Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Dark Souls damn it, they make this game sound way to hard to play :(

Well to be honest dark souls can be "hard" in pretty unfair, clunky, and unbalanced ways, besides being awesome of course.

I don't know if your talking shit about me or what, but some of us are injured and can only play for short amounts of time, and want to enjoy the story and game on easy mode. Just because some of us want easy to be easy, does not mean we want hand holding and hints bro! But, nice comic, I get it to a point, but least you forget not everyone who wants to play and enjoy this game is in a perfect state to do so. Easy mode should be easy a breeze, Normal mode should be some what rewarding with it's hard spots, Hard mode should be hard for all the dark souls fans, Insane mode, the proof is in the name, you die you lose it all lol... ;)

I don't know if your talking shit about me or what, but some of us are injured and can only play for short amounts of time, and want to enjoy the story and game on easy mode. Just because some of us want easy to be easy, does not mean we want hand holding and hints bro! But, nice comic, I get it to a point, but least you forget not everyone who wants to play and enjoy this game is in a perfect state to do so. Easy mode should be easy a breeze, Normal mode should be some what rewarding with it's hard spots, Hard mode should be hard for all the dark souls fans, Insane mode, the proof is in the name, you die you lose it all lol... ;)

I think after the flack they got from TW2's vanilla difficulty, they're acutely aware of balancing the combat now. I'm sure easy mode will be easy this time around.

If you do not mind, could you explain how you do not have the means to beat such a difficulty. What do you have? (just curious, no offense).

I can see why easy should be easy and that is all fine.
I think what most people are saying is that everything above easy better not be too easy. because on normal and hard and above we do not want to have a dumped down difficulty.

Easy is for those who need it easy because they can't do hard for whatever reason, normal is for the lazy gamers and casuals. But hard, Dark Mode and Insane should be DAMN hard. It NEEDS to be damn hard.

If you do not mind, could you explain how you do not have the means to beat such a difficulty. What do you have? (just curious, no offense).

I can see why easy should be easy and that is all fine.
I think what most people are saying is that everything above easy better not be too easy. because on normal and hard and above we do not want to have a dumped down difficulty.

Easy is for those who need it easy because they can't do hard for whatever reason, normal is for the lazy gamers and casuals. But hard, Dark Mode and Insane should be DAMN hard. It NEEDS to be damn hard.
Normal difficulty is for lazy gamers!?! Okay, welll that's your opinion, just because someone suffers from a disability, does not mean that he or she are lazy gamers, that was mean dood!
Anyways... I don't care, I'm sure all walks of life will be able to enjoy this game with it's many difficulty settings in the end.
I want to play on normal first, because I'm lazy, but if it's too hard, I'll play on easy and know I don't deserve this walk in the park lol.. whatever man ;)

Last edited:
The meanings of difficulty levels change depending genre's and franchises. In TW games, where there is a balance to be had between exploring, uncovering a story, interacting with characters, and fighting, Normal is NOT " for the lazy gamers and casuals", its for those that prefer a more balanced experience, one where combat and its parasite features (crafting, grinding, etc) dont overtake most of your gaming time with the game. Its not just about how hard it is, its about what it makes the game to be, what it makes time spent with the game to be about.

Easy is to unbalance the game in favor of story and exploration, Hard is to unbalance it in favor of combat, of course this is all within certain boundaries depending the game, but its basically about maximizing the focus on one set of gameplay features or the other.

The only point where I can agree that anything but hard is for the lazy ones, is when the game is designed like shit, and has artificial bs mechanics and rules that make it harder in unfair ways, which tends to not be enjoyable too. Thats why I dont play in Hard in 90% of modern games, if it was for me, I'd play everything in the hardest difficulty, but if its not well designed, its just a time waste, just like TW2 on Dark mode, where the only "challenge" is to roll twice as much time and wait for quen twice as much time as well.

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2015-02-02-the-witcher-3-laesst-euch-vieles-tun-aber-eislaufen-nope
in german and nothing new about the game, but some other interesting information: (they talked to lead quest designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewic)

- they planned to include ice-skating but it didn't make much sense in the context. The animations and controlling would have been very expensive and it didn't really work well.

- they wanted to include a main mission, in which Geralt infiltrated the Wild Hunt. We would have been amongst the Wild Hunt, but changes to the main story made this mission impossible

- more than 20% of the content was cut

- there were some huge bugs, but the biggest ones are fixed. A few months ago there was one bug, which crippled a whole range of quests without any prior warning

Then he talked a bit about the questdesign and the open world, but nothing new. He mentioned Fallout New Vegas as a positive example how to connect a story and quests with a big open world. He also mentions the Gothic games as a example for a good worlddesign without monster level scaling.
Asked about Dragon Age Inquisition, he answered that the game has too many fetch quests, but it's still a good game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom