Insane sun glare when driving in 1st Person

+
Certainly no expert on these things, but it seems to me that the best way of 'fixing' this is for the eye adaptation zone to be reduced to say 40-50% of the center of the screen whilst driving. Whether that is possible...only the devs know...

A real shame, as the Little Mule is my favorite vehicle. Have to keep swapping to the standard version during daylight hours for FP...

After 1.1 I see the same issue even while driving in 3rd person mode. Not that bad as in 1st person but still very annoying.
Tried to play with gamma settings, did not help. Something broke in this part of the game as well with the patch.

I was having this problem until today. While trying to troubleshoot an unrelated crashing issue on my friends PC, I swapped his AMD (rx580) card into my Nvidia system (2060) and ran Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode before swapping gpu's. I fired up Cyberpunk tonight after swapping back to my card running DDU again and reinstalling Nvidia drivers, and suddenly the sun issue is gone.

TLDR: I ran DDU in safe mode and the lens flare isnt so bad any more. Hopefully this helps.

Lighting in general has many issues. From areas so dark you can't see (would be alleviated by advanced tech like a common flashlight) to blinding brightness (would be alleviated by advanced tech like sunglasses). Extra immersion breaking in the hyper high tech setting.

"INSANE SUN GLARE WHEN DRIVING IN 1ST PERSON"

Although I agree that it's way too bright sometimes, I do think that it's a normally functioning game mechanic meant to serve as a challenge during driving. The solution for it is simply switching to 3rd person view. As I like to accept the challenge, I slowdown to a speed with which I can see. It's just one of the many game mechanics meant to add more realism, challenge and flare to the game, if you ask me.

Does CDPR have any intention to fix this issue ?

Wy wife who has 20/20 vision and is playing on a different system, 2080Super with with nvidia 460.89 drivers on Win 10 x64 has the same issue. Its maddening.

I *think* what's happening here is that there is a reflection off the glass that is facing the light source. The same thing happens when driving a real car into the sun, you get glare that can wash out the outside view.

Unfortunately I think CDPR made this effect too strong; they could scale it back 75% and still get some of the effect without it blinding the player.

"INSANE SUN GLARE WHEN DRIVING IN 1ST PERSON"

Although I agree that it's way too bright sometimes, I do think that it's a normally functioning game mechanic meant to serve as a challenge during driving. The solution for it is simply switching to 3rd person view. As I like to accept the challenge, I slowdown to a speed with which I can see. It's just one of the many game mechanics meant to add more realism, challenge and flare to the game, if you ask me.

Sometimes you read something that you can't fathom. This is one of those times. Are you seriously telling me that my fancy Kiroshi eye implants with an analysis scanner can't even do some simple light filtering? Or how about the game taking into account that my character wears sunglasses? can i mitigate the challenge? No, so it is an issue that needs addressing!

Hey guys I just started having this issue after driving a few different cars during the day as well and hadn’t had an issue with it before, but my god it’s abysmal now that I’ve experienced it, I can’t even drive certain cars during the day anywhere on the map unless I want to blind myself lol. Just wanted to say as of March 22, 2022 still experiencing this issue. Does anyone know if CDPR will ever fix this issue anytime soon?

I have this issue even outside of cars. Mostly when leaving buildings but usually a short turn away from the light and back returns it to normal.

I have mostly driven two cars in my current playthrough: the Caliburn and Javelina. The the view from the Caliburn gets brighter, but it's tolerable. When I get in the Javelina in first person, it's pure white out.

Top Bottom