Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much on whether the content will live up to the hype, the larger problem is that the servers will melt within seconds.
Any reveal of "unseen footage" of Witcher 3 will attract people like girls at a Justin Bieber concert.

It took mere hours after the reveal of this conference and you instantly saw topics from all different sort of gaming sites covering this news and with a week to build hype combined with the fact that E3 is around the corner people (which generate more Witcher hype) people will loose their shit.

Combine all that with anything related to live coverage i.e. internet and you'll have a soup of disaster. In terms of the actual conference I expect it to be solid overall though don't expect too much as the main treat will be featured at E3. This will more serve as a appetizer to the people attending E3 and serve as a bit of a consolation price for all people who can't attend E3. Again, I'm fine with all this but I bet 50 "Marcin" that the server won't last long.

CE details and pre-order info is honestly quite moot, people ultimately want a good product and game play is a proof of that rather than arbitrary goodies, though it's nice to know we will probably get a CE that actually also include the game (I've heard that is apparently a rare thing these days).

That actually is a valid concern. They announced the date of the event and news spreads fast, especially around the time of E3. There will be thousands of gamers watching for footage and I really hope that CD Projekt has accounted for that. I would rather not feel like I am watching a Nintendo Direct conference with constant buffering and needing to restart several times. Also, you might want to watch the previous time there was a CD Projekt conference, they tend to be pretty meaty for a appetizer.

Regarding the CE, yeah the game is the most important thing but extra goodies are always welcome. It is the last game of the trilogy after all.
Also, give CD Projekt a bit more credit than that, they have proven themselves to care about their fans (though they have been stingy when it comes to footage), so the CE will contain the game too.

Regarding the aforementioned, coming info about the CE and preordering, do we know if preordering will be opened just through GOG at first, or through all vendors (like Steam) at the same time? Sorry if improper thread.

@Indescribable
I assume all vendors. Especially considering if they announce a CE, which can only be bought as Physical, they'll at the very least have to be opening Pre-Orders to Retail & GoG. Steam, not 100% sure, but it's most likely (Unless they specifically hold Steam back because they want more Retail/GOG orders - Which I would totally support, but I dunno).

Frankly I already went to my Local EBGames & put down a $30 deposit, which means I get automatically upgraded to the CE when they are announced. Just no way I'm not getting dat CE, even if the contents turn out rubbish, doing it to support CDPR (Will probably buy a GoG copy as well for the direct support too - maybe give it to a friend who didn't intend to buy it anyway or something).

Last edited:
I'm stoked to hear about the CE. TW2 is the only other CE I have and I luuurrrrvve it.

President Obama is currently visiting Poland and during his speech he briefly mentioned the Witcher. On his previous visit he received a copy of The Witcher 2 and this is what he said about it now: "...during our last meeting I was given a popular video game "The Witcher". I'm not that good with games and I haven't played it yet, but it's a proof of how innovative Poland is".

Nice of him to say it :p And a great honor for guys at CDProjekt Red.

President Obama is currently visiting Poland and during his speech he briefly mentioned the Witcher. On his previous visit he received a copy of The Witcher 2 and this is what he said about it now: "...during our last meeting I was given a popular video game "The Witcher". I'm not that good with games and I haven't played it yet, but it's a proof of how innovative Poland is".

Nice of him to say it :p And a great honor for guys at CDProjekt Red.

Here's more accurate quote

"The last time I was here, Donald gave me a gift," Obama said, "the video game developed here in Poland that's won fans the world over, The Witcher.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...tcher-2-but-it-doesnt-sound-like-he-played-it

Last edited:
I can see we`re beginning to stray from the topic . :whistle: Also please refrain from adding political innuendos .

Ok, I won't put in any political innuendos. You're doing your moderator job amazing.

Err.... so...
When do you all expect the media coverage (interviews, exclusive material, etc.) will begin ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom