Insane Grind for Journey Cosmetics with 175 Levels?

+
I don't mind extra contracts / cosmetics after reaching 100, but I think they should be of the "Play/Win 50 games with Ciri as leader of a MO/ST/NG/etc faction deck" sort. Stuff that can be completed at your leisure without turning Gwent into a part-time job.

There might even be some economic deterrent to the excess grind. I know a few players who started Gwent a month into this Journey who just said "I'll wait for the next one" when they decided that they wouldn't be able to complete everything.

I started playing with 2-3 weeks left in Geralt's journey and between 12 weeks of quests and playing 2-3 hours per day it was enough to finish it just in time. I understand how a lot of players might not want something THAT easy to complete, but there must be a middle ground, right?

After Ciri's journey end, I feel that I've been playing Gwent too much. It's fun to play but still too much time consuming. I afraid that the next journey whether I can spend that much time again or not. I truly understand why people are keep complaining the grind is insane.

How to fix this problem? My humble ideas are:
- The 24cp per level is tough. maybe 16 or 18 seems more practical (while the journey quest cp are still the same.)
- well rested bonus by weekly but not by day which allow players more flexible to plan their time and earn bonus CP.
- similarly to Gwent Day +25% XP, what's about Gwent Journey Day with 50% CP reward.
- or add extra events to kick some CP at the end of each month.
- last but not least, maybe offer fast travel after level 100?. Some players might not have enough time but willing to pay for the cosmetic. Why not allow them to?

So, ive just finished the last of my journey quests (both standard and premium), yet i only got the contract from the standard.
Hmm. I can't say I'm an expert on how the Journey works (wasn't even aware premium quests can progress without having premium), but if the quests are showing as completed then surely they should count towards the contract.

I don't think there's any harm in sending a ticket.

- The 24cp per level is tough. maybe 16 or 18 seems more practical (while the journey quest cp are still the same.)
- well rested bonus by weekly but not by day which allow players more flexible to plan their time and earn bonus CP.
- similarly to Gwent Day +25% XP, what's about Gwent Journey Day with 50% CP reward.
- last but not least, maybe offer fast travel after level 100?. Some players might not have enough time but willing to pay for the cosmetic. Why not allow them to?

Good points, i can add that its really dissapointing that there was no faction challenge the past 3 months (includind season of the cat). Adding a challenge on a monthly basis with the opportunity to gain few more crown points (4-8 lvls each month) would improve the grind situation.

I reached level 175 yesterday and made the last quests today. Now I am at level 181. It was an insane grind, played every day until well rested bonus was 0. It was Hard and at the end I not really enjoyed the game... Burnt out, I think. Now I can rest. I don't know if I wanna play Gwent this week (month?).
Are you F2P player?
I am, and playing absolutely all days for well rested bonus, and still I am in 141 level.

Are you F2P player?
I am, and playing absolutely all days for well rested bonus, and still I am in 141 level.
No, I bought the first 25 Levels at the Beginning of the Journey. And in August in the Blitz Seasonal Mode I played a lot.
The grind was really tiring...I don't play Ranked, only Casual and Seasonal. But everybody wanted to make quick wins for the well rested bonus (for te grind) and there were R0 Players with Tier 1 decks in Casual too. It wasn't fun.

I've been thinking a bit more about this and it occurred to me... Would it be a bad thing if Journeys were treated as DLC instead of as a seasonal pass?

Tweak the UI to allow a player to select the Journey that they'd like to advance and sell ALL of them in the store. No time limit to finish it, play at your leisure, switch back and forth between Journeys if you have more than one, etc, etc.

F2P players can keep on doing exactly what they're doing right now - play the current Journey.

I wholeheartedly second all of these ideas. My wife complains constantly that I am always playing Gwent and I am just tired of not just feeling but KNOWING that if I do not get the daily bonus, I will be doubling the time I need to play to reach level 165. I will display the Win it All contract as a person who just purchased premium access w/o the 25 bonus levels (what a mistake!)

I am at level 161 now with ~14 days to go, so I should be able to make it, but honestly I just do not want to average 2 hours a day on Gwent EVER again. Switching the well rested bonus to weekly is a great start. And a bonus event as well, because I cannot imagine trying to achieve 175 without the 60 bonus crowns/week from the Premium track. Though I suppose that is the point.

I'm a causal player, i only can play two or three game in one day, so the only way to I get crown base on Weekly quest. Last time journey, I bought a fast pass to get level 50, so I got to level 100 more faster than weekly quest gave me, so I decide just purchase premium pass only on this time, no any fast pass. I thought if anything go wrong or I can't get all unique collectibles on time, I still can purchase fast pass. But, last weekly quest just made me level 100, and there was only 18 day left, there was no way i can reach level 160 or 175 in those day. so I decided to purchase fast pass maybe take me to level 150 or 160. But....there was no any optional to buy fast pass after level 100...

It is very feel bad you buy a premium pass and can't get all unique collectibles (unless you grind insane and not
mention don't have time to do it), and game should tell us you can't purchase fast pass after you reach level 100.

Right now I'm level 108, I really hope CDPR won't take all unique collectibles away when this journey end, and still give the player who bought premium pass time to finish it. Or I really feel it is kind cheat to player.

I really love Journey and easily got to lvl 100 just by playing daily. I was just telling my spouse the other day I like how the rewards are easily obtainable rather than leaving me with the feeling of not having enough time or have to "grind." I'm not sure how long this current journey has left, but I have made it to lvl 140 just by playing for an hour or so daily. If I don't make it to 175, I'm okay with that. $10 was not at all bad for what it offered. And since I didn't pay to advance in the journey, I felt like a actually earned my rewards. I'm excited to see who their next Journey character/skin is going to be! I'm kinda hoping it's Dandilion.

Yeah, it’s pretty frustrating how hard it is to reach level 175. It should have been a much less. About 150 is realistic and even for that someone has to play a lot hours/day.

Jason did another private chill stream yesterday with Liriannna who is responsible for the journey's and she confirmed that the next Journey will have no cosmetics above level 100, so we just need to reach level 100 before the journey ends and are still able to unlock the rest of the cosmetics with contracts afterwards.

Edit: a bit off-topic in that thread but they also mentioned in that stream that the Wererat Reward book will at least get 7 new Trees until the Year of the Wererat is over(end of February) and that there will be something that will change the Meta a bit in the middle of November:confused:.

Last edited:
Jason did another private chill stream yesterday with Liriannna who is responsible for the journey's and she confirmed that the next Journey will have no cosmetics above level 100, so we just need to reach level 100 before the journey ends and are still able to unlock the rest of the cosmetics through contracts afterwards.

It's good, it still doesn't fix the issues on this journey.

It is interesting that in the last week I see that some of the frequent Gwent streamers have not reached 175, some will not. I wonder the% of people who have done it, if it is very high then it was a success, although if it were the case they would not change it.

In my case, this journey was the opposite of Geralt's, with Geralt's I played more games than normal, I even reached PRO rank in those months (which I have never been interested in before and I play since the beta), in this Despite being Ciri's, the simple fact of seeing that grotesque grind took away my desire to play, I made sure I reached 100 and I didn't even bother to play more.
Even with the help of the season of the first month, I had many hours left per day and I should not lose a single bonus day.

I don't see any sense in buying future journeys, they already ruined Ciri's, they can be happy and put 400 lvls to the next character. :beer:

I've got to level 175 but I am definitely not going to repeat this experience again. Fuck it. I am so exhausted with the game now I cannot look at it.

The reasons why I reached the end of journey this time were accidental:
1. First month was with 8 seconds turns - I got to Level 85 just on that month.
2. CDPR announced to scrap Arena. This is the only interesting mode for me right now, so I played a lot of it.
3. I happened to have a bit of time.

I really love Journey and easily got to lvl 100 just by playing daily. I was just telling my spouse the other day I like how the rewards are easily obtainable rather than leaving me with the feeling of not having enough time or have to "grind." I'm not sure how long this current journey has left, but I have made it to lvl 140 just by playing for an hour or so daily. If I don't make it to 175, I'm okay with that. $10 was not at all bad for what it offered. And since I didn't pay to advance in the journey, I felt like a actually earned my rewards. I'm excited to see who their next Journey character/skin is going to be! I'm kinda hoping it's Dandilion.

Agree with you wholeheatedly my friend. I enjoyed the run to 100 playing an acceptable amount per day and am also about level 140 but feeling no "need" to grind for more- I measure "acceptable" as an amount of time I dont have to make excuses for to my significant other. Anything I got, I earned and it didnt come at a cost of mental stability. (mine or others)
I understand the appeal new cosmetics have for more veteran players - its likely the only "newness" the game has to offer them. Personally I want RP's because I need ore/scraps and a large keg full of cards I have yet to gather, and journey offers the best/quickest way to that goal.

I rather doubt you will get your wish to have Dandilion in the next Journey I'm afraid as he featured with Geralt in the previous edition.
Unless of course thats the total curveball about to be lobbed at us thus proving "nobody will guess the characters" of the next Journey

Jason did another private chill stream yesterday with Liriannna who is responsible for the journey's and she confirmed that the next Journey will have no cosmetics above level 100, so we just need to reach level 100 before the journey ends and are still able to unlock the rest of the cosmetics with contracts afterwards.

That's great news indeed, now we will have the time to play as we like... be creative again.
The "casual" mode will feel better since people will feel less inclined to grind hard, i hope at least ! :)

I made it to the finish line my self tonight... it's been a long and rough ride... :giveup:
...at least i made it ! :coolstory:

ciri.jpg

Has there been any mention whether CDPR intend to add Ciri's Journey cosmetics to the shop at some point? I dinged 100 a couple of days ago and planned on fast travelling till 175 to gather all of them, but to my horror realised it's impossible. Would've loved to have that option available as I didn't have the time to grind this Journey around.

Has there been any mention whether CDPR intend to add Ciri's Journey cosmetics to the shop at some point? I dinged 100 a couple of days ago and planned on fast travelling till 175 to gather all of them, but to my horror realised it's impossible. Would've loved to have that option available as I didn't have the time to grind this Journey around.

Geralt's has not been talked about yet, the journeys are quite new, I suppose it will be at least a year before anything is known, better if it were before but I doubt it. :beer:

Top Bottom