Interior Exploration?

+
How accessible will large vertical interiors / buildings be? The sheer scope of the gameworld would suggest exploring these tall buildings should be an option. The one thing I usually find lacking, and the one comparision would be GTA V, is the fact you can't enter most buildings / shops. So I was hoping someone who played the latest demo or with some inside knowledge could shed a little light on "interiors".

Especially upper reaches of tall buildings, and sometimes the more obscure corners. If everything is going to be in or around street level that would be extremely boring?

How accessible will large vertical interiors / buildings be? The sheer scope of the gameworld would suggest exploring these tall buildings should be an option. The one thing I usually find lacking, and the one comparision would be GTA V, is the fact you can't enter most buildings / shops. So I was hoping someone who played the latest demo or with some inside knowledge could shed a little light on "interiors".

Especially upper reaches of tall buildings, and sometimes the more obscure corners. If everything is going to be in or around street level that would be extremely boring?

CDPR stressed several times the verticality of the game world, so I expect it will play a role.

I remember one of the devs saying in post-E3 interview that not ALL interiors will be explorable, which kinda makes sense.

Some buildings you'll be able to enter, some (at a guess 75%+) you won't.

I seriously doubt we'll be able to enter much in the way of the apartments/flats most people live in, what would be the point? Do you REALLY think it's worthwhile to be able to steal their Kibble and worn out clothing?

While many of the shops we'll do business with will probably have doorways leading to storerooms etc. I doubt we'll be able to enter them.

At the very least, every clothing store, every bar and night club, banks and clinics and generally any building we might have business in ideally should be open. Now will this happen, probably not.

CDPR stressed several times the verticality of the game world, so I expect it will play a role.

I remember one of the devs saying in post-E3 interview that not ALL interiors will be explorable, which kinda makes sense.
pretty much if a building is explorable it means sooner or later we will be there for a mission.

At a guess, a few spacious interiors with lots of details like in the demo.
Personally I prefer being able to enter only in a small but well made selection of buildings in a gigantic city rather than in 10 buildings in a tiny city (such as Skyrim)
one of devs already stated a large portion of buildings will not be explorable but that was to avoid just open empty spaces.

Personally I prefer being able to enter only in a small but well made selection of buildings in a gigantic city rather than in 10 buildings in a tiny city (such as Skyrim)

Indeed. I prefer the gameworld to be midsized but deep and memorable rather than huge and shallow. What’s the point of having a myriad of samey-looking copy-pasted interiors? Just to tick off a checkbox of having a lot of explorable interiors?

No man’s sky has millions of planets which all look the same.

Last edited:
Hope there is "enough" building we can go inside, or at least climb on top of.
As I hope to have a sniper for most missions, prolly gonna take a lot of time to finish the missions that way thou.

one of devs already stated a large portion of buildings will not be explorable but that was to avoid just open empty spaces.

can you provide the source?

it makes sense, but why would they emphasize in the first gameplay trailer? I'm assuming by 'large portion' they're still going to be a portion of building to explore, and Night City will be huuuuge so hopefully still a good number to explore internally

I seriously doubt we'll be able to enter much in the way of the apartments/flats most people live in

That is true in all likelyhood.

They could’ve implemented that kind of exploration to great length, though, if they had been willing to abstract the gameplay. But they weren’t, so that’s that.

pretty much if a building is explorable it means sooner or later we will be there for a mission.
Not exactly true I think... I mean, that would be like I'm a secret agent and just because I used the bathroom once means I now have to do a toilet mission. Lol
Post automatically merged:

At a guess, a few spacious interiors with lots of details like in the demo.
This, but I still like to be able to go everywhere.
Post automatically merged:

Indeed. I prefer the gameworld to be midsized but deep and memorable rather than huge and shallow. What’s the point of having a myriad of samey-looking copy-pasted interiors? Just to tick off a checkbox of having a lot of explorable interiors?

No man’s sky has millions of planets which all look the same.
This but I still hope CyberPunk2077 feels HUGE

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

can you provide the source?

I can :)

Night City is very big and you will be able to enter many buildings, but not all of them. We're putting quality over quantity and like Cargan said - we don't want to have empty buildings in the game. Most of the places you can visit serve some purpose to the story we're telling.

Night City is very big and you will be able to enter many buildings, but not all of them. We're putting quality over quantity and like Cargan said - we don't want to have empty buildings in the game. Most of the places you can visit serve some purpose to the story we're telling.

Appreciate the response! Really glad to know that many buildings will be explorable (given a purpose) and since Night City is pretty big there will be many buildings to enter, and makes sense the quality vs. quantity aspect, I just hope the buildings serve replayable value as well! :cool:

Can we enter random apts and steal personal knickknacks like a certain Witcher was prone to doing?

Thanks a lot !

There's something that is bothering me though. It's cool to be able to enter a beautiful, detailed and lively place; but can you actually do stuff there ? I mean, you know, interact a little with the environment, some activity, that sort of thing ? I really like games that push for that idea, it's great for immersion.
("Immersion" might be an overused, senseless word by now, but I think it fits there)

Just look at this cool person, going around and helping everyone with good information and stuff. Thank you for doing what you do! :D
:)(y);)(y):sneaky:(y):whistle:tooooooot!

I wonder what % of building we will be able to enter....20% - 25% maybe? If Night City is so huge and the dev said a "large portion" wont be explorable what does "large portion" mean?

Dunno but to me large can vary a whole lot from person to person..for myself around 75% of building would be a "large portion", med would be around 50% and a small portion would be around 25%.

Top Bottom