Insanity Mode wipes saves being considered - PLEASE DO THIS

+
Insanity Mode wipes saves being considered - PLEASE DO THIS

Hey everyone,

First time poster here.

Ill keep this brief. I just read an article on game spot saying that an insanity hardcore mode (single death) is being considered for witcher 3. The moment I read that, i stopped what i was doing (working) immediately came here, and created an account so I could post on these forums.

Please add this to the game. There are a lot of gamers out there who look for challenging and hardcore games, and I think the witcher series would make this type of game shine like no other.

If this is made official, I will be pre ordering the next day.

If anyone else on the forums has any other suggestions on how I can express this to the Witcher community or devs, please let me know.

eVo

Insane mode it is not the same as darkmode, maybe the same dificulty level but if you die you are screwed you cannot load your saves any longer.

i finished the witcher 2 in insane mode a couple of times and i really liked the tension and challenge delivered but considering how big is the witcher 3 although it sounds awsome (and i totally aprove the motion of the reapearence of this game mode) it can become really frustrating. I woud definetly play on insane mode but not on my first playthrough, i woud only do it when im mor or lees confortable with the mechanics and have some inside on the regions and monsters but that´s just me.

Well Witcher 2 had the same Insane mode, I think TW3 will have it too if they can balance it (unpredictable open-world).

40-50h story missions only speed run just for one trophy/achievement. Hell, why not. Tho I wont be doing it this time around.

Well Witcher 2 had the same Insane mode, I think TW3 will have it too if they can balance it (unpredictable open-world).
I think this the reason why they're looking at alternative ways to increase difficulty (according to interviews.) Deleting all your saves would extremely punishing in TW3 because it's much longer than TW2. But, on the flip side, since it is longer beating the game with a perma-death mechanic would be just that much more rewarding.

Maybe the answer is to detach perma-death from any difficulty setting and make it an extra option when starting a new game instead.

There's really no reason not to have it. If people want to choose it then they will choose it. I want it in, personally

I think a hardcore mode that's not dependent on difficulty is best. Some people might want to play on easy but still have permadeath. As someone who has beaten TW2 on Insane, i personally would like to play on normal but still have permadeath since this is a very long game and it's open world.

Genuine question that I don't know the answer to - On PC, the insane mode deletion in TW2 was handled by having a registry entry linked to the savegames. It was possible to cheat, but messy, so I don't think many did.

Is there any problem implementing that method on other devices, such as consoles? (Or, if they bring them out later, Mac and Linux?). Even though it's a single-user game, the achievement is devalued if people can cheat easily, so they would need the mechanism. Otherwise, it becomes something of personal satisfaction only, with no bragging rights and no way of proving you did it. And you can do that without a game mechanism, just by starting again if you die.

So the only reason I could see for them NOT implementing it in TW3 is if there are technical issues. I have no idea if there are or not.

Aside from technical reasons another concern should probably be that they somehow forbid that you exit the game during combat or any moment that seems life threatening, or the game should auto save over an only one allowed save slot when Geralt has half his health reduced, so that at least if you are quick enough to try to reload, the fight's result will be often be certain death.

Aside from technical reasons another concern should probably be that they somehow forbid that you exit the game during combat or any moment that seems life threatening, or the game should auto save over an only one allowed save slot when Geralt has half his health reduced, so that at least if you are quick enough to try to reload, the fight's result will be often be certain death.

Yup, I agree. (I think? If I read you right?)
I know that players did sort-of cheat by exiting during a fight, but I think that putting in some technical feature to STOP people from doing that is risky - there's too high a chance that it fails to work correctly. There has to be a balance.

what about something like, losing one level when you die? the witcher 3 is wayyy longer than the witcher 2 and death after 150 hours of game is kinda...plus, imagine if they make the ending part of the game ultra hard, so the guy is ok and happy, thinking it will achieve the challenge when suddenly, he dies.
I think that some punishment is a better idea (like as I said, losing one level when you die... or even better, reducing your level to half, rounded down, each time you die)

It's official now. We Witcher fans are a bunch of masochists. And I'm totally fine with that :D
Playing on this kinda of difficulty gives you a thrill, you will never experience on easy. Every fight will be like fight on life and death :)
It's exciting, kinda reminds me of Ultima Online, where if you die you lose all your gear.

@DukeAlmighty

Oh, I do get that. Never got around to try it though. I get excited enough when my tax statement gets questioned, thank you very much ;) And I play TW2 mostly for the story, even though I do like me some challenge.

It's official now. We Witcher fans are a bunch of masochists. And I'm totally fine with that :D

Alas, it looks like the answer's no...
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ful-material?p=1525825&viewfull=1#post1525825
10. What difficulty leves will there be exactly? Do you choose it at the beginning of the game? Will it be like in Gothic for example? Or maybe mixed? – There will be 4 difficulty levels: easy, normal, hard and Dark. The difficulty levels can be changed during the game.

Unless they've redefined 'Dark', but there's no reason to assume they have, and the bit about changing during the game seems to imply no insane mode.

Top Bottom