Installation hangs up

+
Installation hangs up

Hello, I just built a new PC it has 5930 processor and GTX 980ti running windows 7pro. I purchased the installation disks and about 23 minutes left to install the process stops and a popup showing autorun and bin files shows up. When I click on them nothing happens but the installation will not continue either. Im at a loss whats wrong.

Immediate suspects would be defective disks, or only slightly less likely, a defective drive. (Yes, consumer DVD drives are cheap jellybean parts.) If nothing will make those disks read, you can contact your seller, contact tech support, or download the game. Your CD key entitles you to a free downloadable copy.

Thank for replying. Its not that issue Im sure since loaded windows on an installation disk. It might be a good idea to download it though. I checked the cds and couldnt find an CD key just the upc number near the bar code. There is a GOG code on the back page of the installation panel that allows additional info but not the game itself.

Are you sure you click the right file? You need to manually click the right file. I think they are labeled 1,2,3 etc. Disc one should contain the first set, and disc two the rest. And I believe the last part is on the first disc, maybe. You just need to fiddle around and launch the right one after the other once the folder pops-up. I also had trouble getting it to install the first time I bought the disk version because it doesn't have a normal wizard setup to do everything for you.

I'm with the GOG download idea. The disks are novel to have around and all, but I wouldn't beat my head against the wall if it fails three times or more. Just log into GOG via your browser and download all of the .EXE files for the game, DLC, patches, etc. Whatever you purchased. (Do this through your browser, however -- not Galaxy. That way, you'll have the physical installation files to keep.)

Yeah, downloading is probably the best option, but it's a pretty big game, so fast and uncapped bandwidth is necessary or else you'll be waiting a whole day for it to download :p Or actually, if you want to play on the latest update after you install it from the discs, you still need to download like 20GB of files anyways. So probably best to just download it directly as SigilFey say.

Top Bottom