Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job by the ElderGeek crew, even with some minor errors here and there. Very cool videos.

I hope more people from the forum will start watching their content, been watching their content since 2011, and the channel deserves way more subscribers and views than they currently have.

"There's more attention on this kind of fantasy than ever before," says Iwinski. "And this brand of fantasy storytelling isn't simply black and white – as we've seen with Game of Thrones, important characters can and do die, and people enjoy that. I hope that we're raising the bar, here."

What's in the box, Iwiński? WHAT'S IN THE FUCKING BOX?

Last edited:

Hi all, hope you don't mind, I repost this once more with an update:

Hi all Witcher fan, I was lucky enough to make an exclusive video interview with 3 Hungarian colleagues of the Witcher3's Developer Team (& get answers for the fan questions about the Witcher 3), in the CD Projekt RED studio, Warsaw, Poland! :) (Recorded on 8th of January, 2015)
Themes: Making of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, also talking about the new gameplay features, the PC technology of Witcher 3 and MORE!
NOW WITH FULL ENGLISH SUBTITLE, ENJOY & THANKS FOR WATCHING! ;)

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzyZ9JBFThQ

UPDATE (UPDATE #4): ...FULL ENGLISH SUBTITLE, enjoy!^ :)

THANKS FOR WATCHING & SHARING WITH OTHER WITCHER FANS! :)
CHEERS,
HeyJoe (aka hedzsooo)

I'm awfully sorry but there's no chance in hell I'm letting this slide by without a comment.

Around the 52:06 mark, Balazs Torok, lead engine programmer, says:

(...) Let's talk about the video compression ...The trailer (Elder Blood) gave us a shock, as well. Because of the upload to YT, the whole record broke down in such a degree. But then we managed to correct it. So everyone who saw the ruined video and was disappointed should watch it again.

Peter Gelencser, Senior Level designer, then says:

Youtube is fantastic, so we don't criticise in that terms, and we don't say the whole thing is an unenjoyable mess. It's absolutely not true. It makes accessible our videos to everyone, and that's great, but the quality of the videos would have been presented better.

Lead engine programmer
follows up and concludes with :

No, it's not about even that. We've uploaded videos before, and didn't have problems with them. And now we uploaded one more record, but something happened woth it . the process, and it brought this result.

Now, this is the Elder Blood trailer, as it stands today in its properly encoded version on the official WItcher Youtube channel:

and this is VGX. Comapre, for example, fire FX in respective cutscenes.

It seems senior REDs are sticking to the official narrative that nah, it was all an encoding problem. Suffice to watch the new version to recognize that, no, not in a trillion years, not by any stretch of the imagination, not even by mistaking wishful thinking for a 12-pack of Red Bull would you think Elder Blood is on par with VGX and SoD iterations. I'm not sure what to make of this. On one hand we have Marcin's words which are indeed reassuring, on the other we have denial, the preposterous suggestion that it's been fine all along. Because if it were indeed fine all along, then that would mean similar grade scenes could be expected to make it to the finished game.

Hell, no.

Last edited:
Well the VGX trailer also seems to be pre rendered or ingame cutscenes. Since I doubt we get the animations ingame with the king of the wild hunt turning his head slowly, kicking a peasant down and then sticking him with the sword and Geralt walking towards the burning village.

And you can clearly see that some kind of Hairworks is activated on the peasants coat. Which we have see no other gameplay of, not even on the press event. So hold off on your judgement till we have seen the final game on pc on ultra.

I hope they're not going too much for the "GoT feel" in terms of killing off major characters for shock value.
I can of course deal with people biting the dust, but there are still certain characters' deaths that would upset me. I think there's a good chance Vesemir is going down, but I'd be more upset if they began killing off the few other witchers. Best thing imo would be if it's like in 1 and 2 where a lot of people's lives depend on your decisions,

I didn't. I feel ashamed now ;-(

No worrys, you might be to young.
Watch "SE7EN" if you dare and you re old enough.
Then you ll understand this

reference.

For the lazy gurls n boys ... here is the spoiler.

PS: sorry for the OT but all "new" interviews are already posted XD it seems hehehehe

Last edited:
Hmm.. so Dark Difficulty is now "insanity"? Or is it like a certain other game where dying in the epilogue determines which ending you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom