Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's frustrating that these journalists with very little knowledge and seemingly very little affection for this game or the series, get to watch a 45 minute private demo and then report on it. Calling it a "3rd person looking Skyrim". And they don't know if the quests will be generated like they were in Skyrim.

If they were even moderate fans who had done even a basic or preliminary amount of research, they would know that CDPR addressed this very thing literally dozens of times.

I could find you ten different sources within a few minutes where CDPR made it clear that they weren't doing generic Skyrim side-quests and that they were handcrafting all of them. It's one of the 1st things that they ever mentioned that they were trying to accomplish with this game.

I feel like they don't deserve to see and report on this stuff.

I don't know, maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood. ;D

It seems that way to us fans, but when you need to report on hundreds of games that is just impossible.
You can say that doing a bit of research is required but just try to do that for 30 games or so and still try to keep all the details to the game where it belongs.
Our view is extremely clouded because we devour every last bit of info.

It's frustrating that these journalists with very little knowledge and seemingly very little affection for this game or the series, get to watch a 45 minute private demo and then report on it. Calling it a "3rd person looking Skyrim". And they don't know if the quests will be generated like they were in Skyrim.

If they were even moderate fans who had done even a basic or preliminary amount of research, they would know that CDPR addressed this very thing literally dozens of times.

I could find you ten different sources within a few minutes where CDPR made it clear that they weren't doing generic Skyrim side-quests and that they were handcrafting all of them. It's one of the 1st things that they ever mentioned that they were trying to accomplish with this game.

Well, every developer claims he's not doing 'generic side-quests' (and hand-crafted quests can be generic too), so just because somebody claims it there's no proof that's what'll happen. I think it's perfectly fine to be concerned about the quest quality in a huge game, since that's been a problem for basically every open world RPG we've had so far. I'm relatively optimistic the quests will be fun, but there's no proof and it's a journalists job do tell us about potential issues as well as potential highlights.

Jupiter_on_Mars

It seems that way to us fans, but when you need to report on hundreds of games that is just impossible.
You can say that doing a bit of research is required but just try to do that for 30 games or so and still try to keep all the details to the game where it belongs.

Exactly. This point is often overlooked. Thanks for helping keep the discussion balanced and unbiased.

Well yes but they are supposed to be proffesionals and they have more than 30 employees so they could actually do some homework and thus make their work look a little bit more serious than: goofing around,getting free drinks and food and exclusive footage of latest games they know nothing about,making bad jokes and writing positive reviews about latest COD and don't giving a shit about any other game and of course doing zero research cause it's so boooooooring. -Greg Miller from IGN which is CNN or FOX of gaming 'journalism' -.-

For fuck's sake they are receiving salary for that and it really seems that sometimes gamers would do million times better job than them.And they are supposed to inform us not spread misinformation and half-truths.

Last edited:
Well yes but they are supposed to be proffesionals and they have more than 30 employees so they could actually do some home work and thus make their work look a little bit more serious than: goofing around,getting free drinks and food and exclusive footage of latest games they know nothing about,making bad jokes and writing positive reviews about latest COD and don't giving a shit about any other game and of course doing zero research cause it's so boooooooring. -Greg Miller from IGN which is CNN or FOX of gaming 'journalism' -.-

The thing is that most sites do not have a dedicated crew of 30 people to back them up. Giantbomb for example has a team of 5 people, so you can not expect them to research every game before talking about it. Heck, even the giant ones like gamespot and IGN do not have a giant crew at E3 like you seem to suggest.
It sounds easy to be professional and make everybody research every game extensively but when you need to organize a live showing with appointments and coverage that is just not doable. It takes a crazy amount of work to set something like IGN live up and make it work without hitches.

In the past I have worked as a manager for a sport event and let me tell you, everything that you see at E3 costs 20 times the amount of work, time and sweat that you imagine.

The thing is that most sites do not have a dedicated crew of 30 people to back them up. Giantbomb for example has a team of 5 people, so you can not expect them to research every game before talking about it. Heck, even the giant ones like gamespot and IGN do not have a giant crew at E3 like you seem to suggest.
It sounds easy to be professional and make everybody research every game extensively but when you need to organize a live showing with appointments and coverage that is just not doable. It takes a crazy amount of work to set something like IGN live up and make it work without hitches.

In the past I have worked as a manager for a sport event and let me tell you, everything that you see at E3 costs 20 times the amount of work, time and sweat that you imagine.

I believe you but there is problem you see.Take for example Angry Joe (Joe Vargas).ONLY he and one camerman went to e3 and I can guarantee you that his pretty long list of interviews will be at least 10 TIMES more proffesional,more in depth and with better question than IGN's interviews and IGN has at least 20 times more man power than he.

THAT's why I dislike IGN and others like them.

I believe you but there is problem you see.Take for example Angry Joe (Joe Vargas).ONLY he and one camerman went to e3 and I can guarantee you that his pretty long list of interviews will be at least 10 TIMES more proffesional,more in depth and with better question than IGN's interviews and IGN has at least 20 times more man power than he.

THAT's why I dislike IGN and others like them.

I understand what you mean but Joe is one of the most enthusiastic and energetic people in the industry. He does crazy amounts of research for each game that he covers because it is his sole passion. As sad as it is, networks like Gamespot and IGN will never function in the same way because they are a large networks and that means a clear structure and way to go about things.

I understand what you mean but Joe is one of the most enthusiastic and energetic people in the industry. He does crazy amounts of research for each game that he covers because it is his sole passion. As sad as it is, networks like Gamespot and IGN will never function in the same way because they are a large networks and that means a clear structure and way to go about things.

Yeah you are right,except when it comes to nex COD.You have to overhype turds cause otherwise no adds sold to big publishers for you.

Why not? I think it is better than Geralt yelling... here horsey.. Mr. Ed... Hey you black horse brown horse white horse over here lol..

the best way to keep things in the logical relm where the horse hears you wistling from miles away is to use a similar magic bracelet to call the horse just like Kelpi had in the books.....i don't understand why they didn't chose this from the start

Whistling makes much more sense than Skyrim instance, where you just fast traveled from anywhere to the nearest POI to find your horse waiting there for you even though you left him elsewhere. If you just left the horse and it waits for you - what if you forget where to find him? And all the additional walking could be really frustrating in such a big world. Nevermind - whistling or a bracelet or whatever to call the horse makes perfect sense.

Are there any interviews with Jonas? Or more with Peter and Konrad? They probably know more about the game than JM. John seems to be even more secretive than the others.

Last edited:
Wait... Is that new footage from the Swamps? I don't remember the combat sequence playing out like that...

That backwards strike he does where he stabs the drowner when he's facing the other way... AMAZING.

It says 'NEW gameplay', so...probably yeah.

Well that looked like the 'Gas Explosion' that many of the journalists were talking about... Looooove it! (Just realized this was in the Stage Demo anyway, somehow I missed it though)

That segment actually made the Combat look even better than the Stage Demo version. Also I didn't notice any screen tearing in those sections that looked specifically like the 'New' footage.

Possibly HQ Footage coming then... ? :look:

Last edited:

These guys are meatheads, that skinny quiet guy was the only one who truly knew the series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom