Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JupiteronMars Personally, I think the way they handled it in TW2 gave the potion system more character and made it feel unique. The issue was that you either couldn't really investigate what you were about to fight, or the time it took you to get from the last place you could drink a potion to the actual fight you were preparing for was too long, wasting the potion effects.

What they had planned initially for TW3 - drinking potions prior to battle like in TW2, but activating them only when you've reached that battle so that the effect isn't wasted - was a nice compromise, the biggest issue being the contrived explanaton, not so much the mechanics behind it. Since there's an investigation part added to monster fights, that shouldn't be an issue either. They probably have a good reason for changing their approach though.

Yes, in TW2 it was really well handled. Just add that bit of in-fight activation and it would be perfect.
To drink a potion during the fight is good if you hadn't any time for preparation like when you're ambushed in a forest by some creepy creatures. But that would also be solved with the activation. I did not remember that when I first replied to Master_Dandelion. I would like to know what changed their mind.

Exactly, what is written on the Polish forum says: 3 main ending paths, plus in total - over 36 ending variants.

Meaning: 3 endings + choices summaries that add up more variants, just like previous games.

Perhaps @Kinl3y could lead the way and organize a forum Q&A as he's obviously the next in line for becoming a moderator.

Heh, humbled that you think I'm next in line. Sadly I don't really have the capability to organize a Q&A, I'm a mere forum user.
The only thing I'm planning to do in the near future is represent the forums during Gamescom (if you guys will let me again) and get an interview with the devs featuring the forums' questions.

But I remember @Marcin Momot mentioning that something similar to the GOG Twitch Q&A is planned in the future.

All music to my ears..
Cool I always wanted health potions in TW2 combat.
I really hope there won't be 'health potions' that instantly give you back a part of your health. I though it was cool that you just had to wait for it to regenerate, and not just spam a potion. And in TW1, the 'insta-heal potion' was majorly toxic, so much that if you had taken some other potions, it would sooner bring you closer to death than life.
Anyway, I thought the mechanic of activating your potions during a battle was good enough, but I can live with the new one as long as we don't have insta-heal potions without some drawbacks.

TW2 poitions were cool but not good for gameplay. It really sucked in way that they lasted so short time and sometimes(battlefield) you were not able to use them at all which was pretty terrible for players choosing alchemy way, It would be cool to get less resources and make poitions last 24 hours like in TW1 with possiblity of canceling them by white honey. So this is good news. TW1 system worked well in way of gameplay.

It should be mentioned that one of the reasons rolling was an issue was the AI attacking so relentlessly/simultaneously and Geralt having only one option to get out of the way. I hope it's not exactly like TW2 and that they've tweaked AI so we have more options than just dodge or attack.

I really hope there won't be 'health potions' that instantly give you back a part of your health. I though it was cool that you just had to wait for it to regenerate, and not just spam a potion. And in TW1, the 'insta-heal potion' was majorly toxic, so much that if you had taken some other potions, it would sooner bring you closer to death than life.
Anyway, I thought the mechanic of activating your potions during a battle was good enough, but I can live with the new one as long as we don't have insta-heal potions without some drawbacks.

That was another good thing about the way it worked in TW1. The health regeneration was either toxic or slow-acting. That, combined with the fact that your enemies didn't politely stand back and wait while you drank it, was enough to ensure that you still planned ahead most of the time.

And as far as forum Q&A is concerned, it's still the same concern as the last time @JupiteronMars - it takes two hands to clap. There's no point in any forum member initiating a Q&A session if CDPR haven't said they'll answer questions.

Witcher has never had "health potions", if you recall FCR2's changelog(which you probably don't) it was mentioned there by Flash and as it so happens Flash is working at CDPR so I would assume that gets continued and was one of the core ideas since he's gameplay designer(or was it combat?)

Some pieces of information:
-REDs were asked about Valley of Flowers from TW2 that had been canceled, they are not sure if they will publish it someday or give the materials to the modding community,
-TW3 will easily take 100h to finish it, but many testers finished it in about 120h,
-as far as the artwork is concerned: the sewers were gloomy and green, with little creatures similar to goblins from Gothic series,
-Geralt of course can jump and jump through fences.

TW3 will easily take 100h to finish it, but many testers finished it in about 120h
Dziekuje

CDPR is really confident in their product. That's a good thing, of course. One more reason to think that this game will deliver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom