Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question for the forums native Russian speakers.

So I just discovered that there was an actual later build of the 35 minute gameplay footage in Russian, and while not as stable as the latest sneak peak hands on video; it still blew me away with how well it was running. Anyway I digress, just how good is the Russian voice acting? Johny's song sounded really beautiful to me, and in general every line sounded really well acted, but I don't know Russian so I can't really tell.

So I just discovered that there was an actual later build of the 35 minute gameplay footage in Russian, and while not as stable as the latest sneak peak hands on video; it still blew me away with how well it was running. Anyway I digress, just how good is the Russian voice acting? Johny's song sounded really beautiful to me, and in general every line sounded really well acted, but I don't know Russian so I can't really tell.
That's the Polish one (as was said in the Interviews thread), but I'm guessing that if you just saw that one, then you haven't seen the additional Russian one, either. So here you go - it's fun to see combat play out differently.

[video=youtube;S0SDCr7U-wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0SDCr7U-wg[/video]

That's the Polish one (as was said in the Interviews thread), but I'm guessing that if you just saw that one, then you haven't seen the additional Russian one, either. So here you go - it's fun to see combat play out differently.

[video=youtube;S0SDCr7U-wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0SDCr7U-wg[/video]

Thanks man my comment is getting punted around by mods, and other users alike poor poor comment...

Anyway, so how is the voice acting in terms of quality in the other languages so far? Does anybody have a solid opinion on it?

How do you know It's a later build?

Well, quality of voice acting is heavily debated on the polish forum. There are still some issues with the balance, so characters often sounds too quiet, but it probably will be fixed before the release.

Overall:

- everyone agree that background characters and bystanders sounds wonderful

- Dijkstra's voice acting is really good

- Ladies of the Woods are also good, only the middle one sounds too quiet

- Johnny is kinda controversial, some say he sounds too girly and his voice acting is lacking, while others think that he sounds natural and just fine. Everyone agree that his song is wonderful though

- Jacek Rozenek as Geralt has much wider range of emotions now and gets a lot of praise as usual for his portrayal of Geralt, however there are people who prefer him more as a stoic badass

- Granny is pretty good as voice acting goes, but she sounds a little too young

- leader of the village is really good, but talks a little too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom