Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but why compare it to a mediocre game?
because it was popular and that's how a lot of casual gamers(not supposed to be derogatory) were introduced to RPGs(grumble grumble), a game where they had a lot of freedom to explore instead of the usual linear, on-the-rails shooting etc.

I will refrain from making comments about that game.

Yes but internet is full of this comparison, even when it's not requested. I've not played Skyrim but this "TheWitcher 3 - Skyrim" got pretty annoying, at least for me. And knowing internet when the game will be out this will be only gasoline on a flame war:
"But it's not like Skyrim! I wanted Skyrim!"
And CDPR stopped talking about comparison since Eurogamer EXPO 2013, when they said the famous knee joke (I remember a topic when this simple line got a bit out of hand without reason)
It seems that "map bigger than Skyrim" is "TW3 will be better than Skyrim" and can't be treated as separate games.
This is what I fear, that our beloved Witcher will fall to the shadow of that game. I really hope not.

Last edited:
because it was popular and that's how a lot of casual gamers were introduced to RPGs(grumble grumble), a game where they had a lot of freedom to explore instead of the usual linear, on-the-rails shooting etc.
Well, it's good that with Skyrim people were introduced to RPGs, discovering a new genre.

This is what I fear, that our beloved Witcher will fall to the shadow of that game. I really hope not

Well, it's good that with Skyrim people were introduced to RPGs, discovering a new genre.
I find it hard to call skyrim good or a proper RPG that's why I don't think it was that good an idea, because your usual RPGs and Skyrim in particular ehh... not really the same thing.

Opinion obviously...
I shudder to think in a few years people will consider it a "classic".

I find it hard to call skyrim good or a proper RPG that's why I don't think it was that good an idea, because your usual RPGs and Skyrim in particular ehh... not really the same thing.

Opinion obviously...
Too bad I've not played it yet, I can't answer properly. But I meant I was happy that more people got into the genre, and now that they are I assume they will find their way through other games for sure.

Opinion obviously...

Yeah that one in particular is a funny thing. Each new generation sees the previous Elder Scrolls game as a classic and it has been that way for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Mind you, I am not saying that they are bad games, just that some aspects of it are horrible like story and quest design.

how do "we" know ciri will appear? cdpr never said a word about her

The first artwork revealed is pretty self-explanatory. Or do you have any doubts about the identity of the female rider? About how intentionally you can't see her face under the hood, yet you can clearly see her hair and the silver sword strapped to the saddle? Fans would tear them apart if she wouldn't be there.

View attachment 2940

Attachments

• witcher_3-1.jpg
    witcher_3-1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Just to give an example regarding my comment about the Namco Bandai event:

«The Witcher 3 : nos impressions et beaucoup de frustration»
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/42519-the-witcher-3-nos-impressions-et-beaucoup-de-frustration

For those who can't read French nor google translate the title reads
«The Witcher 3: our impressions and a lot of frustration»

A new article on TW3 has also appeared on redbull
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331646865514/the-witcher-3-next-gen-skyrim-arrives

No comments.

What is the frustration all about?:(

Why is Frodo so important to LOTR fans?

Thanks for this. I was wondering how to put it, as I gathered Thaler didn't read the books. Sure the whole saga is about Geralt, but it almost seems like Sapkowski himself found Ciri more enjoyable to write about, in the end. The fourth book is a masterpiece, heavily oriented on Ciri, the composition of the story lines is just brilliant.

The frustration was over the form in which the information was presented. The writer wanted a demo; all that was offered was a detailed and somewhat technical discussion of the VGX trailer, covering subjects like advances in lighting.

Jupiter_on_Mars

The frustration was over the form in which the information was presented. The writer wanted a demo; all that was offered was a detailed and somewhat technical discussion of the VGX trailer, covering subjects like advances in lighting.

Just to be accurate, the reviewer concludes with the following:

C'est certain, il y a de quoi se sentir très déçu alors que la présentation de The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt, dernier volet de la trilogie The Witcher, ne proposait que de décortiquer une bande-annonce que l'on connaissait déjà

Additionally, this is the second article expressing frustration at the whole TW3 presentation during the Namco Bandai Berlim event. And who can blame them?

Haha.. Thanks you guys.
Yeah, this is nothing new .
Because I first thought they played a demo and it was to hard for them.
So what is with all the skyrim crap?
That game blows for the most part,
the only things I liked was the option to turn off the hud. I liked loot system and map, and being able to program and map your own controls.
IMO the rest was kinda poop realy, my gawd the horse looked so stupid and the way my avatar walked was dumb too.
Everywhere and everyone looked and sounded the same. The art style sucked and all the pop ups and boring combat just killed it for me.
BACK TO TOPIC------> TW3 WILL OWN SKYRIM IN EVERY WAY & THEN SOME;)

In the novels, the source material, she was the most important character after geralt. Furthermore she is central to the storyline about the Wild Hunt.

Haha.. Thanks you guys.
Yeah, this is nothing new .
Because I first thought they played a demo and it was to hard for them.
So what is with all the skyrim crap?
That game blows for the most part,
the only things I liked was the option to turn off the hud. I liked loot system and map, and being able to program and map your own controls.
IMO the rest was kinda poop realy, my gawd the horse looked so stupid and the way my avatar walked was dumb too.
Everywhere and everyone looked and sounded the same. The art style sucked and all the pop ups and boring combat just killed it for me.
BACK TO TOPIC------> TW3 WILL OWN SKYRIM IN EVERY WAY & THEN SOME;)

Maybe but CD Projekt will actually need to show something of substance before we can say anything about that comparison, all we have now are empty promises. You know that things are extremely badly handled when even the press is just tired of recycling the same bits over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom