Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The WItcher 3 will never beat skyrim in its most important aspects, it's not even supposed to do it, and anyone thinking it will even compare, is going to be terribly disappointed unless CDPRED later demonstrate properly that the game is almost nothing like Skyrim.

CDPRED should've been more careful and not mention that extremely different game, except when they said it was generic and he couldn't remember 5 characters that was great :p

I personally think Skyrim was an overhyped and rushed piece of garbage and incomparable to it's predecessors.
I didn't even get why they called it an RPG ? Just because you can change the face and body of a main character, it doesn't mean it's an RPG. Well funny thing is that even creating your own character sucked in Skyrim. An RPG is where you are in control of the lines your character says, based on the lines chosen the whole conversation may shifts, the decisions you make have consequences, and there are multiple endings. In Skyrim you just chose to ask which questions first and which second, there were no complicated consequences, and decisions as simple as follow this guy or that guy. The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect were the crown jewels of RPGs previous gen becuase they had engaging stories and your decisions mattered. In the case of Mass Effect right until about the end, but hell look at the journey we had from ME 1-3.
As far as open worlds and quests go Skyrim was even more atrocious and with graphics fit for the Xbox and PS2 era; it was even worse on the PC. The physics of the game such as the horse physics and "arrow to the knee" glitch were jokes. The quests were the most repetitive and uninspired shit you find in free MMOS. As far as open worlds go, Red Dead Redemption had graphics on par with PC games and astonishing physics. A Wide variety from snowy mountains to hot basins, and from industrialized cities to farms and even Mexican villages. The story of Red Dead Redemption was one of the best stories I've ever seen in any kind of media including movies or games. Best games of previous gen for me were The Witcher, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, The last of us, Uncharted, and Dishonored.

Last edited:
I personally think Skyrim was an overhyped and rushed piece of garbage and incomparable to it's predecessors.
I didn't even get why they called it an RPG ? Just because you can change the face and body of a main character, it doesn't mean it's an RPG. Well funny thing is that even creating your own character sucked in Skyrim. An RPG is where you are in control of the lines your character says, based on the lines chosen the whole conversation may shifts, the decisions you make have consequences, and there are multiple endings. In Skyrim you just chose to ask which questions first and which second, there were no complicated consequences, and decisions as simple as follow this guy or that guy. The Witcher 2 and Mass Effect were the crown jewels of RPGs previous gen becuase they had engaging stories and your decisions mattered. In the case of Mass Effect right until about the end, but hell look at the journey we had from ME 1-3.
As far as open worlds and quests go Skyrim was even more atrocious and with graphics fit for the Xbox and PS2 era; it was even worse on the PC. The physics of the game such as the horse physics and "arrow to the knee" glitch were jokes. The quests were the most repetitive and uninspired shit you find in free MMOS. As far as open worlds go, Red Dead Redemption had graphics on par with PC games and astonishing physics. A Wide variety from snowy mountains to hot basins, and from industrialized cities to farms and even Mexican villages. The story of Red Dead Redemption was one of the best stories I've ever seen in any kind of media including movies or games. Best games of previous gen for me were The Witcher, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, The last of us, Uncharted, and Dishonored.

Indeed, I agree.. and CDPR team could learn a lot from this post because you nailed my friend.
;)

Well, beside what every one said, Skyrim fit in the description of a RPG, even if the story is simple, but still a great game, and even better, games like Skyrim make more people ingrese in the world of the RPG games,so that is good, what is the bad thing ?
Compare things is the way that humans have done the things since the very first civilisation, even more, the compration is REALLY , REALLY GOOD OF CPR !!!
For what ? well, casual gamers that have played Skyrim and enjoyed that, have a high possibility to play Witcher now, and also, maybe a part of those gamer will enjoy Witcher and discover a new whole lore and read the books, etc
Maybe people are overreacting because Skyrim in comparison with the promises of Witcher, looks bad, but be comparated with the GOTY of his own year and called the "next gen skyrim" is almost like call this, "THE NEXT GEN GOTY OF HIS OWN YEAR", what is great, because a lot of people will know now to:
Geralt, Yennefer, Ciri, Dendallion, Tris, etc

Last edited:
Skyrim this Skyrim that. Who cares.

'K everyone, this is supposed to be the thread for interviews and articles about TW3. Could you take the Skyrim discussion elsewhere please?

My thoughs about the structure of the W3:

There are 3 major areas in the game: Skellige, No Man's Land and Novigrad City.

There are 3 seperate main story threads ( one for each area).

Each main story thread will require 2 huge decisions to make which will bring huge consequnces to the world and impact game ending itself.

It means that each area have 4 ending states. 3 areas x 4 states = 12 states of the whole world.

At the end of the game there is one more huge choice. (Geralt chooses 1 from 3 diffrent endings).

So at the end we ultimately have 3 x 12 = 36 diffrent endings.

Total huge choices in one playthrough: 3 x 2 + 1 = 7

Last edited:
Mine is similar but i take it that while each region plot will be political and will deal with issues in the region . each will have a thread with the main plot of the wild hunt and geralt's loved ones.

Well, to be fair it was a stream about GOG and not CDP RED or Witcher. This was just an offhand remark. It was actually quite a fun stream explaining the workings of GOG and questions related to their working, games catalogue and future. I'm rather surprised gamespot made 'news' of this... 'videogame journalism'.

Gives hope that such people exist who don't see every person as a wallet.

EDIT: Oh and I thought I 'heard' @senteria being mentioned in one question.

That was me indeed. :D
I'm even a highlight on their youtube video. I was the one who asked about how they felt about their community always nagging them while the Steam users just seem to swallow everything hook line and sinker.

Last edited:
Mounted Combat... well we kinda knew that but they were still unsure at that time.
Combat from horseback is a thing, although CDP admits that you’ll find ground fighting more effective.

Certain potions can now be consumed mid-fight, though you’ll still need to keep an eye on your health bar-sapping toxicity levels.
Even the Oren-earning pastime of hand-to-hand fighting has its own reactive moveset wrapped into the real-time game.
Skill upgrades no longer lean towards passive buffs. Geralt now has access to four specific combat skills at any time that can be switched in and out with others learned between each ruckus.
Taking inspiration from FromSoftware’s weighty and precise combat systems in Dark Souls, CDP wants players to be just as focused on keeping Geralt alive as they are on attack.

Taken from the latest GamesMaster.

Last edited:
Also

Geralt now has access to
a smoother parry technique, activated in
Assassin’s Creed fashion by holding down a
specific button.

Rather than clutter up the UI with health
bars and level meters, or let you wander
around not knowing in which direction you
should be heading before being decapitated by
the first woefully more powerful foe you meet,
CDP wants to feed you the essential knowledge
unobtrusively

I think the article is very good and informative in comparision to recent "exclusive" news.

Last edited:
"Geralt now has access to
a smoother parry technique, activated in
Assassin’s Creed fashion by holding down a
specific button. "

interesting...what does it actually mean ?

As long as it's just a parry and not a full parry + counter kill (like in AC), then yes, it would be like in TW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom