Interest in Community Co-Written Story

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Suhiira @Snowflakez @4meg @BaalNergal @kofeiiniturpa @walkingdarkly @sv3672 @Trazon

Hey everyone, so @Muffliato @SigilFey @Lilayah and I came up with the idea of co-writing a fan-fiction story based in Night City as a group and wanted to see if there was any interest from others in the community? This thread is just to see if anyone would like to join in. Here is the general idea:

We'll be writing a story about two protagonists "Sard" (a Solo) and "Lil" (a Netrunner) as they try and make their way through a series of situations in Night City. A few notes about how it will work logistically.

(1) All posts must comply with forum rules.

(2) Once we get a list of those who wish to participate, we'll create an order and rotate through the story one post at a time. Thus each author's turn at writing a section will max out at 10,000 characters, at which point the next author in order takes over.

(3) To keep things moving, once a person writes a section, we would like to have the next author's post within a period of agreed time, say 48 hours or so. If a person doesn't post within their time-frame, then it moves to the next writer automatically. So if you post something after your time period expires ... we may well delete it.

(4) Every post must follow the story of the post before it ... so don't go off on something totally from left field. Be respectful to the story of the author before you. If the last post ends with "They ended up in a smoky back room, hoping the deal would go through." Don't start the next post "But then Lil changed her mind and decided it was time for them to go to a baseball game." Twists are fine ... just don't throw stuff way off in a way that completely negates the work of other writers.

(5) If you want to join in let us know ... we'll make a group and start in a couple days. We're hoping to have 10-ish people so we can rotate through without it being too much work on anyone. After all this is just for fun.

(6) We're open to considering other interested people too, but as a practical matter we will likely keep the total number capped around ten users or so.

So let us know if your interested in writing something with us. And we can discuss some of the finer points too if you want.

Last edited:
Cool idea. Won't join it because i'm sure i'll do a lot of mistakes and i honestly prefer to avoid it. Best of luck to you guys!

Sure, why not.

How about we take it a step further?

Each of us generate a character. No real need for an actual character sheet, we all know the game well enough to know what's possible/reasonable. Then play/write off each other, similar to the way authors sometime co-write books with each writing one of the characters?

Each of us generate a character. No real need for an actual character sheet, we all know the game well enough to know what's possible/reasonable. Then play/write off each other, similar to the way authors sometime co-write books with each writing one of the characters?
We'll get into the more nitty gritty plot and character set up once we have the writers involved set. :) We have some ideas, but want everybody who joins to have a say.

I think I might be able to try something out. Just don't expect me to remember all the established lore (because I don't, it's been a while) and don't put me at the start, I'm not available today or tomorrow.

I can try if I can get it working since I have some sense of drama, but I'll say it if I can't (and if I can't, it's most likely because of lore reasons).

Fantastic idea guys. I love writing but I already have SO MUCH on my plate. If anyone needs any help with editing or proofing please reach out in Discord DMs tho, happy to help!

Just don't expect me to remember all the established lore ... and don't put me at the start, I'm not available today or tomorrow.
Don't worry, we'll likely be somewhat flexible on lore. And I doubt we'll be started by tomorrow.

I like this idea. I love this kind of work when a group of fans trying to do something good. I want to join as well. But I can have some problems because of time and language (I'm from Russia). But still I want to help u guys

Sound's Like a awesome Idea, I would be glad to try it, hit me up with some information, and Haven't written much in awhile would be a decen't way to get back into it.

I would love to participate. Su's idea of generating characters is interesting, but I think it should be a little more free flowing than that. Let the madness flow.

I would love to participate. Su's idea of generating characters is interesting, but I think it should be a little more free flowing than that. Let the madness flow.
Out of the Madness, True Art is born, to Freely envelope the world in the Madness of it's Creativity and Lack of Constraints.

I'd like to give it a try, could be fun ☺
You can alway generate random side characters, but the idea of pushing the novel with two main characters is interesting, every different approach would give them different dimensions.

So, uh, before I begin... Are there any sanity limits? How sane do you want what I come up with? Like, boring English professor sane? Hufflepuff sane? Dental student on crack and sugar sane? Harry Dresden's typical plan sane? Building a third park on Isla Nublar sane? James Bond villain sane? Lovecraft protagonist at the end of the story sane? Lovecraftian horror sane? Jim Carry overacting sane?

I ordered those options from most sane to most insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom