Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It stems from the confusion of one hands on player from January, he thought it was Ultra but it turned out to be High settings which he later discovered.

Phew, that's good then :p

Of course graphics aren't everything but I want this game to be perfect in every aspect!

When you download the free Beard and Hairstyle DLC the growth of the beard will stop because we decided that when players want a predefined look, it would be weird to require from them to reapply it time after time.

What about if we want to change it back to dynamic beard ?
(even though i'll probably won't want to change it back, but i'm asking just for the sake of asking or if someone wants)

What about if we want to change it back to dynamic beard ?
(even though i'll probably won't want to change it back, but i'm asking just for the sake of asking or if someone wants)

I imagine you toggle the DLC off and on in the options menu or something.

Oh damn, I didn't realize the DLC was going to do that :( Fuck the DLC then, I want my Geralt growing that beard in real-time, always.

Pretty sure it looks like the base game will have all the Hairstyles from TW2 anyway, so I couldn't even really give a shit about any other styles.

I sympathize with your, brothers. As long as I have the Rivian Ponytail and some facial hair I'll be satisfied. Won't use the DLC.

Just give me this look, that's all I need:

Still regarding the hairstyles and beards, i hope we get some sort of preview this time around because i had to alt tab when picking one in the Witcher 2 :X

Is the function to grow the beard turned off completely? Or just when you use a hair/beardstyle from the DLC?

Is the function to grow the beard turned off completely? Or just when you use a hair/beardstyle from the DLC?

Only when you select one from the DLC, because Devs thought that players would want that specific beard for a reason and so players don't have to keep changing to the beard they picked every time.

Well it says, "Geralt's beard growth stops when you apply Witcher 3's free Beard and Hairstyle DLC", so I took that to imply that as soon as you install/activate the DLC then the hair growth will stop - but perhaps it might be just when you select those specific hair styles.
The latter would be much preferable, but evidence there in the wording points to the former.

Last edited:
New Witcher 3 details: Ciri, cities, real-time beard growth

No Man's Land features 25 smaller towns, some of which are the size of Flotsam from The Witcher 2.

•The game features two really big cities: Novigrad and Oxenfurt, both very lively.
•passages with Ciri are like a linear action-adventure, not like a RPG, plays differently and more action-fueled than Geralt's passages (no inventory, no skill tree, depending on the scene Ciri has certain skills)
•Ciri sequences will be (in total) 5-10h
•Many small details such as Roach stopping to eat apples from a basket
•All equipped items are visible in-game on Geralt
•best items in game must be crafted

•mutagens can be very powerful, like 40% damage enhancer for signs
•fist fighting is without QTEs now, it's just like normal fighting with hard and fast strikes and such

•there are horseraces similar to RDR, biggest focus on stamina management during races, you can even buy better saddles for horseraces

•Geralts beard will grow. You have to go to a barber after a few days
•The HUD is fully customizable. Icons and quest markers on the map can also be deactivated. Audiovisual hints (e.g. people screaming for help) will be present if you wish to do so.
•Fluid gameplay on 1080p with everything on maximum +nvidia hairworks on GTX 980
•game loading time is extremely short on the high-end PC
•Ultra settings are impressive, especially the rich vegetation and character models; there can be scenes where difference between high and ultra won't be that noticeable; lighting is impressive: for instance evening light falling on vast flower fields of a parfum-maker
•there was indeed no slider or adjustment option for the draw distance/LOD
•They encountered very few bugs, no crashes of freezes.

Sounds fair eneough check it out here :)
http://www.pcgamer.com/new-witcher-3-details-ciri-cities-real-time-beard-growth/

There is nothing really new there, since basically this article consists of impressions from the yesterday's event in Moscow, which was very similar to the preview events which happened in January, i.e. the reporter was allowed to play the game for several hours in prologue and then in Skellige. I've listed the few new bits here. There are also some new minor spoilers, which you can find here.

---------- Updated at 03:43 PM ----------

Another Russian preview. Again, nothing really new.
A few quotes:
"Soon Dragon Age: Inquisition will only be remembered as a bad dream, even by those who liked it",
"In the 3+ hours of my playtime I haven't encountered a single shallow "fetch" quest",
"Witcher's engine is very scalable, so we'll see it in its full beauty only in the future, when the hardware catches up, like with the original Crysis".

Everything you need to know about the witcher 3

Hello Everyone, I'm brand new to The Witcher Forums, but some of you may know me from Twitter as PSN Updates... Probably not though, so chances are you have never saw my Article about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt i will Continue to Update The Article As Much as possible so please keep checking in on the Article, i hope you all enjoy it and maybe you'll learn new info :)http://psnuarmy.com/everything-we-need-to-know-about-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-ps4/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom