Instant BSOD at Intro Cutscene

+
Instant BSOD at Intro Cutscene

Hi,I just installed (and reinstalled) the game on Steam and right as the first intro cutscene starts there is between 1 and 10 seconds before the sound starts to loop, the screen goes dark, i notice that my top fans stop spinning on the chassi and if i don't reset the PC then it resets itself. It resets itself twice and once it got stuck on the BIOS screen so I had to manually reset it again.I have tried with the newest Nvidia drivers 352.86 and also older nvidia drivers 350.12, 347.52 but the problem remains. I have had no issues with no other games what so ever on this PC and I play a lot of games. I made clean installs on the drivers with full profile removal. I have run a SFC /Scannow and it found some errors that should be fixed now.I sometimes game on a BenQ 1070+W Projector connected to HDMI to my PC and use a USB hub with keyboard and mouse connected to the PC but i have disconnected the USB hub and disabled the projector in Nvidia Control panel.Specs are:Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4Samsung SSD EVO 850-Series 500GBIntel i7 5820K 3,3 GHz 15MBCooler Master Hyper 212 EVOZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 AMP! OmegaCrucial 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz, Ballistix SportNoctua NF-A14 PWM, 140mmCorsair RM 850W 80+ Gold ModularCorsair Carbide Air 540 Cube Silver+ 3 more SSDsEventlog shows the following errors due to the sudden BSODThe driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.The previous system shutdown at 02:44:33 on ‎2015-‎05-‎19 was unexpected.

---------- Updated at 04:55 AM ----------

I'm not alone iwth this issue, please check https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/833089/geforce-drivers/witcher-3-crashes-on-first-in-game-video-with-new-drivers/

User has very similar hardware to me and the same issue. Let me know if you need any further information.

Hi,I just installed (and reinstalled) the game on Steam and right as the first intro cutscene starts there is between 1 and 10 seconds before the sound starts to loop, the screen goes dark, i notice that my top fans stop spinning on the chassi and if i don't reset the PC then it resets itself. It resets itself twice and once it got stuck on the BIOS screen so I had to manually reset it again.I have tried with the newest Nvidia drivers 352.86 and also older nvidia drivers 350.12, 347.52 but the problem remains. I have had no issues with no other games what so ever on this PC and I play a lot of games. I made clean installs on the drivers with full profile removal. I have run a SFC /Scannow and it found some errors that should be fixed now.I sometimes game on a BenQ 1070+W Projector connected to HDMI to my PC and use a USB hub with keyboard and mouse connected to the PC but i have disconnected the USB hub and disabled the projector in Nvidia Control panel.Specs are:Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4Samsung SSD EVO 850-Series 500GBIntel i7 5820K 3,3 GHz 15MBCooler Master Hyper 212 EVOZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 AMP! OmegaCrucial 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz, Ballistix SportNoctua NF-A14 PWM, 140mmCorsair RM 850W 80+ Gold ModularCorsair Carbide Air 540 Cube Silver+ 3 more SSDsEventlog shows the following errors due to the sudden BSODThe driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.The previous system shutdown at 02:44:33 on ‎2015-‎05-‎19 was unexpected.

---------- Updated at 04:55 AM ----------

I'm not alone iwth this issue, please check https://forums.geforce.com/default/...shes-on-first-in-game-video-with-new-drivers/

User has very similar hardware to me and the same issue. Let me know if you need any further information.

Most things like that has to do with OC or unstable ram timings, i ran the game without problems, but every system is different ofcourse.

Top Bottom