Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
All good info from Konrad there. Anybody have ideas on what the card game will be like? The Witcher hideouts is a fantastic idea, rooting through ancient caves to discover lore of past Witchers and their alchemical secrets.
I cannot agree more, sounds really neat. So what was the card game like in TW1? Maybe it will be like that no?

Nah, i was joking sorry about that. It wasn't a card mini-game as much as it unlocked a character card every time you had sex with someone. They had a lot of flack for it because everyone only focused on that dumb side-activity , even though it was a very very small part of a 60 hours game.

He mentions that this collectible card game was in the books so maybe someone who read them all can shed some light on it

It won't be like that.

Konrad specifically mentions it's a Card game from the books... Maybe someone who has read the books more recently can shed some light on this? I simply just can't remember a a card game from the books.

Nah, i was joking sorry about that. It wasn't a card mini-game as much as it unlocked a character card every time you had sex with someone. They had a lot of flack for it because everyone only focused on that dumb side-activity , even though it was a very very small part of a 60 hours game.

He mentions that this collectible card game was in the books so maybe someone who read them all can shed some light on it

Well for those who missed out, I think they should and could make this work a lot better in TW3 since it is 100 hours and it's tasteful.
There is so much to do this time around that people will want to do it all I would imagine.

Last edited:
Page 6 in this same thread @dani1234 had some ideas. Basically http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Barrel

Shit, no idea how I missed that.

Sounds interesting as fuck (If that is what it is). Between Dice Poker, Horse/Boat Races, Fist-Fighting, Card Games and whatever other mini-games are in, sounds like there's going to be shitloads of cool side-activities to do.
Although Konrad said in the interview that all these mini-games will have some kind of story to go along with them (I guess even if it's just like the old "Poker Face" type questline), so I wonder if they're counting the mini-games as side-quests and therefore part of the 50 Hours (Doesn't phase me, but intrigued).

Is Dice Poker confirmed?

I really hope they do something different with the minigames. Like I hope they bring back the dice poker system from TW1, that was a lot more tense and NPC's had money count and you could make back all that you lost , with some games even having 1000 orens in teh pool.

And I hope it's not the same "beat three guys then beat another guy" in every chapter.

Yea I had a good laugh at Sexual Tension. You could tell that Konrad was trying to push the 'Father/Daughter' (He even went so far as to explain practically the entire Ciri/Geralt origin story) but the chick was so convinced there was "something more" he just kinda nodded and let it go .

Yea I had a good laugh at Sexual Tension. You could tell that Konrad was trying to push the 'Father/Daughter' (He even went so far as to explain practically the entire Ciri/Geralt origin story) but the chick was so convinced there was "something more" he just kinda nodded and let it go .

I think she got confused too, like, she said, "yeah there is definitely some sexual tension there, but then there is not". :p

I think Konrad, messed up saying "it's like father and daughter, but it's different'. Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom