Instant Crash after 1.2 Patch

+
I was really supporting the Team for making 1.2, and my expectations were not too high, but now i am unable to play...I updated my Game on GOG , but since then, my Game crashes EVERY TIME instantly, that means i don't get to the CD Projekt Red Logo, my screen is not even fading black. The only Thing that happens is that the Play button fades out for 5 seconds, after that: Cyberpunk Flatlined...
Anyone else experiencing the same?
I am a bit mad now, cause i stopped the Story until the Patch comes out, but i can't play now at all.

I had this issue after one of the earlier patches. Reinstalled the whole game and no issues since then.
You could also try to reinstall the GPU driver.

Are you using mods?
Had this too, even after verify files, then i deleted plugins folder with some old mods and that sorted the problem. Alternatively could also try updating the mods first.

Thanks fo the tips. No i don't use any mods. Verifiing and repairing did not help either, only thing i can do now is download the whole thing again...

This is the image I see after pressing space for continue on the initial loading screen - no option to load a game or start new, etc.
cpbug.png

Just updated to the newest patch excited to play the game again and of course it breaks it...
This after the hitting space to continue.
CDPGARBAGE.png

Gentlemen who run from gog: remember that you have the option to revert back to 1.12 and untick automatic update in settings. Better than nothing.

Also, for all users: note there is large number of changes not mentioned in patch notes, and some of these changes are not pleasant. Like, certain "too profitable" ways to benefit from crafting system - more like conviniences than anything else imo, as earning creds fast is doable in a gazillion way anyhow - are disabled in 1.2; certain kinds of special movements at times funny / useful to perform occasionally are no more possible in 1.2; some few clothing mods were a bit nerfed; etc.

It was crashing for me as well. I did everything they said to try and fix it, but it still kept on happening. I eventually got it working when I was customizing the graphic setting on Geforce Experience. I put everything on Ultra, but I did notice if I put Subsurface quality on Psycho anything other than the highest setting would make my game crash at the CDPR logo screen when loading the game. Game crashes if I Alt-Tab out of it tho

Okey, i found a "simple Solution".... I pressed the "settings button" next to the Play button -> Manage Installation -> Configure

A Pop up window is coming up, scroll down to "Access Gog Galaxy Features in Game" and set it OFF.
This was disabled in my settings until now, seems that the Patch automatically enabled it again.

gog-galaxy.jpg

I think I have the same problem. The game crashes in about 25% if loading a previous version load Tryed to start a new game (Nomad) but it crashes at the instant I press the command to enter in the car. I'm scanning the files now and will try to dowload everything again if it doesn't work.
I'll let you know if I get any good result.

Edit:
The scan downloaded 2 files (14GB) and the game loaded normaly. The new version performance tho...

Last edited:
I think I have the same problem. The game crashes in about 25% if loading a previous version load Tryed to start a new game (Nomad) but it crashes at the instant I press the command to enter in the car. I'm scanning the files now and will try to dowload everything again if it doesn't work.
I'll let you know if I get any good result.

Edit:
The scan downloaded 2 files (14GB) and the game loaded normaly. The new version performance tho...
About performance.

While i did not even try to upgrade to 1.2 yet (and won't for about at least one more week), i have a theory about why so many PC users suffer varyng degrees of degraded performance. Heck, one user with excellent hardware went from 70+ FPS on all ultra to ~14! And that's while the game is having better performance on old consoles for most people, especially on PS4.

My theory is, when they tuned the engine to perform better on old concoles, some of the changes they made went to conflict with at least one of newer optimizations present on modern GPUs, which now fail to work properly and cause all the slowing as a result.

If this is true, then it's probably possible to disable a few select things in game settings and/or GPU control panel (some folks suspect it's ray tracing, for example), and regain massively better performance. At the cost of one or few newer GPU features not working, yes - but i think it's much more acceptable to lose a bit of polish in picture quality if it'd be times higher FPS as a result.

Top Bottom