Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

+
Hi, I've installed only the main game for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (retail) but now I want to try the bonus missions too.How do I install them?I put the Bonus disc in and all that shows up is an option to 'open' the disc - no option to setup or anything,

lordpooky said:
Hi, I've installed only the main game for The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (retail) but now I want to try the bonus missions too.How do I install them?I put the Bonus disc in and all that shows up is an option to 'open' the disc - no option to setup or anything,
if you run SETUP.EXE from the disk what options do you have? i guess it will ask you to uninstall the game, then you need to uninstall the game, keep the savegames, and then reinstall it and select the adventures to install too

I bought the Enhanced Edition after reading the strong reviews on the game, it seemed nice and worth the buck of cash I had. However, all expectations fell when I was installing. My computer's DVD drive doesn't work properly(I messed it up when I played two discs simultaneously... I didn't know the Heroes DVD was in the drive!), and it will only read CD's. I copied the content from the DVD's over to a secondary laptop, and copied them over to my computer. Installation begins, and it prompted me for DISK 2. It wouldn't read from my hard-drive, so I rebooted installation and said I wasn't interested in Djinni or the extra campaigns.Well well, still want that DISK 2, huh? Yeah, this is where I'm stuck, and it's quite upsetting. To be honest, I can't blame people playing games on console nowadays..

yXXe said:
I bought the Enhanced Edition after reading the strong reviews on the game, it seemed nice and worth the buck of cash I had. However, all expectations fell when I was installing. My computer's DVD drive doesn't work properly(I messed it up when I played two discs simultaneously... I didn't know the Heroes DVD was in the drive!), and it will only read CD's. I copied the content from the DVD's over to a secondary laptop, and copied them over to my computer. Installation begins, and it prompted me for DISK 2. It wouldn't read from my hard-drive, so I rebooted installation and said I wasn't interested in Djinni or the extra campaigns.Well well, still want that DISK 2, huh? Yeah, this is where I'm stuck, and it's quite upsetting. To be honest, I can't blame people playing games on console nowadays..
read the FAQ first: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0install it on the second laptop and then copy it back ( copy the registry keys named CDProjekt RED too )

I'm experiencing the same problems as most have in this post. I recently bought a new computer and installed TWEE on it without problems. After some time, reading of the disk became much slower (disk started spinning more and sometimes failed reading). It came to a point where I decided to installed original Witcher and then the patch onto that (yeah, I'm one of those with two copies :peace:). That seemed like a good idea then, but that was only in theory: now my computer fails to read any of my Witcher DVDs. They start reading, but never ends and if I wait long enough I receive the message "G:\\setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application". I'm stumped. Here are some things I have tried:- Reading other CDs/DVDs in the same drive works a blast (I have no other drive)- Uninstalled Daemon Tools- Cleaned the drive and disks- Disabled F-secure antivirus- Tried in safe mode. That works better for a while (the first read of DVD goes fine), but installing fails.The problem seems software related since it occurs on both DVDs and other DVDs work fine. That it worked "better" in safe mode points in that direction, too. But I fail to see what software it could be that interferes with the installation.

Fiskrens said:
Here are some things I have tried:- Reading other CDs/DVDs in the same drive works a blast (I have no other drive)- Uninstalled Daemon Tools- Cleaned the drive and disks- Disabled F-secure antivirus- Tried in safe mode. That works better for a while (the first read of DVD goes fine), but installing fails.
can you copy the disk contents in safe mode ?try to run TAGES again, once to uninstall

Fiskrens said:
No I can't copy anything, it tries to access the drive "forever". But I'll try TAGES, thanks.
any updates to your system? servicepacks? new software? new drivers?

ok.......so i dont know if anyone else has had this problem but i've tried to install the witcher the enhanced version on my pc.......while the original game disc does pop up and start the installation........the bonus disc does nothing ........it doesn't load up at all and i dont know why ........i've sent a message to atari about it but no reply so i was wonderin if anyone knew......my system specs are above the requirements for the game.............so if anyone knows please tell me how to fix this problem .........also this is the second copy i bought.......

I just bought this game, Really looking foreward to it!.... I inserted the main game disk and the installation went about 3/4 the way when it asked for the bonus "something" disk, i inserted the bonus disk but it wouldn't continue installing!!! i've tried it 3 times now. starting to get really frustrated. Please Help!!!! what else can i do? i've been able to launch the game, i watched the intro, but i can't get any farther than that. thanks!

Which version did you buy, the "normal" one or the Enhanced Edition?And could you specify what the installer said is the "something" disk?

Sekiza said:
ok.......so i dont know if anyone else has had this problem but i've tried to install the witcher the enhanced version on my pc.......while the original game disc does pop up and start the installation........the bonus disc does nothing ........it doesn't load up at all and i dont know why ........i've sent a message to atari about it but no reply so i was wonderin if anyone knew......my system specs are above the requirements for the game.............so if anyone knows please tell me how to fix this problem .........also this is the second copy i bought.......
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 , try another DVD drive, if not back to the store, if it does not work for them ask for a replacement disk
Sekiza said:
I just bought this game, Really looking foreward to it!.... I inserted the main game disk and the installation went about 3/4 the way when it asked for the bonus "something" disk, i inserted the bonus disk but it wouldn't continue installing!!! i've tried it 3 times now. starting to get really frustrated. Please Help!!!! what else can i do? i've been able to launch the game, i watched the intro, but i can't get any farther than that. thanks!
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 , try another DVD drive, if not back to the store, if it does not work for them ask for a replacement disk

this is my second copy.......and for some reason.....i can install it on other comps but it wont work on the one i'd prefer to use it on........i dont understand why.......for some reason it just wont work.........the original disc works.....but the bonus disc isnt working....i'm not sure whats up with my comp.....but i've checked all over to see whats wrong....cant figure it out.......

Sekiza said:
this is my second copy.......and for some reason.....i can install it on other comps but it wont work on the one i'd prefer to use it on........i dont understand why.......for some reason it just wont work.........the original disc works.....but the bonus disc isnt working....i'm not sure whats up with my comp.....but i've checked all over to see whats wrong....cant figure it out.......
try with a different DVD drive, if it works, then the DVD drive at fault

LicaonKter said:
try with a different DVD drive, if it works, then the DVD drive at fault
And try other DVDs - not CDs (they use different lasers, so a CD can work but a DVD not). Turned out to be my problem, once I got a new DVD drive, everything worked fine.

Everytime i try to install the game, it gets about halfway through stops and gives me this message. feature transfer errorcomponent: datafile:d:\data4.caberror: data error (cyclic redundancy check)anyone know why or what i should do. thanks.

xxxdirtyx24x7 said:
Everytime i try to install the game, it gets about halfway through stops and gives me this message. feature transfer errorcomponent: datafile:d:\data4.caberror: data error (cyclic redundancy check)anyone know why or what i should do. thanks.
which DVD version is this? original or Enhanced?

It is the enhanced edition. i bought it new from wal-mart this week. I also have test drive unlimited from atari and it wont install either it says the installer was interupted before tdu could be installed.Oblivion, WOW, diablo, gta4,TR underworld, bioshock, need for speed undercover, all work great on my pc.Rant over.

Top Bottom