Insider says there was a graphics downgrade.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, I belive a word of clarification is required. These are just rumors, and as we've said before we don't comment on such. Secondly you have to remember that our game is a big release - a lot of people have been anticipating it and quite a few would like to gain some publicity from it even when it means talking about things which are not true. Wild Hunt comes out in a few days and you will be able to find out for yourself if the game is up to your standards. We believe so - we've worked really hard for 3 years to deliver you best possible experience - we love The Witcher as much as you do. To conlude we'd rather have you focus on the game and the fact that it's going to be in your hand in a matter of days. And one more thing - whenever we say something officially, we always put a person behind it.

These aren't rumors, they are reality. There is a huge imgur album with detailed, highlighted comparisons, and all pictures show the same. Talking about this as "rumors" makes no sense, because there is proof. So you should address it as reality.

Ok guys, I belive a word of clarification is required. These are just rumors, and as we've said before we don't comment on such. Secondly you have to remember that our game is a big release - a lot of people have been anticipating it and quite a few would like to gain some publicity from it even when it means talking about things which are not true. Wild Hunt comes out in a few days and you will be able to find out for yourself if the game is up to your standards. We believe so - we've worked really hard for 3 years to deliver you best possible experience - we love The Witcher as much as you do. To conlude we'd rather have you focus on the game and the fact that it's going to be in your hand in a matter of days. And one more thing - whenever we say something officially, we always put a person behind it.

Please don't take this thread as an insult towards what you are making. I still believe The Witcher 3 will a great game and well worth playing. After all, people play your games for the great story, world and characters first before the graphics.

These aren't rumors, they are reality. There is a huge imgur album with detailed, highlighted comparisons, and all pictures show the same. Talking about this as "rumors" makes no sense, because there is proof. So you should address it as reality.
You talk of images that you have no idea what settings and features have been turned on by the developers as it's images from a non complete version of The Witcher 3, sigh.

Also "over the last two weeks, we’ve increased performance on all platforms", meaning the patch on the release will have some impact.

Last but not least, it's quite logical to me that they hone graphics without the most fiercest settings on as this is the core of which performance must be perfect. So it's quite believable that over the last two weeks, they have increased performance on the fiercest settings.

They are false rumors ..... and why not show once? simply everything "negative" is false, but not proven otherwise

These aren't rumors, they are reality. There is a huge imgur album with detailed, highlighted comparisons, and all pictures show the same. Talking about this as "rumors" make no sense.

I say if you want to see how the game looks in terms of graphics, owning the game first should be what you should do. Because depending on your PC hardware the game might look better or worse.

If you want to say how the game looks in terms of gameplay then watching a video or twitch stream would be more than enough, unless of course you want to buy the game.

And Compressing Pictures in order to show them online always kills the quality a bit, which I believe works the same way for Videos.

These aren't rumors, they are reality. There is a huge imgur album with detailed, highlighted comparisons, and all pictures show the same. Talking about this as "rumors" make no sense.

I dont; know why I'm trying, buuuuut....

A) DO YOU KNOW THE FATE OF DOWNGRADE THREADS? Exactly. And those who post a lot in them? Also exactly.

B) The rumours Marcin is speaking of are that this is an "insider". THAT is a "rumour" because it is NOT substantiated FACT. Therefore, rumour.

Whether you believe/observe a downgrade occurred or not you will know in a few days. However, buying into "I am an insider" claims made by Internet Guy #74 is buying into RUMOUR.

Downgrade thread = target. Angry claims of anything, including downgrade = target. You want to talk about something interesting, like why an insider would wait this long, or why they wouldn't send some kind of proof or why a dog ate your homework, great.

But I'd avoid starting the downgrade flamewar up again. Really.

You talk of images that you have no idea what settings and features have been turned on by the developers as it's images from a non complete version of The Witcher 3, sigh.
Those are very recent images. They themselves said that there are not different versions with different models, textures etc. Several of those are promotional pictures, so they have the highest settings. So what you say, is false.

B) The rumours Marcin is speaking of are that this is an "insider". THAT is a "rumour" because it is NOT substantiated FACT. Therefore, rumour.

But it does is substained, since there is visual proof of what is said. It looks like you are repeating what many people have already said, I have already addressed that in the first page. You should contribute with something useful.

There are no flamewarws, there is reality, and that is reality.

Last edited:
A downgrade flamewar is what everyone wants to avoid but sometimes it just happens... well.. i am outa this thread since I got no interest in this information :p

Maybe I'm too big of a fanboi, but this "insider" doesn't make any sense to me.
From logic point - SOD released June 2014, Downwarren gameplay was released Aug 2014, consoles released Feb 2014. Not to mention CDPR knew console specs way before that. If there ever was a decision made to downgrade the game, it was way before 2013, so it makes no sense that insider says , that CDPR didn't knew the specs.

I think the downgrades ARE pretty obvious and it doesn't really matter if this really comes from an intern source or not. BUT the game still looks really good and seems to be one of the best looking Open World Games out there.

Yes, since Watch Dogs people have become more sensitive regarding trailers and the the actual graphics in the game and I think that is a good thing. It will hopefully prevent publishers and developers from overdoing it on trailers and screen shots that come out years before the actual game.

Why it is important to discuss these changes, I still think we shouldn't forget, that basically everyone that was yet able to PLAY the game was very excited by it and that TW3 still will be a very good game.

A downgrade is pretty much confirmed to me personally and many people at this point.

It sucks but it was expected, after hearing all the "w-we want to surprise you!", "i-it's not even ultra!" while we got Xbox One tier footage and even recently, when lets players who were at CDPR got to play on a 980 system on Ultra (Gopher, Angry Joe etc) and it looked the same as the Xbox One footage. The prior articles saying that platform unification exists etc.

It all pointed to a downgrade and i'm beyond arguing at this point. It sucks because I recently got a 980 (returned the 290x for a 980, there was a major sale, fucking based Amazon) so it sucks that I won't see the VGX trailer visuals but 60+ fps with Nvidia hair effects / Ultra will be more than enough.

Note, this is my personal standing, I will reserve flat out calling people liars until I have played the game on my system, but ignoring all the red flags / signs seems pointless at this point.

Hopefully this post isn't seen as flaming, just discussing the downgrade, which is what this thread is about.

Btw I remember when the first interviews came out. All versions of the wild hunt will look the same on all platforms.

I dont; know why I'm trying, buuuuut....

A) DO YOU KNOW THE FATE OF DOWNGRADE THREADS? Exactly. And those who post a lot in them? Also exactly.

Whether you believe/observe a downgrade occurred or not you will know in a few days. However, buying into "I am an insider" claims made by Internet Guy #74 is buying into RUMOUR.

Downgrade thread = target. Angry claims of anything, including downgrade = target. You want to talk about something interesting, like why an insider would wait this long, or why they wouldn't send some kind of proof or why a dog ate your homework, great.

But I'd avoid starting the downgrade flamewar up again. Really.

If you want to lock the thread, then that is fine with me. Everything that could be discussed about that "insider" web article has already been said.

Discussion is just going in circles right now.

Why bother, I'm out. This is just nonsense and speculation.

And in all that there is a discussion on this is a little ridiculous, when you see how INCREDIBLY great the game looks on PS4, not PC but PS4.

If you believe that PC will not look as great as PS4 or even better, then I feel sorry for you, not really but there you go.

It sucks but it was expected, after hearing all the "w-we want to surprise you!", "i-it's not even ultra!" while we got Xbox One tier footage and even recently, when lets players who were at CDPR got to play on a 980 system on Ultra (Gopher, Angry Joe etc) and it looked the same as the Xbox One footage. The prior articles saying that platform unification exists etc.

Correction on those youtubers, most of them said that the quality in their videos is not representative of the game. So you cannot judge by looking at those videos.

I know I said i am leaving this thread but... i am totally wondering.

Who is that Insider? Do we even know anything about him ? Its a rumor at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom