Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjmu0NeHaLk This is new too. But in Russian.

Here 1 thing is interesting. He confirmed that Igni sign will only cast fire like flamethrower when we upgrade it. So some time ago there was downgrade talk about particle effect of igni sign flamethrower effect. So it s confirming that there is no particle effect downgrade )))))

Edit: Another interesting thing, they improved the horse riding after January build.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjmu0NeHaLk This is new too. But in Russian.

Here 1 thing is interesting. He confirmed that Igni sign will only cast fire like flamethrower when we upgrade it. So some time ago there was downgrade talk about particle effect of igni sign flamethrower effect. So it s confirming that there is no particle effect downgrade )))))
Good news , It seems the game will have new special attacks , while we go upgrading the character.

Translating a bit of what he said:
Might contain some sort of small spoilers:

He said what we already heard about over 30 endings but interesting thing is he said in The Witcher 2 there was 1 epilogue part basically and in The Witcher 3 there will be 3 epilogues entirely different depending on decisions... Interesting :eek:

Also about DLC, he says what we know stuff for Geralt and the Horse, Yennefer, new quests and what I haven't heard before, we will be able to hunt new monsters.

Also about easter eggs, he gave an example of Game of Thrones easter egg somewhere in Skellige.

Last edited:
Marcin somehow rocking a 12 hair moustache
Hmm.. Wth? Was Marcin laughing at when he said they can't wait to share their game with the world? Hmm.. lol... Also, it seems that Geralts base speed is not walking because he said Geralt will be slow and just walk if he has to much gear in his inventory.
So that's just like TW2, so much for just walking around, but maybe they have a better balance with the toggle this time, who knows. But then again it could just mean that we can't sprint/jog. I hope that's what he means and I hope we don't see that annoying text telling us every 3secs that we are carrying to much shit either lol..
:)

Last edited:

Attachments

• smart2.jpg
    smart2.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 44
Im surprised they didnt sent VanOrd to play the game, maybe he's busy with pillars of eternity. I don't particularly care much for danny's impressions, he has somewhat low standards in general, not much RPG knowledge I believe, so I hope the other guy makes himself useful.

Im surprised they didnt sent VanOrd to play the game, maybe he's busy with pillars of eternity. I don't particularly care much for danny's impressions, he has somewhat low standards in general, not much RPG knowledge I believe, so I hope the other guy makes himself useful.

Agreed. Van Ord is much more thoughtful in his approach and he would have brought an experienced eye to game. Shame it wasn't him.

Last edited:
Another Russian preview, with some (new ?) details on combat system. I think that Google Translate does a somewhat decent job with this article.

Anyway, some points from this article:
- The reporter liked the AI, opponents used flanking very well (in her opinion), and once an opponent even feigned retreat to sneak at her from the back.
- If Geralt is too far to reach the enemy with a swing of the sword, he won't leap at the enemy TW2-style, but will just cut the air.
- Active Quen is not visualized in any way (at least in the build she played), so it's hard to figure out when it stops protecting you. And anyway, it was quite weak (with a low-level Geralt), and helped with only 1-2 hits.
- She liked the fistfights, they were not one-on-one, but group fights, and Geralt retained all the options he has with swords (i.e. block, pirouette, roll and "riposte"). No QTEs.
- It was hard to fight on the horseback, since Roach cannot turn too sharply, and can become frightened and throw Geralt off; moreover most of the signs are not available while on the horseback, but she wasn't sure whether it was intended or a bug.
- Monsters are territorial: they'll stop following you once you leave their home area.
- Potions are indeed automatically rebrewed at each meditation after you gather the components once, but the trick is that potions now require many more components (considerably more than 5 different components for any potion) than they used to in TW1 and TW2, and it's hard to find all those components.
- After 3 hours of gameplay in Prologue she was Level 2.
- She liked gwent.
- You need to be careful not to fall from a height. She died couple of times accidentally this way.
- Difficulty setting affects the number of enemies, and doesn't affect their hitpoints (at least from her experience).
- The game contains much more humour than previous titles in the series.
- Food/drinks are back, offer minor health restoration.
- The reporter liked High graphics setting on the PC (in this January build). She particularly liked the detail on characters in cutscenes. For instance, she could really feel that Yennefer's skin is that of a 16-year-old, as described in the books.
- There was no Assassin's Creed-style wall climbing, but she could jump onto a roof of a house from a nearby hill.
- Performing a block or a riposte doesn't cost anything (e.g. vigour) (as far as she remembers).
- Fisstech is in. (thanks, @TemerianGirl , for pointing this out!)

EDIT: (correction, thanks, @TemerianGirl !)
A photo made by the reporter at this preview event, showing three REDs:
Radek Grabowski, Valentina Zlobina (head of Marketing/PR for Russia and CIS at CDPR) and Jakub Szamałek
View attachment 11813

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Its probably because they plan on doing a bunch of video content around it and Danny is the "video guy", while VanOrd is more editorial.

- The reporter liked the AI, opponents used flanking very well (in her opinion), and once an opponent even feigned retreat to sneak at her from the back.
- She liked the fistfights, they were not one-on-one, but group fights, and Geralt reatined all the options he has with swords (i.e. block, pirouette, roll and "riposte"). No QTEs
Fist fighting sounds interesting, I'm curious to see the animations for that.
That feigned retreat must have been a bug of some sort, though.

Last edited:
That feigned retreat must have been a bug of some sort, though.

I hope not though.

There was a game, with enemies that shoot, cant remember which now, where enemies were hurt and in the ground but faking that they were incapable of continuing the fight, and then when you turn around a certain time or move away, they get up and shoot you in the back.

I think it was in STALKER, but also in Mafia. Excellent feature if you ask me, few moments are encountered where game characters dont serve to almost every will of yours, and can lie to you, trick you, fake or misguide you, and other things like that. It gives even random enemies some personality.

She is our head of PR and marketing in Russia and CIS. ;)

And you also forgot to add the fisstech part. :p

Thanks for the correction, apparently I was typing before reading :) It's quite silly, I've seen Valentina on photos before, should've recognized her.

And yeah, how could I forget the fisstech :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom