them.

4. It is what it is indeed. But, like I said, I don't view this as a problem, or a hindrance, as this is more of a trade-off, rather than a win-lose situation. The solution you gave would have stymied the incentive to support the game. I at least would reconsider paying for this stuff if the rewards I get are incomplete, compared to those who just buy the premium pass and then only grind their way through the journey.

What if the " pros " have a difference of what the game should be ? Personally i liked the game before HC better . In fact the game was better in open beta there were single cards that could win you the game no matter how you played in the first 2 rounds or what the board state is . "the pro" would probably say that lessens the "SKILL" .

So again who does the DEV listen to ?

Someone who wants more of a explosive and unpredictable game where you could go from winning to losing with the last card played like it was in the beta .

OR someone who basically what's to turn this into a game of chess with cards where everything is over balanced, calculated, predictable like a game of chess.

Seriously that is its one of my pet peeves.

People who complain that that faction has a 2% higher win rate than everything else and needs to be nerfed or that card is unfair.

People who see to have something to prove to the rest of the world by proving their "skill" in a fantasy card game and get salty when they think they have played perfectly and still lose because of some "imbalance"

Just based on this

"There should be difference between people who just pay away to the top than people who grind for it cause if there's no distinction then the reward has no value, "if everyone's special, then no one is". "

I think it would be best just to agree to disagree.

As I stated before I personally believe neither side deserves any special recognition. It does not matter how you get from point a to point b any one who reaches that point deserves exactly the same thing. I also disagree the reward has no value It has the same value. Just because some spend 200 hours getting there and someone spent $200 both are deserving the same "reward" . Neither path deserves any special recognition that would only fragment the player base even more.

Diversity of opinion is welcomed, always, and they can be quite productive. Everyone has a difference of opinion regarding how the game should be, but that is why the role of the developer is to set the stage and present the rules, while the pros and partners improve the foundation. It is like a business. You create it, you shape it, then you consolidate, improve it, change what doesn't work and keep what works.

Who should the developer listen to? Don't know. That is up to them, as they make the final choice. The method I provided does not mean that the developer MUST listen to someone. But to present a bigger picture, a diversity of ideas and solutions and it is up to them to choose what they think works and discard what they think does not. Surely this method works better than just going ahead, bullheaded, with a decision that wreaks the gaming experience, like the outcome of the last expansion.

I have not played this game when it was in beta, but I can say for sure that whatever was, it is gone, most likely never to return. So rather than weeping on and on about how the game used to be better in the past, maybe we should strive to work with what we have and improve it. It is only normal for games to change as they grow, and like with any change, not all people can adapt to the new predicament.

I believe people were entitled to be disappointed and critical about a certain faction or more becoming overpowered. While their win rate was not way ahead of the rest, they were overplayed to the point that when the expansion was released, you were lucky if you met in 2 out of 10 games a non-SK/NG/NK player. And there is indeed imbalance when an experienced player with even 2 card advantage loses to a broken faction.

Alas, your last statement is balls on. Couldn't agree more with it.

Last edited:
This is the "stuff of legends" ! :coolstory:

Thank god this franchise isn't in the hands of EA, they make billions out of people having similar mentality to the one you're explaining.
Any how, i think there's nothing more to discuss here unfortunately... we agree to disagree. :(

ALL HAIL the "time savers" and "surprise mechanics" !!! :smart:
:giveup:

Also worth mentioning, Doom Eternal offers free cosmetics. New cosmetics are released every month.
These include weapon skins, Demon skins, Slayer skins. Avatars and other minor titles or profile cosmetics.
To attain all these, you have to play less than 4 hours in total during a single month.

I'm sure the developers of Doom Eternal have put as much time designing these skins as developers of Gwent.
Only difference is that Doom Eternal is one of the best selling games, that keeps generating profits so that new skins can be released for free. So I can't realy say if monetization is bad, as some sort of income generating mechanism needs to be in place, if this game is to survive.

I think that monetization of skins, also at very high prices, is somewhat fair, given that players will be willing to pay for it, as show-off is a natural human tendency. And we need to pay developers in some way, if we want this game to survive. (Or maybe it could survive regardless, if the intellectual rights were given to an organisaztion, which we for the sake of argument would call 'Gwent Community'. I bet this approach would also ensure that this game survives, just think about the time we idiots (no harm intended with the use of word) have spent in Gwent forums, if we had Intellectual rights for this game, some of us would probably make meaningfull changes such as adressing balance problems, or other things which we as community deemed as appropriate in order for our organization to grow, not in profits but in members.

Either way, back on topic.
Keep in mind that this is open market, so in general you are selling at a price which maximises your profits, so there is a natural reason for why cosmetics in gwent are very expensive. This might have to do with assumptions of a small minority of players, willing to pay whatever price for the cosmetics, while majority of player base won't purchase cosmetics regardless of price level, or the skins being a 'veblen good' for which demand increases, when the price rises. I dont know, as I dont know the statistics about the purchases. I can only assume.

So rather than weeping on and on about how the game used to be better in the past, maybe we should strive to work with what we have and improve it.

I believe people were entitled to be disappointed and critical about a certain faction or more becoming overpowered. While their win rate was not way ahead of the rest, they were overplayed to the point that when the expansion was released, you were lucky if you met in 2 out of 10 games a non-SK/NG/NK player. And there is indeed imbalance when an experienced player with even 2 card advantage loses to a broken faction.

Alas, your last statement is balls on. Couldn't agree more with it.

Well my views on how to improve it are to make it less balances and more board disruptive so that single cards can change how the entire game plays out and who plays the last card actually matters because it could the whole outcome of the game could be determined by it,

I completely disagree with your assertion that they are entitled to be disappointed or critical

And there is indeed imbalance when an experienced player with even 2 card advantage loses to a broken faction.

I disagree with the above as well the game should not be in a state where if you have card advantage and played perfectly you are "guaranteed" a win.

Again that is chess not a TCG . If you want that type of experience you should go play chess not a tcg and again there we cards where you could regaulary win in the above case or even at a greater disadvantage going into round 3.

(IB4 someone tells me to go play MTG i already do. MTG Does Not have Ciri Triss and Yen" yet my comment about chess remains valid because it is referring to play style and pure technical game experience)

The game should model itself after MTG a game where a person playing their first ever game has a chance to beat the best player in the world . ( best player gets a bad draw mana screw etc)

it also has more Archetypes and ways to impede , stop, or destroy your op's side of the board.

I can hear the people who again feel the need to prove their "pure skill " to the world already typing and saying that is not a win because it's not a "chess style win"

Yet MTG is the longest running Tcg/ccg in history who has a pro tournament an competitive player long before anyone else so they must be doing something right.

That is how I would improve the game.

Also worth mentioning, Doom Eternal offers free cosmetics. New cosmetics are released every month.
These include weapon skins, Demon skins, Slayer skins. Avatars and other minor titles or profile cosmetics.
To attain all these, you have to play less than 4 hours in total during a single month.

I'm sure the developers of Doom Eternal have put as much time designing these skins as developers of Gwent.
Only difference is that Doom Eternal is one of the best selling games, that keeps generating profits so that new skins can be released for free. So I can't realy say if monetization is bad, as some sort of income generating mechanism needs to be in place, if this game is to survive.

I think that monetization of skins, also at very high prices, is somewhat fair, given that players will be willing to pay for it, as show-off is a natural human tendency. And we need to pay developers in some way, if we want this game to survive. (Or maybe it could survive regardless, if the intellectual rights were given to an organisaztion, which we for the sake of argument would call 'Gwent Community'. I bet this approach would also ensure that this game survives, just think about the time we idiots (no harm intended with the use of word) have spent in Gwent forums, if we had Intellectual rights for this game, some of us would probably make meaningfull changes such as adressing balance problems, or other things which we as community deemed as appropriate in order for our organization to grow, not in profits but in members.

Either way, back on topic.
Keep in mind that this is open market, so in general you are selling at a price which maximises your profits, so there is a natural reason for why cosmetics in gwent are very expensive. This might have to do with assumptions of a small minority of players, willing to pay whatever price for the cosmetics, while majority of player base won't purchase cosmetics regardless of price level, or the skins being a 'veblen good' for which demand increases, when the price rises. I dont know, as I dont know the statistics about the purchases. I can only assume.

"Also worth mentioning, Doom Eternal ....."

Your not even comparing games in the same genre - First person shooter vrs CCG invalidates your whole argument.

- I disagree that more "free stuff" should be given out or made more accessiable in this game

- disagree that you seem to be implying that people who only play 4 hours a month dearve more free stuff than they already get in this game.

- I also think you are taking a jab at the current journey which i will also disagree with but you can coorrect e if I am wrong with this assumption.

"I think that monetization of skins, also at very high prices,"

so there is a natural reason for why cosmetics in gwent are very expensive.

-Disagree regarding your views about price . Nothing in the store is "expensive" or "high priced" in my personal view.

Price is something that is subjective not a general term .

It depends on your personal financial level what is deemed expensive or not . But to just generally say something is expensive in general is just plain inaccurate.

- say that there is none a MINORITY of people willing to do that without specific stats in this game specifically is also a point of contention. There could be studies that show that that is generally how things work in these pyes of games but to outright say there is a minority in this specific game is again innacturate.

"which we for the sake of argument would call 'Gwent Community'. "

- maybe you need to read the quote I post above I would be very surprised if the total social media and forum community put together would even be .4 of a percent of the total player population. You think that kind of percent should dictate what's good for the other 99.6% of players?

- and he way people complain about facing the same decks and how an op faction is ruining their lives how expensive things are , how unfair the current journey is to have an actual say ANYTHING concerning this game in the way you suggest.

-for the sake of argument - my view would be to erase homecoming an actually put it back to a state combining the best parts of the closed and open beta. That was the best time in gwent.

- a time where individual card could complete change the game

-a time where you could have a 50 point or more less but if the op had op decked they could play a card that would completely destroy your side of the board and they would win.

- a time where you could use a combination of card to complete empty the other players side of the board and there was nothing they could do about it

That was the best time in gwent not this homogenized over balanced chess with fantasy cards game they have turned this into.

So there are my suggestions for your "'Gwent Community' player run balance team

- could go on but again in my view they ruined gwent in alot of way with HC.

in general disagree with all your views presented here.

Last edited:
"Also worth mentioning, Doom Eternal ....."

Your not even comparing games in the same genre - First person shooter vrs CCG invalidates your whole argument.

- I disagree that more "free stuff" should be given out or made more accessiable in this game

- disagree that you seem to be implying that people who only play 4 hours a month dearve more free stuff than they already get in this game.

- I also think you are taking a jab at the current journey which i will also disagree with but you can coorrect e if I am wrong with this assumption.

"I think that monetization of skins, also at very high prices,"

so there is a natural reason for why cosmetics in gwent are very expensive.

-Disagree regarding your views about price . Nothing in the store is "expensive" or "high priced" in my personal view.

Price is something that is subjective not a general term .

It depends on your personal financial level what is deemed expensive or not . But to just generally say something is expensive in general is just plain inaccurate.

- say that there is none a MINORITY of people willing to do that without specific stats in this game specifically is also a point of contention. There could be studies that show that that is generally how things work in these pyes of games but to outright say there is a minority in this specific game is again innacturate.

"which we for the sake of argument would call 'Gwent Community'. "

- maybe you need to read the quote I post above I would be very surprised if the total social media and forum community put together would even be .4 of a percent of the total player population. You think that kind of percent should dictate what's good for the other 99.6% of players?

- and he way people complain about facing the same decks and how an op faction is ruining their lives how expensive things are , how unfair the current journey is to have an actual say ANYTHING concerning this game in the way you suggest.

-for the sake of argument - my view would be to erase homecoming an actually put it back to a state combining the best parts of the closed and open beta. That was the best time in gwent.

- a time where individual card could complete change the game

-a time where you could have a 50 point or more less but if the op had op decked they could play a card that would completely destroy your side of the board and they would win.

- a time where you could use a combination of card to complete empty the other players side ofthe baord and there was nothing they could do about it

That was the best time in gwent not this homogenized over balanced chess with fantasy cards game they have turned this into.

So there are my suggestions for your "'Gwent Community' player run balance team

- could go on but again in my view they ruined gwent in alot of way with HC.

in general disagree with all your views presented here.

Regarding Doom Eternal, the main difference is how the skins in that game are financed, which is through purchases of the actual game. Gwent doesent have this type of financing, and I never said they shouldn't monetize skins or journey, because it is the only financing option that is available. But overall you are right, it was a bit weird to bring Doom Eternal into the argument, as i'm not trying to suggest that skins should be free, or should be easy to attain. Gwent needs to be financed somehow afterall.

I'm glad that you disagree about the prices, which is exactly why these prices are on the level they are. Using the word 'high' was a mistake from my side, as it twisted the view. CDPR simply maximises their profits by selling at prices people are willing to pay. Nothing unreasonable here, only unreasonable would be if CDPR didn't try to maximize their profits. Now I dont know if being compared with EA, would force them to lower their prices, not because people would be unwilling to pay for skins and various items, but being compared with EA is what usually scares away potential customers. Hence lowering the prices would be a profit-maximising strategy, given that good immage allows your customer base to grow.

Regarding ' Gwent Community' Argument:
This argument was made from the point of view if Gwent was to survive as a card game without monetization. I'm glad to see such strong feelings, and willingless to make a long post why I am wrong. It proves that you care, which is exactly why having community involved in decision making will ensure it's survival. The majority rules. Being part of the organisation, electing officials that are to grow this game in numbers, if they fail or make bad design choices, we vote them out. Regardless, we may require some form of financing, but despite being non-profit, doesen't mean that you can't collect funds, especially given the large community or player base Gwent has.

well, while you guys are discussing i am grinding.

Ive already reached level 61 with 9 weekly mission to do, so, technically, i am already almost at level 70 if i do the missions.

But i whont do right now only to show its possible for a free player to get at level 175. I only did the 3 first missions (first week) in the ciri journey.

Also, i have ajob, a young baby a life and bla bla bla (ok i am at homeoffice and in quarentene, maybe that would help)

for the record, i hated this seasonal, so i am not grinding in seasonal

Last edited:
Top Bottom