Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gamestar one sounded pretty exclusive and special. This and other articles from the january demo appearing are result of the prepared hands on impressions that simply have to "travel" around countries before we get them.

Poland, UK, and USA were the first I believe, now people from other places are at other events having the same chances to try that version.

Yes, you're right. I'm curious if CDP let's some other guys play on ultra settings with everything fixed and working fluently, as they let Gamestar.
I'd love to hear some other reviews about the newest build, not only from Gamestar.

Besides... if the game works perfect know (according to gamestar review), why aren't they showing the newest build for journalist, but on high settings ?
The game would be probably be much more stable etc. Everybody knows, that build from January was just ok. It's weird when it comes to advertising the game ( yet are only 2 months to release )

January build or not, this is the part that is most concerning to me, I've always been wondering about whether they'll manage to keep it interesting.

Yes same with me, however I suspect monster hunting is much less important than what CDPR wants you to believe.

Its always announced like a big thing, but when you consider what you really do in the witcher, that is play main quests and side quests with stories and so on, monster hunting seems to live with those things and instead replace the moments where in TW1 and TW2 you would just simply fight monsters with no reason, just going there and killing whataver you encounter.

I think MH is much more inconsequential in the core witcher gameplay than what it seems, we know awesome main and side quests are still there so, i think it wont have to be super interesting all the time as a critical need, its just an addition.

I think MH is much more inconsequential in the core witcher gameplay than what it seems, we know awesome main and side quests are still there so, i think it wont have to be super interesting all the time as a critical need, its just an addition.
I agree, though if the number of unique monsters is still as high as we've last heard (~80), then it's quite a huge addition, isn't it? I must admit I'll be a bit disappointed if the 'witcher senses' mechanic really ends up being a borefest. We shall see...

Yes same with me, however I suspect monster hunting is much less important than what CDPR wants you to believe.

Its always announced like a big thing, but when you consider what you really do in the witcher, that is play main quests and side quests with stories and so on, monster hunting seems to live with those things and instead replace the moments where in TW1 and TW2 you would just simply fight monsters with no reason, just going there and killing whataver you encounter.

Even thought he general pattern might be similar, it's hard to be that different, I do hope that the monsters differ significantly and you need to employ different tactics against them.

Monster hunting is actually something I'm really looking forward to, I really missed it in TW2. It just had this awesome feeling about it, at least for me and I want it back.
Killing monsters, hunting things,…family business. :)

I agree, though if the number of unique monsters is still as high as we've last heard (~80), then it's quite a huge addition, isn't it? I must admit I'll be a bit disappointed if the 'witcher senses' ends up being borefest. We shall see...
So far I haven't seen anything in the gameplay footage that suggests otherwise, so I'm toning down my expectations about witcher senses. At the moment I think it actually lessens the experience in a way because it doesn't require the player to pay attention to anything. I'm thinking about the PAX footage, where Geralt investigates the wine barrel - I don't see the merit of witcher senses there. Instead, I'm imagining a situation where I don't have things highlighted with it, and then I'll actually need to look around the scene myself and walk around it until I find that thing that's interactable. As it stands, witcher senses actually aren't making me, the player, investigate. It's making me walk from one shiny thing to the other.

if the combat is fun and monsters are varied with good AI then i dont care if hunting is complex or not. Witcher senses are just medalion from Witcher 2 so u can monster hunting without them if u want more challenge ;) .

Even thought he general pattern might be similar, it's hard to be that different, I do hope that the monsters differ significantly and you need to employ different tactics against them.

Thats exactly the way I look at it.

I think MH is basically a nice superficial icing on the cake that is actually fighting unique and capable monsters. Everything we hear and read so far, points to MH being very repetitive, but only the decoration of it, the "quests", the WS, and so on, the actual fights seem to be awesome, much more than in TW2.

To me it looks like because these are essentially glorified events surrounding a monster fight, MH events start to get judged as quests, rather than just fighting a monster out there. So my thought is that maybe as quests in terms of quality they suck, but thats not the point about them.

It remains to be seen however how many MH events are actually combined with interesing side quest, like the Leshen thing, which also impacted the village and so on.

Hmm, for me MH is everything from getting the quest, monster tracking, actual fight and finally delivering the bounty. Once I do that few times I'll tell you if it's boring...
The problem is that we don't know what they (journalist) did, how they played the game... then I get the feeling they reduced MH to MT (monster tracking).
And that it was not the final game...

Then you can always say that when playing as a sniper using scope is repetitive and tiresome :D

Anyway, I agree W3 won't be perfect on all fronts...I just want to have a great fun with it overall !

Maybe a more sober preview isn't that bad. The hype train was hitting ludicrous speed lately, and sooner or later we have to face the fact that TW3 won't be a perfect game. So long as story, quests and combat are up to expectations, I'm fine.
Hardly bad. I appreciate them. And I agree with you about the hype. There are some previews or snippets of information that leave you with the impression that this game will be perfect, and it's easy to forget that there are probably some aspects that won't be as good. We're in this funny position where so much of the game is shaping out to be great, that when something seems just... regular, it stands out more.

I think it' mostly due to the fact that Iosword, the female journalist, is a huge Dark Souls fan, for her an rpg is all about gameplay, she just don't see the point of a story-driven experience and that's presumeably why she did not really enjoy the previous game and don't seem particulary hype about the next one.

Personnaly I never liked the souls séries, what I look forward in an rpg is the story and the freedom of choices so if I had to make a preview about Bloodborne I will probably sound as harsh as she is about The Witcher even if Bloodborne is a masterpiece because that's really not my type of game.

So if you ignore the impression of Iosword and focuses only on the part written by Pouicoss (who really like the previous game) it sound as promising as any other preview.

Guy is complaining that game was too easy - seys he played on easy. ಠ_ಠ
well duh, it's easy mode. What a dumb ass lol.. Look, I'm going to play on easy/story mode myself, so if devs made it as hard as TW2 on XB360 on easy, or something in-between Easy & Normal, it should be golden for casual players who want to have fun and enjoy the story while being more of a bad ass, like Geralt really is.
I never understood why things like wolves or bandits should be hard for Geralt to slay, fuck all that noise ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom