'Installation Stopped' - I've tried everything

+
Hiya,

the Witcher 3 was on sale recently (digitally) and I'd sold my disc long ago, so I grabbed it with the intent of trying NG+. Unfortunately, the game and 17 bits of DLC all install just fine, except for two of them!

New Quest - 'Contract Skellige's Most Wanted'
New Quest - 'Where the Cat and Wolf Play...'

It's now been over three weeks and they still only get halfway through the download then stop.

I've tried many, many things;

• tried installing them to the internal and external drive
  • left the xbox running overnight
  • constantly cancelled the download and restarted it
  • Cleared saved games cache
  • Tried installing from 'manage games' as well as the store
  • Tried manual DNS setting to Google, 8.8.8.8
  • Inbetween all of the above steps I power-cycled and then unplugged the Xbox One X, the router, and the NBN modem box.
I have contacted Xbox support who have stated that my account is fine, there is no technical problem they can see from their end. They suggested;

1. Either the issue is with your in-game account
2. The DLCs that are no longer offered by the game publisher OR
3. The DLCs requires you to unlock something first before you can install and access them

At this point I'm playing my PC copy of Witcher 3 on Steam, but I really want those delicious achievements for the Xbox. I have no idea how the backend architecture works but honestly at this point it feels like either the files or the server I'm connected to is corrupted.

I've attached a screenshot of the 'most wanted' file info from xbox.

Any assistance would be most welcome :)

Attachments

• 20191029_220944.jpg
    20191029_220944.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
So you did buy the normal version of the game, not the game of the year edition?
Did you try restarting the console first?
How much space do you have left on your hard drive?

So you did buy the normal version of the game, not the game of the year edition?
Did you try restarting the console first?
How much space do you have left on your hard drive?
I bought the standard version. The DLC was the free stuff, and I do also have the two expansions.

All the steps I took are above, they inlude multiple restarts, power cycles and more.

There is 60GB free on the internal drive and 200GB free on the external.

You could try freeing a few more GB on your internal harddrive, and see if that changes anything. Not having much free space left (like in your case) can sometimes be a problem for consoles, even of you have an external harddrive.

If that still doesn‘t help, reach out to support:

Can you actually log a job with support though? The (very fancy looking) support webpage just seems to be FAQs.

Top Bottom