Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcin Momot confirmed that the main currency in game will be Novigrad Crown!
He used word "MAIN". Maybe there will be more currencies and we will have to exchange them?

Poor orens.

Attachments

• oren.jpg
    oren.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 38
Comes down to personal taste.
I agreed with him about the time saving aspect, just do it once and don't ask me to do the same thing over and over again.
I don't know if they will have an option to disable auto refill, can't see why they wouldn't have.

I was never a fan of mixing herbs.

Apparently CD Projekt RED confirmed it's 50GB install on consoles

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-dev-confirms-install-size-is-50gb-on-ps4/1100-6425046/

Comes down to personal taste.
I agreed with him about the time saving aspect, just do it once and don't ask me to do the same thing over and over again.
I don't know if they will have an option to disable auto refill, can't see why they wouldn't have.

I was never a fan of mixing herbs.

Didn't CD Projekt RED say it's auto refilling if you have required alcohol base? I think it was on recent stream from devs

Last edited:
Oh god, this. I watched it the other day. When they started to complain about the story I had to shut it off. Couldn't take that stupidity anymore. How can anyone like that be a game journalist...although...I guess they can't do anything better than that.

Their critiscism about story was kind of nonsense but the other things they said were totally fine. I rather listen to personal opinions than just praises.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-26-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

"Take potions, for instance: you now need only assemble them once before they refill automatically every time you meditate. That's a nice, time-saving touch, and in one assured stroke it makes the alchemy skill tree attractive again"

But thats only for the basic ones(also you will need to have alcohol to do that-without it they will not auto refill), the more powerful ones will require to collect the ingredients all the time, so everyone should be happy.

But thats only for the basic ones(also you will need to have alcohol to do that-without it they will not auto refill), the more powerful ones will require to collect the ingredients all the time, so everyone should be happy.

That is not confirmed yet, only assumptions here.

We do know the potions auto-refill after the first time if you have the alcohol base.
We do know to "upgrade" the potion we need to collect ingredients again, but we do not know if we do have to collect every time or if we just have to collect them 1 time and then we can auto-refill the upgraded potion.

Yes, potions auto-refill if you have the alcohol base for them. I like it because it's less menu work.

I would still prefer having the OPTION to have to collect ingredients.

I don't want to start a debate about it or anything, but I still think the alchemy from the first game was the most fun. Once got had it down.

I liked the freedom with it. The way you could experiment, and match up the secondary substances for addition benefits, and all that. Obviously it could have been refined more than it was, but i personally didn;t think a complete change of the system was needed.

We do know to "upgrade" the potion we need to collect ingredients again, but we do not know if we do have to collect every time or if we just have to collect them 1 time and then we can auto-refill the upgraded potion..

In one of the interviews it was said that the ingredients are quite hard to find, which sounds like you'll have to gather them only one time.

here is the video

http://youtu.be/M8yctuAY570?t=35m48s

Last edited:
That is not confirmed yet, only assumptions here.

We do know the potions auto-refill after the first time if you have the alcohol base.
We do know to "upgrade" the potion we need to collect ingredients again, but we do not know if we do have to collect every time or if we just have to collect them 1 time and then we can auto-refill the upgraded potion.

It was confirmed by MM, although it is in Polish and i have simplify it a bit but the general idea is as i wrote above
Here is the quote of him about the elixirs:
Auto-uzupełnienie danego eliksiru występuje pod warunkiem, że mamy do niego bazowy alkohol. Dzieje się to gdy medytujemy. Składników potrzebujemy, żeby stworzyć jakiś eliksir po raz pierwszy lub ulepszoną jego wersję. Są jeszcze odwary przygotowywane na bazie mutagenów i one się nie uzupełniają automatycznie. Potrzebne są wszystkie składniki - mają one dużo mocniejsze działanie ale trudniej je stworzyć.

Auto-uzupełnienie danego eliksiru występuje pod warunkiem, że mamy do niego bazowy alkohol. Dzieje się to gdy medytujemy. Składników potrzebujemy, żeby stworzyć jakiś eliksir po raz pierwszy lub ulepszoną jego wersję. Są jeszcze odwary przygotowywane na bazie mutagenów i one się nie uzupełniają automatycznie. Potrzebne są wszystkie składniki - mają one dużo mocniejsze działanie ale trudniej je stworzyć.

He is only talking about the mutagens, those have to be made every time. The rest can be refilled automatically. And we do not know if the enhanced "upgraded" version of a potion will need 1-time ingredients or if it will need ingredients every time.

In one of the interviews it was said that the ingredients are quite hard to find, which sounds like you'll have to gather them only one time.

here is the video

http://youtu.be/M8yctuAY570?t=35m48s

Thx, saw that one already.
But that again is not the right way to do it IMO. Sure, it's better than auto-refill and easy-to-find ingredients, so I am glad for that, but in the end having ingredients easy to find and having you make the potions is better for me than having them hard to find and only having to make the potions 1 time.
Hell, I would be satisfied if a potion had 10 - 12 "uses" and you would only have to re-collect the ingredients every time those uses expire, even if you could "stretch" the potion (you have 3 uses, if you use all of them you have to refill, if not you can refill without the ingredients) I would be happy.
But this? Basically I will be searching for potion ingredients for 2 - 3 hours just to get 1 potion that now refills for the rest of the game.
Instead of spreading the work you have to do over the whole game their choice is to concentrate it on a few points in the game probably taking long (30 minutes up to a few hours) where you will be busy searching the ingredients. That will be even more of a chore than collecting ingredients along the way, especially since in TW1/2 killing monsters did already half the job to collect ingredients. Even worse, should it take less than 30 minutes to find all the ingredients they will not really be "hard to find". So either way it is bad (IMO).

Last edited:

And I still don't like it...beacuse the game automatically do something that I might don't want to do...or that I might to do myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom