Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stance on this type of thing is the world doesn't revolve around a singular person so it really bugs me when people do things that effect everyone. If you don't like something move along.
The only time i think it is needed, is if what others do gets up in your grill to the point you can't avoid it. like smoking in public buildings used to do.

I'm surprised everything isn't rainbows and unicorns these days.
I agree, it's only okay for one person to affect/influence the whole, but only if it is beneficial and healthy for us all. Individuals more like our Sun in moderation, not some wannabe with unattainable opinions of a world view of sunshine, and peace 24/7.
I'm off topic, sorry.. we can't fix stupid, some are always going to try to pretend and emulate our Sun in some jealous way, for better or for worse. It's understandable tho, because most humans, plants and animals need the sun to survive and grow. Just not 24/7 here on Earth, Duh..it's a part of our life force to live as we do, but the only one that needs to be all burning and shining and shit like that, is our Sun its self, because it can handle it. We on Earth can't, unless you are like some walking volcano man! Whoa.. I think I just had a conversation with the Sun, and now I know what stupid must feel like. Wow I'm outta here.. lol.. Damn I love our Sun!
Anyways..TW3 looks cool bye! lol..
:)

Last edited:
I really do not get the hate sex gets especially in the gaming community. Sex is a beautiful thing. It is the the ultimate and purest act, when people love one another.
What is wrong with the naked human body ? Nothing. We are born naked. Being naked is the natural state of existence, and no matter how much we try to ignore it it is the reality. We have to learn to appreciate the beauty of our nature, and we have to accept the animal side to our being.
Human body is beautiful no matter what your gender is. I am a heterosexual male. I am only attracted to women sexually, but I appreciate the beauty of both sexes.
Appreciate the true beauty, and ignore the insecure haters.

I really do not get the hate sex gets especially in the gaming community. Sex is a beautiful thing. It is the the ultimate and purest act, when people love one another.
What is wrong with the naked human body ? Nothing. We are born naked. Being naked is the natural state of existence, and no matter how much we try to ignore it it is the reality. We have to learn to appreciate the beauty of our nature, and we have to accept the animal side to our being.
Human body is beautiful no matter what your gender is. I am a heterosexual male. I am only attracted to women sexually, but I appreciate the beauty of both sexes.
Appreciate the true beauty, and ignore the insecure haters.

Yep, I agree 100%

I get how, for a person with a not matching sexual orientation it would feel uncomfortable to "be forced" to watch a sex scene, in front of other strangers (this simple gedankenexperiment can be done by everybody). However the author fails to realize the underlying (not saying only) reason for the scene.

I still feel awkward sitting in the cinema with my Ma when such comes on, but only in that circumstance, never when sitting with any other company friend or stranger, and such is absolutely no reason to bash the film with, almost every film these days contains the like of it, have you ever seen a film critic make an issue of it?

But the guy makes it out as if the experience is an aberration, an uncommon occurrence in our lives, and not something we all have to deal with daily. This seeming lack of journalistic critical faculties that can link such a gaming event with its related TV & cinema experiences combines with the obviously desperate and clearly ideological attempts to find something to complain about resulting in the complete evaporation of the illusion of "journalism".

Witcher fanbase is well know for its passion and that guarantees a lot of clicks once such articles start to pop up in the future.

A redpoint-like clickbait counter would be handy. It would save many of us pain & reduce the profit of such sites if there was an indicator for forumites to simply pass on a "don't waste your time with this, I did, and regretted it" message.

Wouldn't want to stop the sharing, or even stop people kicking over the trash for fun, but heres a suggestion I'm going to follow myself: copy & paste to here the stuff that doesn't deserve clicks so we can disassemble it as entirely appropriate, and only link the stuff that does deserve our traffic.

The MALE picture is bigger than the woman's. Such social injustice...

Especially if it's Zyzz, rip Zyzz <3

Seriously though, maybe i'm just particularly weak to this kind of thing but if i was a developer working on the game (even if my job was unrelated to writing the story) i'd feel pretty down after reading this kind of drivel. So i hope no one in the studio takes it seriously.

Why should CDPR feel down because of some "journalists" who do not even have journalism degrees who already think that the Witcher series is sexist and misogynistic without even doing proper research or playing the games or reading the damn books like a proper journalist would? These "journalists" should be ignored and like many people said on this thread, only the proper ones should be linked here.

Why should CDPR feel down because of some "journalists" who do not even have journalism degrees who already think that the Witcher series is sexist and misogynistic without even doing proper research or playing the games or reading the damn books like a proper journalist would?
Exactly....Just look at this:
Perhaps naively, I had hopes that this game would have a more mature outlook. Those hopes were quashed, however, when the game opens in a classic Witcher tradition of offering up a naked woman for the (assumedly straight male) viewer in the first few minutes of the game. This scene would have made me uncomfortable if I was playing alone, so I was even more embarrassed by being surrounded by many other people,
How old is he? 8? In that case he should stay far away from Witcher games...
But I do not think he feels uncomfortable...He is just "victimizing" himself in order to prove a point about sexism, objectifying and whatnot...

Last edited:
I'm very concerned that with almost 4 months till the release and all these "hands on" impressions/articles/leaks etc we're gonna be exposed to so much spoilers -.-

It will only be your own fault if you read spoilers, keep that in mind, being "exposed" is not the same as being forced to read impressions or articles or reading leaks :p

I find it incredibly frustrating that not a single preview mentions the journal or how detailed it is. I really want it to be as detailed as the journal in W1.

It's not any MALE picture, you heathen:) It's Zyzz, the GOD of AESTHETICS.
In my defense Zyzz is 6'3 and 200 lbs, so it might be kind of proportional based on their actual sizes in real life.
He was a big guy as demonstrated below:

Dude died from a heart attack while butt-naked in a Thai sauna. Not the best person to have as a rolemodel, I would say.

Ahem, is any of this on-topic, really? We have a wonderful "Hairy Bear" thread for random discussions, I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom