Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue why people are still talking about the 85%. That's just a guessed number without any value.
This is how it looks in the magazine.

They also guessed the completion of other games like Batman Arkham Knight and Uncharted based on trailers and other information, without knowing anything about how finished these games are. The 85% are bullshit.

EVERY game previewed by that magazine have the same % mark. Even game with release date in 2016... It's bullshit, nothing more...

In last Score (Czech pc games magazine) they said it's 90%. If the game would be released in March, I think it would be 95%. You can't take these numbers serious. The closer to release date the more % done.

I'll just continue to be more and more disappointed at Witcher Senses and their apparent hand-holding nature, as well as the rigid scripted-ness of their implementation.

Sounds great art wise but zero fun and gameplay, so I hope they dont use them a lot.

:rly?:

I'm not so sure about judging an entire feature of a game before we've... played it in-game... in a majority of the scenarios the feature is used in...

Especially when we've only seen it used in two scenarios (35min demo) and only read/heard about it being used in one or two other scenarios (press hands-on tutorial and Skellige quest)...

I mean, it's a one-hundred-hour game. Four scenarios in that is almost 1%. So we're literally judging the entire feature's usage based on 1% of its usage, half of which we didn't even see with our own eyes.

Anyways that's your prerogative and this isn't the thread to discuss this, so... meh.

:rly?:

I'm not so sure about judging an entire feature of a game before we've... played it in-game... in a majority of the scenarios the feature is used in...

Especially when we've only seen it used in two scenarios (35min demo) and only read/heard about it being used in one or two other scenarios (press hands-on tutorial and Skellige quest)...

I mean, it's a one-hundred-hour game. Four scenarios in that is almost 1%. So we're literally judging the entire feature's usage based on 1% of its usage, half of which we didn't even see with our own eyes.

Anyways that's your prerogative and this isn't the thread to discuss this, so... meh.

Thats why I said "apparent", I'm probably one of the most cautious people in this forum lol, I even waited long before bashing the auto-refill system when it was announced, just because we didnt have enough context.
Im judging what we know or can perceive thus far, so literally not the entire feature at all, we also saw WS in the xbox one demo also, and in the leaked gameplay video.

Again I hope they dont use WS a lot if its always like we've been hearing it is.

Last edited:
I am heavily against "dumb" mode but as long as I won´t be forced into it it is ok. I am prepared to survive some wandering caused by not using it and I guess it will be more rewarding to solve investigations like that too. If the game will be like "to investigate it press magical button and game will tell you how to continue" it will suck. I mean Thief had it optional and it worked.

they said the game was finish only polish thing to do on the last month so i would give the credit to the devs than a magazine

Last edited:
Thats why I said "apparent", I'm probably one of the most cautious people in this forum lol, I even waited long before bashing the auto-refill system when it was announced, just because we didnt have enough context.
Im judging what we know or can perceive thus far, so literally not the entire feature at all, we also saw WS in the xbox one demo also, and in the leaked gameplay video.

Again I hope they dont use WS a lot if its always like we've been hearing it is.

Ah alright that's something I can understand; I suppose it's usually better to keep the hype under control instead of setting yourself up for disappointment anyway. I hope WS doesn't disappoint us then!

I think WS will be a mix between Batman & TombRaider, but better because it's TW3 and CDPR kicks ass.
I think it will be fun, and I'm still really looking forward to it. ;)

This link below is Japanese official site for TW3 published by Spike-Chunsoft.
I assume there is some new information about side-quest of monster hunting.

According to this page, you'll get ''requests for the witcher'' from a board or a person (yes, this is already known). But also you can negotiate with a client and decide about a reward amount. Since it's different of upper level that each client is able to pay, if you demand a reward too excessive, some client will be pissed off.
After eliminating the monster, you get back to your client to earn a reward. Mostly, they pay the price as promised, though in some occasion, like you killed the wrong monster to be offered, you might be into money trouble.
You don't need to accept an offer to achieve the quest of monster hunt. You get rid of the monster first, then you can get the reward later. But running into Royal Griffin in the forest without preparation, you would be already dead.

I'm not sure this is new. if already posted, sorry about that.

Nice piece of information! I already knew we would be able to negotiate prices, but not to that extent. Thanks!

This link below is Japanese official site for TW3 published by Spike-Chunsoft.
I assume there is some new information about side-quest of monster hunting.

According to this page, you'll get ''requests for the witcher'' from a board or a person (yes, this is already known). But also you can negotiate with a client and decide about a reward amount. Since it's different of upper level that each client is able to pay, if you demand a reward too excessive, some client will be pissed off.
After eliminating the monster, you get back to your client to earn a reward. Mostly, they pay the price as promised, though in some occasion, like you killed the wrong monster to be offered, you might be into money trouble.
You don't need to accept an offer to achieve the quest of monster hunt. You get rid of the monster first, then you can get the reward later. But running into Royal Griffin in the forest without preparation, you would be already dead.

I'm not sure this is new. if already posted, sorry about that.

Nice site but is there a english version?

Can someone say when news from GDC will be released? Todays evening or later? Damien Monnier told something about presentation.

When they keep talking about the whole preparation being important all the damn time, I really don't hope that that and high level monsters in general are going to restrict you too much. Like if you don't happen to have the potion/bomb that makes you 200% more effective against the monster, sort of like the werewolf in the demo, or if you suddenly stumble upon level 40 wolves or something.
IE. I'm glad it sounds like we can prepare a lot for battles, but I don't hope it gets too "game-y" and the game kicks you in the balls if you don't follow the rules of engagement to the letter.

When they keep talking about the whole preparation being important all the damn time, I really don't hope that that and high level monsters in general are going to restrict you too much. Like if you don't happen to have the potion/bomb that makes you 200% more effective against the monster, sort of like the werewolf in the demo, or if you suddenly stumble upon level 40 wolves or something.
IE. I'm glad it sounds like we can prepare a lot for battles, but I don't hope it gets too "game-y" and the game kicks you in the balls if you don't follow the rules of engagement to the letter.

Kind of sounds like that's how the game is going to be, which can be good but I see how it can become frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom