Insider info from CDPR - Development timline (TW2 - CP2077)

+
Look around and you find enough closed discussions and on the news enough shells which are hitting hard at the moment. Hopefully CD Red will succeed and turn the wheel around. Even if I doubt it.
Yes, same... I hate to see CDPR in this predicament, yet I was not surprised as the hype was stratospheric and there was no way they could deliver on the bulk of their claims and promises!

I know im gonna get a the usual "yeah but how do yenno its even legit?!?!?" etc etc so take it for what you will
some very interesting insight from someone in Poland with a close friend employed with CDPR.

god this looks horrendous. most of the OG devs from TW3 gone. mostly new talent fresh out of University etc with little real world experience.

EDIT: "Management gives up about metro transportation, running on the walls, flying cars, large discussions with passerbies, different voice options, and other things. My source believes that the overall content is 1/4 - 1/3 smaller than that planned before." wow..... no wonder this game feels chopped up. 25% of the original possible content was shafted and this was late 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kgl28l

Well, good thing they did then, else we wouldn't be playing and enjoying this game now at Xmas, thank hell. PHEW.

Game on Choomie!

Merry xmas.

Guy must be some sort of special agent with fancy hacking skills, bugs planting on phones etc. So many details, insights to conversations ahhh. Too good.

Cool fan fiction.
Just being a HR is enough. Unless you're like going to work and totally focus with your jobs and don't talk to anyone at all. Stuffs like this could be learned in an instant especially when a lot of crew were upset for the whole time.

Well, good thing they did then, else we wouldn't be playing and enjoying this game now at Xmas, thank hell. PHEW.

Game on Choomie!

Merry xmas.
Hell yeah, I love staring at the "Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined" message! Grade-A gaming experience!

Yes, same... I hate to see CDPR in this predicament, yet I was not surprised as the hype was stratospheric and there was no way they could deliver on the bulk of their claims and promises!
The thing is, they had form. They actually did deliver it with The Witcher 3. Some people had some gripes that the graphics weren't quite as good as what had been showcases in E3, but I couldn't tell the difference, especially as that game was years ahead of everything else at the time. I remember at times just sitting and watching the game world, the trees and bushes moving in the wind along with the incredible sound atmosphere and music. The sunsets, the wind, the rain and feeling for the first time that I was looking at a landscape that felt real. Turns out that the vast majority of people who made that game are no longer at CDPR though and this is what happens when you don't look after the talent.

The thing is, they had form. They actually did deliver it with The Witcher 3. Some people had some gripes that the graphics weren't quite as good as what had been showcases in E3, but I couldn't tell the difference, especially as that game was years ahead of everything else at the time. I remember at times just sitting and watching the game world, the trees and bushes moving in the wind along with the incredible sound atmosphere and music. The sunsets, the wind, the rain and feeling for the first time that I was looking at a landscape that felt real. Turns out that the vast majority of people who made that game are no longer at CDPR though and this is what happens when you don't look after the talent.
This^
People forget that talent is not as interchangeable, as one team has already had the art direction/vision that has marinated into their own, so if you uproot them and add in a new group of talent, they will not have the same view as the previous group, that's what happened with Bioware and Bethesda's last offerings and why they were such resounding failures!

That said, CP2k77 is not as fucked as anthem/FO76, at least not for me anyway!

Oh dear god, and I'm a Prince from Somolia and I want you to send me money, so that I can get my riches out of the country.

Cyberpunk has issues, there's no denying that, and CDPR has issues, no denying that, but for the love of god, seriously. I read a lot of "my source believes," and "I have sources" from some anonymous ass trying to get his 10 seconds of fame on the internet is just troll bait at best.

It seems that only a handful of devs from Witcher 3 are still with the company, such a drastic change of dev team pretty much means its a whole new team. could this be the reason for the decline in quality?

i would take this with big grain of salt
+ if you don't live in eastern Europe you don't get how things are done here if this story is remotely true its feels like nothing new about eastern Europe work practice ( people have to work long hours, people like to steal ideas, managment tries to fuel fight of employes vs employes so they dont unite and ask for better salaries and so on, we have long way to go to be on par with rest of the Europe.

Ps. It's nothing new about companies getting subsidiaries from goverment, especially tech companies (which politician call the future). Often the laws deciding who gets what are not perfect and even big company like cdpr can get money as support from government.
Yeah, this reads exactly like cookie cutter EE corpo business as usual. Doesn't make it any less shitty.

How someone can believe this is legit.

Play this game for a while and tell me if Cyberpunk 2077 looks to you like a game made by army of freshly hired amateurs ? becouse apparently everyone talented left the studio. Are you guys for real ? This is top notch triple A game ( just with problematic release ).

Don't even get me started how this "insider" turned CDPR higher ups into nazis.

Looks to me like memento written by frustrated ex fan of the CDPR, who got heart broken with disappointment after CP77 release. Move on.

Play this game for a while and tell me if Cyberpunk 2077 looks to you like a game made by army of freshly hired amateurs ? becouse apparently everyone talented left the studio. Are you guys for real ? This is top notch triple A game ( just with problematic release ).
I played it for 70 hours and across three playthroughs completing every side quest and NCPD mission.

I see terrible balancing, horrible UI, terrible menu systems, bad keybinding, horrible driving, horrible AI, undeveloped systems, lack of diverging quests, no consequences or choices, etc. etc.

Did we play a different game? Mine was the shallow, streamlined and cutdown version that was released in 2020, maybe you have the original game that it was advertised as?

Edit: That crapshoot Fallout 4 had better factions, better side quests, a longer game, as good of shooting and gameplay if not better in some cases, and MORE DIALOGUE! The thing that Fallout 4 was absolutely trashed for and even the developers and heads came out afterwards saying was a bad design decision and a poor aspect of Fallout 4 was better than Cyberpunk 2077.

Don't even get me started how this "insider" turned CDPR higher ups into nazis.

Looks to me like memento written by frustrated ex fan of the CDPR, who got heart broken with disappointment after CP77 release. Move on.

many people left, and this was confirmed years ago. people joined in 2012 to work on CP77 only to be put on Witcher 3 and then leaving once Witcher 3 launched. I dont have the original source of this so its from memory but if you do some digging you will find it.

So I am sorry, what is this supposed to point out? People working long days? As long as they are paying people according to local employment laws, it is what it is. No one forces anyone to work at CDPR.

Why would they fire so many veteran devs? Seems a little weird, there is no way college seniors can outperform veteran devs of TW3 on these kinds of tasks

I played it for 70 hours and across three playthroughs completing every side quest and NCPD mission.

I see terrible balancing, horrible UI, terrible menu systems, bad keybinding, horrible driving, horrible AI, undeveloped systems, lack of diverging quests, no consequences or choices, etc. etc.

Did we play a different game? Mine was the shallow, streamlined and cutdown version that was released in 2020, maybe you have the original game that it was advertised as?

Edit: That crapshoot Fallout 4 had better factions, better side quests, a longer game, as good of shooting and gameplay if not better in some cases, and MORE DIALOGUE! The thing that Fallout 4 was absolutely trashed for and even the developers and heads came out afterwards saying was a bad design decision and a poor aspect of Fallout 4 was better than Cyberpunk 2077.

And I'm 96.3 hours in one play, have less issues than any Bethesda game running with mods to finish their programming, Fallout 4 is absolute garbage but that's my opinion. I'm sure Preston Garvey could show you all the errors if you let him mark them on the map. Of course that's assuming you can still walk after taking that arrow to the knee. Oh I forgot, they aren't a sign of lazy programming and malicious greed, those were features and we all know it just works.

And I'm 96.3 hours in one play, have less issues than any Bethesda game running with mods to finish their programming, Fallout 4 is absolute garbage but that's my opinion. I'm sure Preston Garvey could show you all the errors if you let him mark them on the map. Of course that's assuming you can still walk after taking that arrow to the knee. Oh I forgot, they aren't a sign of lazy programming and malicious greed, those were features and we all know it just works.
You can hate Fallout 4 all you want, I do as well and I've criticized that game since before its launch, however, the fact of the matter is that essentially every side quest in Cyberpunk is the equivalent of Preston Garvey's settlement missions. There's no substance to them and they're a go here and retrieve this, or go there and kill these guys type of mission.

Fallout 4 also happened to have interactable factions, more dialogue options, side quests with actual content to them, more choices and consequences, more interactable NPCs etc. All with a smaller development team, less development time and less than a third of its budget.

Bethesda lied throughout their development too, but I'd argue to a far less extent than CDPR did. It's telling that the only thing you latched onto was the edit to my post, disregarding any of the faults with Cyberpunk itself and seemed to miss the part where I called Fallout 4 a crapshoot itself.

If you want to talk about malicious greed, then maybe we should look at CDPR who is being investigated for lying to shareholders and the public, overworked their developers and treated them like crap, lied about content and features and released a game that was so broken on some of its platforms that it was literally unplayable, forced a company that doesn't provide refunds to actually give refunds and remove them from their store and looked worse on a Playstation 4 due to texture loading issues than Syphon Filter did on the Playstation 1.

You can hate Fallout 4 all you want, I do as well and I've criticized that game since before its launch, however, the fact of the matter is that essentially every side quest in Cyberpunk is the equivalent of Preston Garvey's settlement missions. There's no substance to them and they're a go here and retrieve this, or go there and kill these guys type of mission.

Fallout 4 also happened to have interactable factions, more dialogue options, side quests with actual content to them, more choices and consequences, more interactable NPCs etc. All with a smaller development team, less development time and less than a third of its budget.

Bethesda lied throughout their development too, but I'd argue to a far less extent than CDPR did. It's telling that the only thing you latched onto was the edit to my post, disregarding any of the faults with Cyberpunk itself and seemed to miss the part where I called Fallout 4 a crapshoot itself.

If you want to talk about malicious greed, then maybe we should look at CDPR who is being investigated for lying to shareholders and the public, overworked their developers and treated them like crap, lied about content and features and released a game that was so broken on some of its platforms that it was literally unplayable, forced a company that doesn't provide refunds to actually give refunds and remove them from their store and looked worse on a Playstation 4 due to texture loading issues than Syphon Filter did on the Playstation 1.

What I called you on was the lie. Fallout 4 is as bad, not better. Now this just came out and Bethesda has had their garbage out for awhile. If it wasn't for the modding community they would have neither working games or paid mods/dlc since nearly all of it is plagiarized.

I am not saying Cyberpunk is great, but it sure as hell isn't as bad as everyone claims. Now cut content? Different topic and won't argue I'm not annoyed by everything missing. What we do have is what most studios release now. Blame consumers for not being consistent. CDPR isn't the first, just the latest. Hell, people praise No Man's Sky and forget he knowingly lied about everything.

Unlike Bethesda, these guys are trying, not hoping some modder will fix it free.

Look pretty accurate. I live in eastern part if EU as well. Nothing surprising.

I hope there can be brighter future from now on.

Top Bottom