Interface screens crash

+
Most interface screen (probably all) crash Windows 10 if you keep them open for a minute or so. It is a hard crash that requires rebooting PC - Even Windows key doesn't work when it happens. The infamous Viktor's chair problem was actually caused by interface screen to buy inventory items. Recently (1.04. patch) even startup options screen crashes.

Attachments

• DxDiag_2020-12-12.txt
    142.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Can you reliably reproduce this somehow?
If so, what are the steps you are taking?

Could you name a menu where you can make this happen reliably?

Possibly there is a setting or similar you can change to prevent this crash from happening.

It always happens when I try to purchase something in a shop or a vendor machine, if I stay in the window with reddish background for more than a minute. It will not let me leave that screen - PC gets completely dead. Recently it happened when I tried to change some three options (video, graphics) at startup. Just died there. Standard gaming (combat, exploration) seem to work normally. Maybe the easiest way to repeat it is the Gun Quest where PC crashes when you open the Wilson's shop.
Post automatically merged:

I just wanted to add that my rig is water cooled. It has been assembled using top components including Corsair 1600i power supply. Windows 10 Pro is fully updated and verified, Event Viewer does not report any problems. I have done clean re-installation of the newest NVIDIA driver. I have reinstalled (full new download) Cyber Punk after publication of 1.04. During last two years I was running at least 5 top games at the HIGH+ settings without any problems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom