Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
20% is subjective- As stated above things change or don't work out. What i'm more interested in knowing is how much core content was cut that were apart of the original vision and key features; revealed or other wise.

20% is subjective- As stated above things change or don't work out. What i'm more interested in knowing is how much core content was cut that were apart of the original vision and key features; revealed or other wise.
AFAIK Boat racing and VATS system was cut.

Very cool. His voice is rough (which is good for the character) but maybe a bit "dry". Some effects are always necessary and used, even a little bit of reverb can do miracles.. The only risk lies in overusing them :)

Attachments

• steveh.jpg
    steveh.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 35
Very cool. His voice is rough (which is good for the character) but maybe a bit "dry". Some effects are always necessary and used, even a little bit of reverb can do miracles.. The only risk lies in overusing them :)

I was actually surprised how his natural voice - without any effects - is suitable for Eredin without any alterations. I guess sounding "otherwordly" with your natural tone is no small feat :)

Has Steven been voicing Eredin this entire time? Even since the VGX Trailer?

He does have a wonderful natural voice, and I do think that if it is indeed Eredin talking during the Elder Blood Trailer, they're definitely going way too far with the depth & post-effects. I'm still personally a fan of the VGX version, but really all he needs on his natural voice is a small effect to give him a kind of "otherwordly" feel, but certainly not to the extent we heard recently.

Sad, sad news, those are. :cry: Thank you for sharing, though, Scryar.

Eh 20% is pretty standard in regards to development, especially on a game this large. Actually it's pretty standard in at least most forms of entertainment, look at any Peter Jackson movie, there's always at least 20 minutes of extra footage for his extended editions, and that's still probably not everything he could have put back in.

(Frankly I think Geralt "infiltrating" the Wild Hunt sounds utterly ridiculous, he's not Altair, glad that one was cut)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2993508/
There is another cool information on this site. Robert Stoneman, ex- Crytek's lead Cinematic designer is working on W3. He worked on Ryse and Homefront 2. Ryse cinematics are awesome!

Good find. He even mentions The Witcher 3 on his website

http://www.robertstoneman.com/about/

I am currently a Virtual Cinematographer working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - CD Projekt Red

Role: Senior Cinematic Artist

Implementing virtual cinematography & lighting into final cutscenes/trailers. Using motion builder for cameras & motion capture clean up.

Of course there is no game without bugs. That's the whole point of my post. Actually, in that regard, there was no difference between CDPR and other companies in the past. And W2 had indeed game breaking bugs, some of them aren't even fixed until today (QTE with Kayran, crash at the beginning of Flotsam,...). But yeah, CDPR solved most of these issues with updates and the Enhanced Editions. But other companies did the same so it's not quite right to call CDPR "unique" in that regard imo.

Never had those bugs.

1. The QTE with the Kayran can be turned off now in the settings
2. Never had a crash upon entering Flotsam

Exclusive video interview with 3 Hungarian colleagues of the Witcher3's Developer Team - Answers for the fan questions about the Witcher 3 in the CDPR

Hi all, hope you don't mind, I repost this once more with an update:

Hi all Witcher fan, I was lucky enough to make an exclusive video interview with 3 Hungarian colleagues of the Witcher3's Developer Team (& get answers for the fan questions about the Witcher 3), in the CD Projekt RED studio, Warsaw, Poland! :) (Recorded on 8th of January, 2015)
Themes: Making of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, also talking about the new gameplay features, the PC technology of Witcher 3 and MORE!
NOW WITH FULL ENGLISH SUBTITLE, ENJOY & THANKS FOR WATCHING! ;)

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzyZ9JBFThQ

UPDATE (UPDATE #4): ...FULL ENGLISH SUBTITLE, enjoy!^ :)

THANKS FOR WATCHING & SHARING WITH OTHER WITCHER FANS! :)
CHEERS,
HeyJoe (aka hedzsooo)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom