Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
At around 03:30, in response to a question about they had some "grand plan" story-wise, they say that in TW2 you could occasionally see this weird, comet-like streak in the sky that was meant to be the Wild Hunt. Forgot about that.
Wow, for real? Because I had that thought! On one of my playthroughs, in Act Three I looked up to the sky, and I saw that the 'comet' was pretty close. Then I imagined "What if the Wild Hunt is up there?" and that thought kinda terrified me. It's great if that is actually the case.

Last edited:
Wow, for real? Because I had that thought! On one of my playthroughs, in Act Three I looked up to the sky, and I saw that the 'comet' was pretty close. Then I imagined "What if the Wild Hunt is up there?" and that thought kinda terrified me. It's great that that is actually the case.

I don't think Jonas is saying that the streak is the Wild Hunt riders. He uses the word "impending" and i'm pretty sure he means that the comet is an omen of upcoming hardship and/or war wich is of course connected with Wild Hunt.

I always thought the one in Act 2 is "foretelling" the battle for Vergen, while the one in Act 3 the war with Nilfgaard.

The fact that they didn't have anythyng to say about the mod tools other than it's a "future possibility" is actually a major concern for me. RED kit for TW2 was released two years after the game and based on how many mods were made using it, I can safely say that literally nobody cared at that point. Looks like TW3 will get similar treatment or they just won't bother at all :/

Did they really say that? I could've sworn they confirmed that the redkit would be available again for 3, but that was a while ago so I guess we shouldn't be too surprised if they changed their minds about it.

About the horse, they said Roach cannot die, but can you change him? like buy faster horse, different color or something like that? It would be pretty good, because Geralt changed many horses, but calls Roach everyone of them. It crossed my mind when I saw screenshot of Geralt on a white horse looking at griffin, in most of the gameplays Geralt had brown horse.

About the horse, they said Roach cannot die, but can you change him? like buy faster horse, different color or something like that? It would be pretty good, because Geralt changed many horses, but calls Roach everyone of them. It crossed my mind when I saw screenshot of Geralt on a white horse looking at griffin, in most of the gameplays Geralt had brown horse.

I remember they said that at first you must take control of other horses using sign. But i dont remember where i read it?

[video]https://youtu.be/uzHTz2GZOq8?t=27m2s[/video]

Skip to 36.15 and then you get this:
Apparently the game looks like it was meant for Xbox 360.... Other then that they are positive.
(I know no interview, but they discuss it.)

I doubt they were running the game on high settings, but he says a number of people went away scratching their heads about the visuals. Everything else he says is very encouraging.

[video]https://youtu.be/uzHTz2GZOq8?t=27m2s[/video]

Skip to 36.15 and then you get this:
Apparently the game looks like it was meant for Xbox 360.... Other then that they are positive.
(I know no interview, but they discuss it.)
Oh come on, it's got to look better than TW2 on xb360.
That's crap ;)

Did he play on a PC, though?

Yeah, I think so. This is interesting, because if the demo was 2 months old than it probably was the same as the january press-event demo. The comparison to X360 version was maybe too much, but several people who actually played the game thought it didnt look very good from graphics standpoint.

But he really liked the game, even when hes not really fond of RPGs in general, which speaks for itself. This whole graphics "downgrade" thing is really strange...

Hmm this is the very first time I heard the game didnt look good in the graphics department, and I've heard read almost every single article and interview. since the 2013 reveal.

Worst thing I heard is that in consoles it looks ok, and that it didnt look as good as SOD but still great (some E3 impressions)

I don't know what he played on, he said that he had to press X to skip a cutscene. So my guess is, since he brought up the Xbox 360 and not the ps3, he played on Xbox one.

Im pretty surprised he didnt mention graphics settings or platform. To me its extremely likely he played in Xbox one according to how big the difference seems to be from trailers as he said. In the PC gameplay vids you can compare to SOD and its obviously the same game, sure some scenes might not be demonstrated exactly the same, but overall you can tell its the same thing more or less, so it has to be xbone.

However the x360 version should probably be taken with a grain of salt, anyone that understands the technical features of TW3 a bit instantly knows that game is not a last generation game, and it could not even run there.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Xbox. Seems that MS had a lot to say in their American hands ons.

A bit surprised by his lukewarm reaction to the graphics, when compared to the other previews, all of which that I can remember have praised the visuals. Not that I mind, I think it's healthy when the excitement is occasionally cooled down (not that excitement about graphics needs cooling down lately, but you get my meaning), just that it seems inconsistent with other articles. Oh well, we'll see. Sure, it can be this or that reason about settings or platforms, but as a general rule of thumb I try not to speculate about how a game may end up better, since I think that's a sure path to over-inflated expectations (it's why I don't put much stock in the "this isn't even my final-ultra form" thing, I'm not expecting it to change much beyond small things here and there).

Anyway, caution aside, he seems really excited about the game. He loved the combat (which is encouraging to me), and said that even as a not-RPG-fan he got hooked, and that the need to find Ciri felt convincing, even if he had no prior knowledge of the franchise. Most previews are filled with compliments about almost every aspect of the game, it's fun to read. Biggest wildcard at the moment is visuals. To be continued in April-May!

I think he meant Yennefer, he only played one hour of the prologue, aside from this I agree with you.
Ah, yeah, maybe you're right. More attentive than me. In my defense I was listening to it absentmindedly in the background while I was doing something els--- alright, alright, I'll stop with excuses.

Oh, another thing he said that was at odds with the other previews is that he didn't like the opening scene with Yen and Geralt. I remember many saying in some way or another that it was charming, and he seemed to find it... I dunno, corny? I'm not too bothered because when he specifies he talks about how it ended, with Geralt telling her "I'll be back for you" and Yen saying she'll be ready, or something like that. Sounds awkward when you write it down, but it's one of those things that I think I'll like once I see them actually on screen, with the proper voice acting and animations.

Last edited:
A bit surprised by his lukewarm reaction to the graphics, when compared to the other previews, all of which that I can remember have praised the visuals. Not that I mind, I think it's healthy when the excitement is occasionally cooled down (not that excitement about graphics needs cooling down lately, but you get my meaning), just that it seems inconsistent with other articles. Oh well, we'll see. Sure, it can be this or that reason about settings or platforms, but as a general rule of thumb I try not to speculate about how a game may end up better, since I think that's a sure path to over-inflated expectations (it's why I don't put much stock in the "this isn't even my final-ultra form" thing, I'm not expecting it to change much beyond small things here and there).

Anyway, caution aside, he seems really excited about the game. He loved the combat (which is encouraging to me), and said that even as a not-RPG-fan he got hooked, and that the need to find Ciri felt convincing, even if he had no prior knowledge of the franchise. Most previews are filled with compliments about almost every aspect of the game, it's fun to read. Biggest wildcard at the moment is visuals. To be continued in April-May!

Im surprised by that too, especially to the degree of saying it could be a 360 game. I wonder how much of a factor expectation plays into it, he says he went in expecting it would be the "best looking game ever".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom