Instant Death during "Never Fade Away" Mission (PC) (FIX)

+
So i am about 25 hours into the game. I haven't had many issues with enemies or health during the game. Suddenly during this mission, Johnny can only take one shot and immediately dies. I was able to make it to the car chase but not being able to take any hits makes this section impossible. I have read other posts talking about a potential One shot death bug, but haven't seen a definite fix.

I have tried changing my difficulty, exiting to main menu, Restarting the entire game, and even restating from another save where i was able to take hits. On a previous save, i am able to take damage again, but as soon as i start the "never fade away" mission, i am back to square one with this bug.

Does anyone know of any fixes? My game is unplayable at this point, and i really dont want to restart my game if that wont fix anything either.

UPDATE: User naidaluz found a fix. QUoted below this is the fix.

"
My friend helped me solve the problem, deleting the game cache files and re-checking the files integrity (Steam - User Apps).
No Mods can be running. This fixed it, no more one hit shots. Will write again if anything else brakes, hope this helps someone else. Enjoy! "

SO to fix the iussue on Steam, Go to the Game cache (%localdata%), delete it, verify file integrity, then enjoy the game!

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue. I'm playing on very hard but obviously that makes no difference as I get insta killed as soon as the other cars show up. Have you resolved this yet?

Same problem, and I am playing on easy. One shot death. Tried to change the difficulty setting and did not work, used a saved before the quest, played trough the Voodoo Boys quest from the beginning and nothing has worked. This has broken the game and can't continue playing until is fixed. 45+ hours of pure sadness now...

Please report it to CDPR Support if you haven't done so already.

Just clarifying, though, are you using any mods / tweaks, or have you ever used any in the past?

Please, read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).

My friend helped me solve the problem, deleting the game cache files and re-checking the files integrity (Steam - User Apps).
No Mods can be running. This fixed it, no more one hit shots. Will write again if anything else brakes, hope this helps someone else. Enjoy!

Please report it to CDPR Support if you haven't done so already.

Just clarifying, though, are you using any mods / tweaks, or have you ever used any in the past?

Please, read the appropriate FAQ section to the end, ensuring all suggestions have been followed. If the problems persist, you can use the "Contact Us" link to send in a ticket.

Be sure to include your system (including specs if on PC), a brief description of the issue, and the steps taken to reproduce it (if applicable).
Havent sent anything yet, but going to. No mods on my game (didnt even know people were already modding the game to be honest) i will send in a report soon
Post automatically merged:

No Mods can be running. This fixed it, no more one hit shots. Will write again if anything else brakes, hope this helps someone else. Enjoy!
Thanks for the info, going to try this out right now. Will respond with an update

UPDATE: THIS WORKED! I deleted the cache and verified the files. Jumped into the game and stood in the open to get shot. Man, let me tell you. Seeing my health drop down to 675 intead of 0 was the best feeling ever. Thank you, im going to quote your fix in the main post

Last edited:
Top Bottom