[Interview] Witcher 3 post launch with Konrad Tomaszkiewcz

+
[Interview] Witcher 3 post launch with Konrad Tomaszkiewcz

[video]http://www.gamereactor.se/grtv/?id=229024[/video]

Some really interesting information about the reception CD Projekt has recieved from the community (us :)) so far, how they are dealing with bugs, compromises that were done during development and a little bit of what we can expect from the future expansions.

i missed that guy ! been a while since i saw him in an interview ^^
too bad he didn't mention the REDkit2 or what graphical improovements they'll bring in the future <_<

Konrad is THE MAN! Splendid interview and I am really glad he's brought some issues (Miss Merigold :wub:)mentioned on this forum to the table. Would like to have a beer with him. Show them LOVE people.

I wish after these two expansions we got (at least) one more that would be Night of the Raven-like, what Gothic 2 got. Not just new quests and location, but (more importantly) improve the existing content and add to it.
in short, an enhanced edition, and the night of the raven expansion was exactly that for gothic 2. Not only it added to the game, but had a complete rebalance and improoved upon the game overall (i think even some textures got reworked).
even the difficulty went from hard to downright hardcore, making the alchemy system even more valuable (without having to use any artificial gimmicks, unlike TW3)

Last edited:
Does anyone know what conference they're at? They mention Konrad gave a presentation titled "Story as a tool for making an Open World" and I'd like to try to find it on youtube.

It is sad see how the dissapointment he mentioned only refers to the matter of "Yen/Triss". I hope they are listening to other players who are complaining about other things

I wish after these two expansions we got (at least) one more that would be Night of the Raven-like, what Gothic 2 got. Not just new quests and location, but (more importantly) improve the existing content and add to it.

We can always hope, bro. The game certainly did well enough to justify a third expansion.

more information.
Both expansions will be standalone - exist separately to the main story of The Witcher 3 - and "probably" for high level characters. "We didn't decide on this yet," Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, lead quest designer - and Konrad's brother - told me. "But taking into consideration it's an expansion pack, we will probably go with this approach
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...bine-to-equal-roughly-the-witcher-2-in-length

---------- Updated at 03:16 PM ----------

more information.
Both expansions will be standalone - exist separately to the main story of The Witcher 3 - and "probably" for high level characters. "We didn't decide on this yet," Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz, lead quest designer - and Konrad's brother - told me. "But taking into consideration it's an expansion pack, we will probably go with this approach
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-10-two-witcher-3-expansions-combine-to-equal-roughly-the-witcher-2-in-length

We need post-ending expansions, with Cirir as main character, you need more interaction with Yen, Triss, Zoltan, Dandelion. Not making post ending content will be a major mistake by CDPR, and i hope the expansions won't be compromised becuase of consoles, if PC can have better graphics let's have better graphics on PC, there's no reason for this parity. Can't wait for the expansions.

Looks like that after the expansions Konrad will move straight onto TW4:troll:
More like Cyperpunk. Once the game enters full production (which is likely sometime next year) and development on Witcher 3 is complete, it's very likely that the majority of the Witcher team will have moved to Cyperpunk by then.

They need the manpower, and as much as Konrad may not like it, I'm pretty sure they will place him on Cyperpunk eventually.

More like Cyperpunk. Once the game enters full production (which is likely sometime next year) and development on Witcher 3 is complete, it's very likely that the majority of the Witcher team will have moved to Cyperpunk by then.

They need the manpower, and as much as Konrad may not like it, I'm pretty sure they will place him on Cyperpunk eventually.
Yeah, it's likely. However I doubt everyone will move onto Cyberpunk because when that one gets into the full production, the preproduction on their next title will likely start by that point, just Cyberpunk's started somewhere in 2012. For example the lead writer of TW2 Sebastian Stepien has been working on exclusively on Cyberpunk.

I am just mindlessly speculating here obviously:huh:

Tuco

Forum veteran
We need post-ending expansions
I can't say I really give a damn about "post-ending" expansions, especially since they could conflict significantly with some of the possible ending outcomes.
But I'm a bit bummed out by knowing the expansions will be stand-alone stuff.
I seriously hoped for something that could integrate in (and rebalance/expand) the main campaign.

Top Bottom