Installation fails - Witcher 3 GOTY Edition on PC

+
Installation fails - Witcher 3 GOTY Edition on PC

Hi, i just received the GOTY edition today, on 6 DVD's. I started the installation from Disc 1, and all went well till Disc 5. A window popped up, saying: "Installation failed with code: -10: File reading error. Please make sure you have enough disk space for the installation and close any programs that could be accessing the files on disk, like antivirus software. If the problem persists, please contact Support." No retry option, just OK button and automatic cancel. I then rebooted the PC, stopped Avast Antivirus and Malwarebytes Antimalware, and had no other programs running. Started the installation again, this time it halted on Disc 1 with the same errormessage.

Info on my PC: Intel I5 3570K 3,40 GHZm 16 GB RAM.MSI Gforce 970 4GB graphics card. Windows 10 Pro, up to date on updates.
I installed the game on the C drive, which has around 1 TB available diskspace. The disk is Western Digital WDC WD20EZRX-00DC0B0
PSU is: Corsair CX500, 500W

I have never installed or played any Witcher game before, so i was really excited to dive in to the goty edition, but what do i need to do to get it to install?

Thanks in advance.
Greetings from Oslo, Norway

Kelly
[h=1][/h]

I got a quick reply from Support, and they told me toI download the game from GOG, and install it through GOG Galaxy, and now it works. ;)

Top Bottom