Interesting? Cdpr Vancouver is looking for a camera programmer to create "real-time 3rd person perspective cameras" for 2077.

+
Yes, we know from all too much experience that FPP/TPP tends to go downhill very fast. Please try to avoid that here, especially since the topic isn't even FPP/TPP but a job announcement.

If this goes off-topic and stops being about the actual topic in the OP, it will shut down quickly.

Multiplayer probably.
Which could also mean raytraced reflections of V 😊 :)
Well, it does say "Cyberpunk 2077" on the Jobs page. But, it also says that every single job offer is for Cyberpunk only which seems highly unlikely especially when their new strategy of simultaneous game development is considered.
At the time being I think it could very well be that no new employees are needed for other project. Remember this picture they posted a while ago:
1635319011111.png

Most developers are still working on Cyberpunk 2077 and I guess that will not change soon since they are probably not needed for other new projects at the time being.

+ Looks to me the camera programmer job is more than just Player character TPP mode, but also cinematic cutscenes.
+ I am always in support for TPP & FPP mode for CP2077, including CP Multiplayer. It's simply undeniable TPP mode is good for revitalization image for CP2077 to the public, especially since massive amount of players wanted it.
+ Whatever the new Witcher game going to be, TPP is very much mandatory for Witcher game & TPP cutscenes are even more attached to this franchise more.

"INTERESTING? CDPR VANCOUVER IS LOOKING FOR A CAMERA PROGRAMMER TO CREATE "REAL-TIME 3RD PERSON PERSPECTIVE CAMERAS" FOR 2077."

Sounds very interesting. If I was a programmer, would definitely take a shot.

like the guy who did the motorcycle stuff must be annoyed slightly he or she was not reconsidered for this job type huh

like the guy who did the motorcycle stuff must be annoyed slightly he or she was not reconsidered for this job type huh
A 3rd person view isn't complicated, you just move the POV spot and adjust the FOV. An actual 3rd person camera that takes weapons, animations, combat feedback and such into consideration is a completely different matter. Like I said earlier, the game currently has minecraft level animations for V, you can see them if you look at your shadow.

^ Yea this is paritally a joke. 3rd person is probably not possible with the current physics engine to handle gracefully.

A lot of people talking about multiplayer cutscenes or other. It might be just to animate the other player's model animations. And our character on their stream.

Likely cutscene scripting for the expansions.

Making multiplayer tpp would be some solid rubbing salt in the wound

Edit: having read the description, it's probably adding functionalities to the mod kit

While it would be nice to get 3rd person in CP77 single player, its unlikely it will actually happen.

Its probably for the multiplayer version, something akin to GTA Online. Probably itching to implement something similar to Shark Cards too :LOL:

Nothing in that job post suggests that this person is going to work on third person cameras for CP2077.
It's also for a job in Vancouver, Canada which means they might be working on a completely different project separate whatever CDPR in Warsaw, Poland is working on.

Top Bottom