Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Thanks to Reddit I found out that tomorrow on the spanish site Meristation there is going to be a interview with Damien Monnier and Jose Texeira with questions from the people.. this could be interesting - 04/26/2015 18:00 GMT +1
http://www.meristation.com/pc/notic...on-cd-projekt/1836154/2051444#comment-wrapper

I did post it in reddit, will edit the date, damn me.

Alright I will translate tomorrow if needed, but looking at those questions I wouldnt get hyped for anything new coming

I will be translating it too but it will probably be in english mostly. And if anyone want a question asked just tell me.

You mean tomorrow, don't you? Anyway, an interview with José is always good news, thanks for sharing!

Ha.. yeah, sorry about that.. at first I was like, "did I wrote something wrong?" :D.. took me a moment to realized that the date was wrong.. but yes, tomorrow it is :)

Can somebody translate this review, please ? Is there anything new ? I saw the word "downgrade" and I became a little bit concerned. :(

They played january build on high, so yeah nothing new. We need wait for new previews. Probably next week.

http://www.rpgfrance.com/dossier-10388-1-preview-the-witcher-iii-traque-sauvage

This actually has some very interesting information.

Im using google translate so I might be talking bs, but it says that to the journalists the graphics were downgraded or simply dont look that good as the old version (playing high in PC i assume since M/K wasnt there to try, unlike in Gamestar's)

But the best part so far is, there are up to 7 ingredients we can combine to use potions, and some potions still have to be drank before combat, during meditation, in order to activate their effects later, so thats still in apparently

No animations for consumables.

To one of the journalists, TW1 and TW2 were badly written, not mature at all, and lacked subtlety, however TW3 has improved greatly in this department and he got surprised.

Secondary and tertiary characters have some surprisingly bad facial animations.

Monster hunting felt repetitive, especially with Witcher Senses, and it was already getting tiresome/not good in just 3 hours and half of gameplay.

NPCs were less reactive than what the guy expected, he said he was stealing and threatening people with the swords and they didnt do anything, it was disappointing.

Other than that pretty much everything was positive and similar to what other sites say in general.

http://www.rpgfrance.com/dossier-10388-1-preview-the-witcher-iii-traque-sauvage

This actually has some very interesting information.

Im using google translate so I might be talking bs, but it says that to the journalists the graphics were downgraded or simply dont look that good as the old version (playing high in PC i assume since M/K wasnt there to try, unlike in Gamestar's)

But the best part so far is, there are up to 7 ingredients we can combine to use potions, and some potions still have to be drank before combat, during meditation, in order to activate their effects later, so thats still in apparently

No animations for consumables.

To one of the journalists, TW1 and TW2 were badly written, not mature at all, and lacked subtlety, however TW3 has improved greatly in this department and he got surprised.

Secondary and tertiary characters have some surprisingly bad facial animations.

Monster hunting felt repetitive, especially with Witcher Senses, and it was already getting tiresome/not good in just 3 hours and half of gameplay.

NPCs were less reactive than what the guy expected, he said he was stealing and threatening people with the swords and they didnt do anything, it was disappointing.

Other than that pretty much everything was positive and similar to what other sites say in general.

It's kind of complately opposite to Gamestar review, so I believe the review indeed comes from January biuld, as the Russian one. I don't excatly know why both of them were delayed.

Last edited:

I only skimmed through this with Google Translate because because it didn't do such a good job, and from that brief glance it seems these guys were harder to impress. It was still positive overall, but far from gushing with praise about every aspect, so I'm curious to read a proper translation.

These are self-explanatory:

Nous avons eu entre les mains un build datant de la mi-janvier, et, même si la release est encore loin – l'équilibrage restant à faire –, un constat s'impose : The Witcher 3, comme tant d'autres, est downgradé.

They'er asserting TW3 has been downgraded.

Rassurez-vous, The Witcher 3 est beau, mais que ce soit au niveau des effets de lumière, de la distance d'affichage ou de la finesse des textures : il est dur de croire que le résultat promis sera atteint-

Concerns about lighting, draw distance and texture quality.

Plus inquiétant, le framerate est pour le moment instable et les crashs bien trop courants.

Unstable frame rate and frequent crashes (January build).

By far the coldest reception TW3 has had among the Press regarding technical aspects.
Remains to be seen.

It's kind of complately opposite to Gamestar review, so I believe the review indeed comes from January biuld, as the Russian one. I don't excatly know why both of them were delayed.

The gamestar one sounded pretty exclusive and special. This and other articles from the january demo appearing are result of the prepared hands on impressions that simply have to "travel" around countries before we get them.

Poland, UK, and USA were the first I believe, now people from other places are at other events having the same chances to try that version.

Thanks Blue, but the parts that interested me were about combat, witcher senses and quests. Repetition was a word used there in Google Translate, but I still struggled to make sense out of most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom