Installing cyberware should be cooler

+
First time when you install the hands and ocular module you have a cool cutscene showing the process. I was actually expecting something of the same when installing/replacing other modules. I mean you are modifying your body, but they are installed like nothing is going on. I think it should be possible to skip these cutscenes if you want to, but they should be there to give a better feeling of the game.

Yeah, at the very least I would expect that you sit in the chair and select your cyberware from suspended screens, and then have the ripper doc give you a hypo in the arm and tell you you'll be out in 3...2...1... and you wake up after a short dark. Hell, they could have even just taken scenes that you have already encountered and distorted them for some way for 10 seconds to make it like you were dreaming.

I find it shocking that this kind of detail either wasn't included, or was omitted from the game.

Nothing says immersive like changing your heart, lungs and nervous system in a split second

Yeah, at the very least I would expect that you sit in the chair and select your cyberware from suspended screens, and then have the ripper doc give you a hypo in the arm and tell you you'll be out in 3...2...1... and you wake up after a short dark. Hell, they could have even just taken scenes that you have already encountered and distorted them for some way for 10 seconds to make it like you were dreaming.

I find it shocking that this kind of detail either wasn't included, or was omitted from the game.

It was already in the reveal that you could sit in the chair and pick what you wanted from the screen.

What's disappointing for me is that none of the cyberware beyond arms changes anything on your character. Leg mods don't show as cool cyber calves and ankles when you equip them. Even switching from the Ballistic Coprocessor to the Dermal Tattoo does not remove the mod Vik installed nor does it add a tattoo to your right hand or arm.

They totally cheaped out here. I can't believe that they had to cut not just the installation animations but also the actual external, visual changes to the character model that changing cyberware would obviously entail.

Why do different qualities of dermal armor implants not increasingly make your body more chromed out looking? The legendary one ought to cover your body in 80%+ metal skin.

Last edited:
What's funny. The scene when Vik is doing your hand. They cheat it. We cut away so there is actually no animation. Past the machine moving and sparking. The next shot is the final model on the arm. It's such a wasted oporutunty. Which I hope modders will be able to build body modifications. And or find unused animations in the game.

Top Bottom