Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

+
hi all... ;Di need help... :( I want to start the installation but there is a problem... while installing it always stops at "c.../ The Witcher Enhanced Edition/Data/Movies/intro.bik"Anyone knows why???pls pm me... tks for help ...and sorry for my bad english... ;D

xxxdirtyx24x7 said:
It is the enhanced edition. i bought it new from wal-mart this week. I also have test drive unlimited from atari and it wont install either it says the installer was interupted before tdu could be installed.Oblivion, WOW, diablo, gta4,TR underworld, bioshock, need for speed undercover, all work great on my pc.Rant over.
can you copy the disk contents? can you try with another dvd drive?

I purchased the Witcher Enhanced Edition from Amazon in December. I tried to load it on my PC running Vista. The autorun did not work, but I got it to load by opening the files on the disc and hitting setup. It loads OK, but when it asks for the second disc, I load it, and nothing happens. When I try to navigate to it manually, it either freezes, or a window pops up stating that it cannot find the path to the file. I have tried to open the files on the second disc manually, but when I do that, windows explorer freezes up. The odd thing is that other discs autorun and load just fine. Also, I was able to get it to load successfully on my laptop, which also runs Vista, but the game freezes periodically. I contacted Atari, but won't hear from them for a week, probably. Is looks as though no one else has solved this problem.

Jerrbear said:
I purchased the Witcher Enhanced Edition from Amazon in December. I tried to load it on my PC running Vista. The autorun did not work, but I got it to load by opening the files on the disc and hitting setup. It loads OK, but when it asks for the second disc, I load it, and nothing happens. When I try to navigate to it manually, it either freezes, or a window pops up stating that it cannot find the path to the file. I have tried to open the files on the second disc manually, but when I do that, windows explorer freezes up. The odd thing is that other discs autorun and load just fine. Also, I was able to get it to load successfully on my laptop, which also runs Vista, but the game freezes periodically. I contacted Atari, but won't hear from them for a week, probably. Is looks as though no one else has solved this problem.
for both systems:read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( where it crashes )if it's installing on the laptop, then it's your DVD drive that's at fault
Jerrbear said:
hi all... ;Di need help... :( I want to start the installation but there is a problem... while installing it always stops at "c.../ The Witcher Enhanced Edition/Data/Movies/intro.bik"Anyone knows why???pls pm me... tks for help ...and sorry for my bad english... ;D
what does it say?can you try with another DVD drive?can you copy the files from the DVD ?

I tryed to install enchanced edition of the Witcher , but the progress stopped at 2nd DVD , so i manually stoped installation , then again manually deleted the folder in which the game was not completly installed . After this when i try to run setup it tells me if i want to delete The Witcher . Every time . What should i do . I have already deleted setup logs. Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit .

Romanist said:
I tryed to install enchanced edition of the Witcher , but the progress stopped at 2nd DVD , so i manually stoped installation , then again manually deleted the folder in which the game was not completly installed . After this when i try to run setup it tells me if i want to delete The Witcher . Every time . What should i do . I have already deleted setup logs. Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit .
the registry entries are deleted too?

I instal The Witcher without problem. Registered the game. (didint update The Witcher.) Inserted my Enchanted Edition DVD and waited for it to start up, but i get an error instead.//>SetupNew\Setup.cpp(138)//PAPP://PVENDOR://PGUID://$//@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0I could not find a similar post to fix this problem, please help me.Thank you in advance.Regards.

artas3d said:
I instal The Witcher without problem. Registered the game. (didint update The Witcher.) Inserted my Enchanted Edition DVD and waited for it to start up, but i get an error instead.//>SetupNew\Setup.cpp(138)//PAPP://PVENDOR://PGUID://$//@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0I could not find a similar post to fix this problem, please help me.Thank you in advance.Regards.
read the FAQ maybe some stuff there applies to you too

the problem is definately not the dvd player... i wish people would stop saying that... my computer is BRAND NEW i just picked it up from the store TWO HOURS AGO and i'm getting this same problem.... TONS of people are saying they have the same problem and have tried buying new dvd drives and SAME PROBLEMit's not the freaking dvd drive... i don't know what it is but this is bs

bmahne81 said:
the problem is definately not the dvd player... i wish people would stop saying that... my computer is BRAND NEW i just picked it up from the store TWO HOURS AGO and i'm getting this same problem.... TONS of people are saying they have the same problem and have tried buying new dvd drives and SAME PROBLEMit's not the freaking dvd drive... i don't know what it is but this is bs
what game version? original or EE DVD ?

It's EE... everywhere i read that its probably a bad disk but the disk looks fine... i've read a million forum posts about this and there seems to be no solution... I'm assuming it's maybe a bad batch of games? I've done the email tech support thing to atari but so far no response. There's a number for them in New York but they "no longer take tech support calls"/update: so i got a response from technical support via email about this problem... they told me my disk was dirty or there's a problem with my drive.... i responded that was not that problem and they told me to return it.So now I'm supposed to mail this game to some building in new york along with the receipt and the entire contents of what i bought... the refund/replacement process takes 10 to 20 business days. I'm assuming it'll just get sent off and i'll never hear about it. I had to call the operator at Atari twice just to get them to respond via email... even still they won't talk to me on the telephone. This whole thing is an unbeleivable pain in the rear so i'm just going to go about other means of playing this game.[mod]use the MODIFY button[/mod]

same problem here... brand new pc... cyclic redundancy check... got it from gamestop.... its gotta be a bad batch of games.... atari has conveniently removed their tech support line... i think they're trying to dodge a recall

bmahne81 said:
same problem here... brand new pc... cyclic redundancy check... got it from gamestop.... its gotta be a bad batch of games.... atari has conveniently removed their tech support line... i think they're trying to dodge a recall
can you copy the dvd contents ?

I just recently purchased a copy of The Witcher Enhanced Edition. Upon attempting installation the setup will hang and freeze on certain files, the most common of the two being mesh00.bif and sound00.bif. After The initial "install attempt, reboot, deletion of files", autorun ceases to run. Upon running the setup... same symptoms. I even tried creating an image and running it that way to see if it was the optical drive's fault... no luck. All drivers are currently up to date including the firmware update for my optical drive. System Specs:AMD 5400+Biostar mobo4gb DDR2 800 RAMSeagate 250GB HDSapphire Radeon 4870LITEON 20X DVD WriterWindows Vista Ultimate 32bit Service pack 1Any response would be appreciated

Koolaidgenocide said:
I just recently purchased a copy of The Witcher Enhanced Edition. Upon attempting installation the setup will hang and freeze on certain files, the most common of the two being mesh00.bif and sound00.bif. After The initial "install attempt, reboot, deletion of files", autorun ceases to run. Upon running the setup... same symptoms. I even tried creating an image and running it that way to see if it was the optical drive's fault... no luck. All drivers are currently up to date including the firmware update for my optical drive.
any antivir/firewall running? try to disable them

No Firewall software running nor any programs in background for that matter.Tried to install in safemode just to see the outcome. Installed all the way through to the finalization process which apparently cannot run in safemode. So my guess is there is something causing the freeze that either is a windows based but not necessary function causing it, or it is a program i have that is installed.However I have terminated all processes besides those necessary for Windows to run and the install still freezes. EDIT: Apparently Nero 7 was the culprit. Even with all of its processes terminated it was causing the optical drives to quit responding when large files were being installed. Deleted Nero and installed like a dream.

Hello, I've purchased The Witcher EE yesterday, unfortunately after the installation an error message appears:http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=witcherjw8.png(Please insert the correct CD-ROM, Select OK and restart application)I do not use neither Alcohol 120% nor Daemon tools, I don't have SPTD drivers or anything related to it in registry/system.Is it possible that the dvd is faulty?

mgil said:
Hello, I've purchased The Witcher EE yesterday, unfortunately after the installation an error message appears:http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=witcherjw8.png(Please insert the correct CD-ROM, Select OK and restart application)I do not use neither Alcohol 120% nor Daemon tools, I don't have SPTD drivers or anything related to it in registry/system.Is it possible that the dvd is faulty?
it was installed till the end? you pressed Finish ?did you install the game as Administrator?try to run witcher.exe as Administratorread: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0also the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0

it was installed till the end? you pressed Finish ?did you install the game as Administrator?try to run witcher.exe as Administrator
Game installed properly, running as Admin doesnt help, I think I will try to install one more time.

Hey guess what? I'm yet another person who is having trouble installing the Enhanced Edition game, also getting the 'cyclic redundancy error'. I've tried it now about 6 times on two different PCs running Vista Ultimate and XP Professional - both with perfectly functioning DVD-RW drives and no problems whatsoever with any other disk, game or otherwise. It hangs about 60% of the way through, usually when its trying to install the outro.bik file.I've tried copying the contents of the disk to my hard drive to install from here but get the same or similar errors - it just can't read parts of it, namely the data3.cab and the data4.cab {edited as originally gave incorrect file names!}I can copy all the content of the bonus mission disk okay.I think it's patently obvious that there was a bad batch made. I'm convinced of this because the Ebay seller I bought it off was selling dozens of copies of it on seperate auctions, and it was sold as 'unsealed but unused ex-demo' whatever that may mean!Hmmmmmm.... I wonder where he got them all from.... a dumpster outside Atari UK HQ perhaps?I doubt I could get a refund from him, and don't want to mess about doing an exchange, unless he'll accept back just the faulty disk and send me a replacement instead sending the whole heavy package back and forward! Or perhaps I can approach Atari for a replacement? Anybody know if their UK support are helpful/responsive?This is a real blow to me as I had real technical problems with the original version of the game and sold that on Ebay a year ago. That was about the time that I bought an Xbox 360 and gave up on PC gaming. I only came back to it last month to play STALKER Clear Sky, and thought I would give The Witcher Enhanced Edition a go, 'cos it seemed such a great game and a great package, and because it was now Games For Windows certified so I could play it with my Xbox 360 controller with my PC plugged into my LCD TV.Oh. I've just read about The White Wolf console version... that's great news!!!! It means I can dump PC gaming for good once I've completed STALKER, and not have to deal with the #%$)(@~^%* hassle of this sort of issue ever again!I just hope the Xbox 360 version isn't as buggy as the first PC version and as poorly pressed as this coaster of an enhanced version I'm now trying to install for the 7th time!ARRGHGHHHH!!!!

Top Bottom