Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

+
You could try installing on another PC to rule out the disc being the problem. Aside from that swapping out your optical drive (even temporarily) would also be a good test. If you have a lens cleaner disc it wouldn't hurt to try that (even though it sounds like it will likely not help).

Have the same probs. I found in atari-forums, that atari will send you a new dvd1. Some TWEE-DVD-charges which are defect.Look here, its the german atari-forum (don´t know the english):http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=86465Thats what they write there:Wir wurden in den letzten Tagen darauf aufmerksam gemacht, dass es eine kleine Anzahl an The Witcher Enhanced Edition DVDs gibt, die nicht korrekt gelesen werden können. Wir haben mit umfangreichen Tests begonnen, um die Ursache zu identifizieren. Wir tauschen Ihre defekte original DVD gegen eine neue, einwandfreie Disk aus. Wir bedauern die Unannehmlichkeiten und entschuldigen uns für die entgangene Spielzeit.So tauschen Sie Ihre DVD aus :1) Senden Sie eine Email mit Ihrer Postanschrift und der Seriennummer (Key) Ihres Spiels an TWEE@atarisupport.de2) Sie erhalten die DVD1 im Austausch sobald diese verfügbar wird

Hircus said:
Have the same probs. I found in atari-forums, that atari will send you a new dvd1. Some TWEE-DVD-charges which are defecels an TWEE@atarisupport.deread
the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

EPKJ said:
I live in the United States and purchased the Import Version of the Enhanced Edition. Disc 1 installs just fine. However when it asks me to insert the Bonus Disc, my drive acts as if the bonus disc does not exist. I have installed other programs to test the drive, and they install just fine. Is there some problem with the bonus disc? have loaded various other software applications using my DVD drive today and they all worked with no problem. Only the Witcher Enhanced Edition bonus disc seems to be unrecognized by my drive. I have the UK Import version. Has anyone else observed this problem? If so, has anyone found a solution?
Same here, in UK, using UK DVDs.Bonus disk appears borked and cannot install without it, even if I say NO BONUS STUFF THX in the install.DVD drive has had no other issues. This is a brand new machine and all drivers up to date. No I do not have any other drives lying around!So what to do? Is there some kind of patch? Have Googled and searched forums without finding an answer. Or do I just give up on playing the Witcher and wave the price buhbye?

suvana said:
Same here, in UK, using UK DVDs.Bonus disk appears borked and cannot install without it, even if I say NO BONUS STUFF THX in the install.DVD drive has had no other issues. This is a brand new machine and all drivers up to date. No I do not have any other drives lying around!So what to do? Is there some kind of patch? Have Googled and searched forums without finding an answer. Or do I just give up on playing the Witcher and wave the price buhbye?
can you make a DVD image of the disk?

My system cannot see the disk at all... can't even see contents. Win XP SP3 if that's of any use...If you mean can someone else image the disk for me, I guess I can try... worth a pop! Perhaps a copy wouldn't have the difficulty :) I'll give it a go, thank you.

suvana said:
My system cannot see the disk at all... can't even see contents. Win XP SP3 if that's of any use...If you mean can someone else image the disk for me, I guess I can try... worth a pop! Perhaps a copy wouldn't have the difficulty :) I'll give it a go, thank you.
get to a friendor go back to the shop if you can't get it to work, if it does not work for them either i guess they should exchange it

After having numerous problems with this thing all I can say it is a very expensive paperwieght. Why?Installation: after installing the first disc it asked for the second but would not recognize it. Opening the drive and doing it by hand seemed to take care of that other than the install still wanted to disc. Playing the game: main menu - not labels on anything. Options: no labels on anything. Actual game: no sound for the several speakers - subtitles all in romainain?? Staring the game: after the first image, 3 of our 4 times it causes a system crash that requires unplugging the computer in order to reboot. During installation I checked english in the several places. I have reinstalled this thing four times so far. The irritation level is rising above the interest in playing this thing. :'(

gmead said:
After having numerous problems with this thing all I can say it is a very expensive paperwieght. Why?Installation: after installing the first disc it asked for the second but would not recognize it. Opening the drive and doing it by hand seemed to take care of that other than the install still wanted to disc. Playing the game: main menu - not labels on anything. Options: no labels on anything. Actual game: no sound for the several speakers - subtitles all in romainain?? Staring the game: after the first image, 3 of our 4 times it causes a system crash that requires unplugging the computer in order to reboot. During installation I checked english in the several places. I have reinstalled this thing four times so far. The irritation level is rising above the interest in playing this thing. :'(
so, does it install by itself correctly 100%?

No it does not install 100% corectly as install does not recognize the bonus disc - it appears that this a common problem and that there is something very wrong with the company that put out such a piece of not very good product. Too bad but it appears that they released junk and as far as I can see are not doing anything about it at all. Doesn't say much for attari either does it.

gmead said:
No it does not install 100% corectly as install does not recognize the bonus disc - it appears that this a common problem and that there is something very wrong with the company that put out such a piece of not very good product. Too bad but it appears that they released junk and as far as I can see are not doing anything about it at all. Doesn't say much for attari either does it.
Not the best approach to get support. :-\Atari would be the company that will swap out your disc. If I'm not mistaken, there is a thread around here someplace that tells you how to do that.Edit: There are actually directions further up in this thread. I didn't see that before I replied. ;D

gmead said:
another DVD drive maybe?try to get it back to the store and have them install it, if it fails for them they should replace it for you

I'm having trouble installing The Witcher Enhanced Edition on my new M860tu notebook. It's a very powerful notebook and is more than capable of playing the game. I can install the main disk and when it gets to about 80% and asks for the bonus game content disc I run into trouble. My laptop cannot recognise the DVD at all. When I double click on the dvd drive in my computer it says "Insert a DVD" and ejects the drive, as if nothing were ever in there.The dvd doesn't seem to be broken because my desktop computer can recognise it and it's already installed on it.I've tried copying the dvd data to the harddrive, creating an image of the dvd and even putting the dvd in my desktop computer, sharing its dvd drive over the network and trying to install it like that. Whenever I click "OK" on the "Setup Needs The Next Disk" popup it just gives a little beep and the popup quickly flashes and remains.I can't install it and am really not happy, Has anyone else had trouble with this? When I googled this I only found these issues on torrent forums with people who had pirated the game. I do have a legit copy and can take photos if people don't believe me.

AussieDave27 said:
I'm having trouble installing The Witcher Enhanced Edition on my new M860tu notebook. It's a very powerful notebook and is more than capable of playing the game. I can install the main disk and when it gets to about 80% and asks for the bonus game content disc I run into trouble. My laptop cannot recognise the DVD at all. When I double click on the dvd drive in my computer it says "Insert a DVD" and ejects the drive, as if nothing were ever in there.The dvd doesn't seem to be broken because my desktop computer can recognise it and it's already installed on it.I've tried copying the dvd data to the harddrive, creating an image of the dvd and even putting the dvd in my desktop computer, sharing its dvd drive over the network and trying to install it like that. Whenever I click "OK" on the "Setup Needs The Next Disk" popup it just gives a little beep and the popup quickly flashes and remains.I can't install it and am really not happy, Has anyone else had trouble with this? When I googled this I only found these issues on torrent forums with people who had pirated the game. I do have a legit copy and can take photos if people don't believe me.
but you can copy the contents on your hard drive?if you can, then make ISO images of the disks and install from them

I can only copy the contents to my harddrive on my desktop.I've then transfered the contents (in just a folder and in an image format) to my laptop and when selecting them when asked for the second disk, it doesn't work. I just click OK and the thing beeps and it still asks for the second cd.

AussieDave27 said:
I can only copy the contents to my harddrive on my desktop.I've then transfered the contents (in just a folder and in an image format) to my laptop and when selecting them when asked for the second disk, it doesn't work. I just click OK and the thing beeps and it still asks for the second cd.
ok...copy the both disks contents in the same folder where you want, and run setup.exe from there

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot and report back :)/UPDATE: Worked perfectly mate. Never asked for the second disk. Thanks a lot![MOD]Use the EDIT button[/MOD]

Did anybody resolve the 'blank' bonus disk issue? The last post on here was not about blank disks. I am one of the unlucky one with a blank - unreadable on 3 dvd drives - bonus disk. I have emailed atari support - so far silence is my reply.I have attempted a custom install, unticking the additonal adventures and game editor, but the installer insists on the bonus disk.Any other ideas? It is interesting to see many have given up on ever getting the game to install or function. I can only image the outrage against microsoft, it one of their games was shipped in this condition! - Yes - you read frustration in my post!

sneferu said:
Did anybody resolve the 'blank' bonus disk issue? The last post on here was not about blank disks. I am one of the unlucky one with a blank - unreadable on 3 dvd drives - bonus disk. I have emailed atari support - so far silence is my reply.I have attempted a custom install, unticking the additonal adventures and game editor, but the installer insists on the bonus disk.Any other ideas? It is interesting to see many have given up on ever getting the game to install or function. I can only image the outrage against microsoft, it one of their games was shipped in this condition! - Yes - you read frustration in my post!
like get it back to the store and make them read it, if it won't work for them i guess they should replace it anywayread the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 as some issues like this are covered :witchmas:

Top Bottom