Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is up with that world size. In interviews during E3 35, 45 and now 65 times has been mentioned and several statements regarding miles too.

WTF is up with that world size. In interviews during E3 35, 45 and now 65 times has been mentioned and several statements regarding miles too.

Probably since game is still work in progress and they are big team not all of them are up to date when it comes to world size or even know it and I guess it changes all the time.Plus we should define world size.Does it also include water and underwater etc ?

Probably since game is still work in progress and they are big team not all of them are up to date when it comes to world size or even know it and I guess it changes all the time.Plus we should define world size.Does it also include water and underwater etc ?

I realise that but 35 to 65 is quite the jump and although it is not the most important thing by far it would be welcome to know just how big that lovely world is.
Someone in the team must have a global view of the size of the game that is up to date.

I realise that but 35 to 65 is quite the jump and although it is not the most important thing by far it would be welcome to know just how big that lovely world is.
Someone in the team must have a global view of the size of the game that is up to date.

Yes jump is huge almost like they doubled the world size.Let's hope that down the line in coming months we will get final confirmation on world size.

Yes jump is huge almost like they doubled the world size.Let's hope that down the line in coming months we will get final confirmation on world size.
That 65 was certainly a mistake, I'm pretty sure he was about say the same '35 times bigger' stuff we've been told a million times now.

Did he just confirm that there won't be real ending (which means Geralt survives) but instead there will be just different world states (36 of them) ?
What do you mean? (The 36 ending states is - by no means - news at this point.) There will be 3 majorly different epilogues (a.k.a. endings) in the game.

Nothing really new:

- 2 different cameras - one more distant and cinematic, and a closer, more "personal" one - I still hope we will be able to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel.
- confirmed again that horses will also function as inventory, which makes me wonder even more why the objects take up so little space.
- upgradable horses (sort of) - I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, the size of the saddle bag maybe? ('cause we won't have the same horse throughout the game as we know it)

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

The guy editing the video really should have balanced the audio levels better at the start...

Indeed.
Good, short and to the point interview though.

Yeah, I understand he's talking about upgrade the capacity of the inventory through upgrading the horse's saddle bags. I like it.

It's a great idea. It makes perfect sense and renders horses even more useful.
All we're missing now is a properly sized inventory, one that does not defeat the whole purpose of horses as inventory.

Last edited:
Did he just confirm that there won't be real ending (which means Geralt survives) but instead there will be just different world states (36 of them) ?

I think he means that the world doesn't end. The game is over but the world 'continue's' on. But let's wait for comfirmation if we can continue playing after the ending.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...rticles-on-TW3?p=805488&viewfull=1#post805488

KM - Can we do something else with horse, not just riding on it. Talk or feed maybe?
MP - Yes, horse have characteristics which you can increase, and you can train your horse in journey. You can saddle wild horse with axii, but she runs away after you get down. Geralt will talk with Roach, just like in "52 and half" trailer.

So, if we will increase horse's characteristics, we will get more slots in its inventory?

- upgradable horses (sort of) - I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean, the size of the saddle bag maybe? ('cause we won't have the same horse throughout the game as we know it)

You might already know, but I remember from an article months ago mentioning that horses will have stats which you can increase. It didn't mention what stats specifically, but I would assume things like speed, stamina, jumping distance, health, etc.

Speed and stamina make a lot of sense for races, health makes sense for combat, and for jumping distance I bet there will be hidden areas that you can only access by leaping across a large gap on horseback, and so you would have to sufficiently upgrade your horse's jumping ability to reach certain secret areas. I'm just speculating, of course, but I think that would be a cool idea.

Wow, that was a great piece. Proper questions and proper answers. That how interviews should be done!

What an amazing interview, it has hyped me more than some of the trailers have and makes me want to buy an absurdly expensive pc just to max the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom