Interesting Idea [Add lore]

+
Interesting Idea [Add lore]

I was thinking to Adding Lore to some Legendary and Epic cards. I've played both Witcher 2(XB360)and 3(PS4), and I forgot some of the characters. The cards make the characters look very cool and interesting. (Exp.Vilgefortz, how does he tie into Nilfgaard.) The cards phrases dont tell me very much and I would like to know more because I love the witcher universe. You can reach the Lore by going to card collection page and looking at the card you choose.

Or you could just read the Witcher wiki page. For the Witcher (3) it made sense to have a background on the characters related to current event; for Gwent, not so much. Well, it couldn't hurt, but still...

It's a good but dangerous idea. If a person was big into card games, but had never played the games or read the book, you are pretty much completely spoiling it for them. You can't really spoiler mark it. Reading the wiki is probably the best idea.

4RM3D;n8978510 said:
Or you could just read the Witcher wiki page. For the Witcher (3) it made sense to have a background on the characters related to current event; for Gwent, not so much. Well, it couldn't hurt, but still...

It could hurt actually... more lore basically means more spoilers, no? So IMO a line of flavor text (as now we already have) is decent. Anyone already played the Witcher or not planning to can then wiki for more while those who would like to play the Witcher in the future can play the game without being spoiled.

I dont know how reading lore could spoil the game or a book not all characters or even in the game(W3). And going to the wiki can be inconvenient, reading from the game would make it easier and smoother.

Just read the books. Most characters from the games were introduced in Sapkowski's novels, and there are quite a lot that aren't even mentioned in the games, like Vilgefortz(except for a small chat between Geralt and Philippa in Witcher 3). SPOILER: Vilgefortz was hired by Emhyr to get Ciri.

I can only recommend the books, great read.

Last edited:
From my knowledge theres like 6-7 books, I do plan on reading/listenings to them in the future, but that would just take to long. Adding lore would be alot more easier and faster

LethoClean;n8986710 said:
I dont know how reading lore could spoil the game or a book not all characters or even in the game(W3). And going to the wiki can be inconvenient, reading from the game would make it easier and smoother.

For example what would Philippa's lore say? That her eyes were dug out by Radovid? or that she managed to bring her revenge upon him? After reading this if I play W2(Scoia'tael line) or W3 it could be quite a spoiler.

More lore please!

It's kind of sad that all cards have one or two lines of lore or flavor, when the Witcher series has such an amazing lore behind every monster, creature, character and artifact.

Heck, most descriptions and text would probably work simply copying them from the bestiaries and glosaries from Witcher 1, 2 and 3. That would make the game that much more interesting to anyone interested in the lore (like me). Also, to anyone who has never played a Witcher game, this would be even more awesome.

So, a simple change, probably easy to do, that would make the game that much better.

Top Bottom