Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have seen the english, polish and russian version. Would be great if they would show as other language versions as well, if they are recorded. Haven't seen anything in german so far except for the SoD Trailer. Would be great to hear some of the voice acting.

Yeah, I can tell that this is a later build of the English version. A lot of animations are improved (combat, hair and horse) as well as some UI/spell effects (claw effects and mud in your face, covering part of the screen). And the color and lighting were improved as well, they're much more colorful and less saturated. The combat was also improved with better fire effect and enemies feedback animations.

Its the same build man. The guy presenting it approached combat situations differently but its still the same game version as we´ve seen before.

So we have seen the english, polish and russian version. Would be great if they would show as other language versions as well, if they are recorded. Haven't seen anything in german so far except for the SoD Trailer. Would be great to hear some of the voice acting.

It would be great. There's a recorded portuguese version, but it's not complete and the quality is not good

The complete gameplay with better quality or a new one in portuguese would be awesome

Last edited:
Its the same build man. The guy presenting it approached combat situations differently but its still the same game version as we´ve seen before.

Yeah, you're right. I rewatched it and it seems like the situation was different and the time of day.

The Polish and Russian versions showed more of the water hags gameplay where you see their claw effects as in the English has none. It could just be special moves that didn't happened in the English version since it was set to easy.

[video=youtube;S0SDCr7U-wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0SDCr7U-wg[/video]

Hah, so the surprise seems to be the Russian VO for Dandelion doing an in-charatcer presentation of the game. That's pretty cool, actually.
Thanks for the video! Wish I understood Russian, to those who do, anything of note worth repeating?

Is it me or is Geralt's hair flowing more naturally?
It did look a bit better. I have to say the entire demo seemed improved. The real stand out for me was the combat! Between this version and the Polish demo, it seems they have been listening to some of the complaints and suggestions, maybe? It is supposed to be the same exact build from E3 so if anything I'd say it originates from the player and play-style. Whatever the case, it was a much better showing.

The water hag fight drawn out with the music progressing into unheard territory as the fight went on...Geralt decimating those bandits - Anyone else notice how badass, fast and smooth Geralt dodged the war hammer bandit to his right, following up immediately into a strike continuing around towards the shield wielding thug. Awesome!

Have to say for me it was the werewolf fight that took the cake. With the fights lasting longer than a few seconds, these past 2 demo ver. have given a much better idea how combat functions and flows. I noticed a lot more variety in the sword attacks and any that were repeated from the first 35 min. demo looked a bit more polished right down to the transitions and dodging/evades all looked refined and smoother.

To me - Geralt did not appear artificially fast or janky like it seemed at times with the original demo going by some of the complaints I've read on here. *Edit* - He looked like the badass witcher that he is, exerting his speed & agility advantage over his opponents and prey. I heard Vesemir narrating from the debut trailer in my head while watching:
"A lone wolf roamed these broken lands, a beast slayer, a whirlwind of rage & steel" ( Although to be perfectly honest, I didn't have a major gripe with the combat to begin with. Minor tweaks aside)

This game cannot come out soon enough!

CDPR, if you happen to read this I just wanted to say ( again ) thank you for the hard work, love and passion you are putting into this game. I expected no less but still, you guys and girls kickass!
:cheers:

Last edited:
@Opethian I feel the same way. Seeing the dash\dodge being used in the right moment made me reconsider the gripes I had with it to begin with. I guess that it's just when you spam it, especially when there aren't attacks coming your way, that it feels weird. These combat scenes justified it. The fights in general were fun to watch :)

While the combat looks good I'm stil concerned with the difficulty. The werewolf fight for example only looked great because it took him a while to kill him, so we could see different combat mechanics of the werewolf (like summoning the wolfs). But it's obvious the player did it for demonstration purposes. He could have killed the werewolf with simple button pressing aftter about 10 seconds. It's not nly the werewolf. Every fight I have seen so far looks too easy. The monsters just don't have enough life, so Geralt can finish every encounter within some seconds. I really hope it's because all of these gameplay videos were played on easy,
Another point is the dodge move. Is there any mechanic which prevents us from spamming it? I like the animation and prefere it thousand times over the rolling (for lore and style reasons), but it should consume some kind of stamina, so it won't be spammable. Currently it looks far too easy to use.

Last edited:
Usual difficulty when doing showcases like these, so of course it looks easy. A demo with the normal difficulty being showcased would definitely be nice

Holy crap, that Russian Dandelion VO is phenomenal. Now I wonder if I should play the Russian version of TW3 instead of the English one :-X

Never watched this interview before... it's interesting and I agree with one of the comments, that Borys definitely seems to know what he's doing with the story:

Oh God, don't kill me if something sounds weird.

Good day to all of you, my dear lads. Today, I, Dandelion or also known as Julian Alfred Pankratz viscount de Lettenhove, will tell you just few things about gameplay of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. If like there was anyone who could match for that kind of thing better than glorious illustrious bard anyway.

Well now, let's join my dear friend Geralt of Rivia. He's one of the witchers, a fading cast of professional monster slayers. He is a regular fellow, although it seems that bear has stepped on his ear, he's got no voice for singing and words he only can to rhyme is just an arse with asshole, but nonetheless my love to him will never fade.

Right now he's coming back from hunt, and you can see results on Roach's side, that strapped to it's saddle, disgusting piece of... of usefull trophy, that's right! You probably have seen the batlle, wich our hero had with griffin. Well yeah, it's griffin's chump, whatever.

You know when I was young, in Oxenfurt, geography was favourite of mine to study, By that I mean to hide my booze behind the vast map of the world. And it usually was placed near Novigrad, where Geralt currently arriving. This city is the largest in Northern Kingdoms, it stands in delta of the Pontar river in kingdom of Redania. It's very important harbour of the continent. And it called a capital of the world and if I may call it like that, a center of culture.

Geralt moving towards to meeting with Dijkstra, an ex head of Redanian Intelligence bureau and now he's just a cute spy by his own and an influential bandit.

Here it is... Novigrad! The navel of the world with almost 30.000 souls living in it, without counting the guests of capital. Can you imagine that? Stone houses, cobbled streets, a sea port, warehouses, water mills, slaughterhouses, mills, large shoe manufacturing and all other imaginable guilds and crafts.

And entertainment! Scaffolds, taverns, theaters, bazaar and of course the first class brothels... And girls here is washed, clean, fragrance... velvet and silk, ribbons in corsets... verses just jumps straight to my lips!

Although this finest city is come to be a home for a hundreds of thugs and beggars, gawkers and rich, traders with whores.

Our common friend Dijkstra said once, that Geralt has a certain hobby to put his nose where it doesn't belong . In Novigrad Geralt will meet an opponents, against whom he will mostly use his sharp mind instead of swords. Oh, he just passed the fish market, those smells are just blew my mind... But that's not the case. If to talk there with some ordinary merchant, and here you go, you get a new rare weapon or intriguing task. I can talk about those thing all day long, but we are approaching the place where we should meet our old friend. Geralt made his part of the bargain, now it's his turn to give us the info about our ashen hair misterious lady.

So Dijkstra stating that she were last seen south in No Man's Land, accompanied by a small fellow, Ivasik. Pretty creepy kid from whom I got a goosebumps.

It's boring to describe every detail of an epic and unforgettable adventure of our witcher to the Velen, so I tell you just one thing - fast travel is actually worth to try right now.

Before Geralt's eyes lies a global map of one worldspace out of two. He is paving the route, and start moving to south.

Ah, No Man's Land with no one rule it, only strange and mysterious power controls it. Just think of how much amusing chat buddies Geralt might met in here at pleasant autumn nights. This place has a very large amount of various species, which makes it a best place for Geralt to live, he might settle here and be a peacefull forester.
As you can see, he use his witcher senses, his eyes is looking for a trail, which local beasts had left while strolling.

And here is lair of Dijkstra's protege. Without any other thought he want to jump in rabbit's hole. Or better first to call the host - Ivasik!

Things are went successfully to the banal. Ivasik need help to reclaim his voice. And where did he lead him you might ask, but fear not, I think ahead of us is scenes of love with full of debauchery, with pretty ladies breasts and.... drowners?
In forest deep is raging battle, there is blood and guts is flying wildly, his clothes is covered with mud, oh god this man is moving fast... It didn't sound well, huh... After a short rest Geralt returning to the path.

Ivasik want us to bring something from the cliff. The thing that should return his voice to him. I'm usually find those type of thing in brothels, my voice with every touch to them is growing stronger...
And here we meet with harpies which he deftly descends from heavens to earth. Sometimes he love to watch a beauty sights, philosophy is coming to the mind. He think of a long way he has done and that way back to Novigrad is 14 times farther than to the big tree on the horizon...

Ivasik has a voice again. If it's good thing or not is yours to decide. If you ask me - it is awful. If I had the chance, I would deprive the half of bards in the world of their voices. Well, atleast Geralt now is one step closer in searching for his lost girl.

After a nice chat with tapestry, Geralt heading to the nearest village, to see if he could help to their elder. On the way we can see usefull in combat stuff, like that gas there. If Geralt will invite a few enemies to this place, and show them how Igni works... effect of surprise is guaranteed.

Regular bandits is no match for real witchers, they usually fighting with sticks, but they still can be a dangerous force in large numbers. It's better use a steel sword instead of silver, because why to sully the noble metal for nought.
What those folk saw on that whispering hill? I'm sure it was just a regular snag they saw at night, while totally drunk.

The monster, that Geralt killed is called vodyanaya baba. Very unpleasant madame. They usually love the gloom and moisture, and hating fire.

Witcher is almost there, he using his senses again to find a clue or danger. I wish I had these senses month ago, wouldn't have to hide in wardrobe and then later run across the city completely naked... So elder didn't lie about evil creatures living here, the howl of volkolak promises us nothing good. To prevent it's regeneration he made few bombs containing silver. It seems that beast is sourse of troubles. That's why we should draw out our silver sword.

Volkolak wasn't the sourse of evil, it lies within the near cave. I wouldn't go inside if I was there, caves just remind me of that wardrobe, don't want to think of that again and fumble old memories of insidious cuckold.

I see that Geralt love to swim in creepy dungeons, collect a corrals always nice, he might gift them to one lovely lady. I'm not share love to swimming, what I forget there under water, fondle rusalkas I guess? Well I left that chance to Geralt.

Personally, for me, these tree spirits do not cause any trust, I would not trust any stranger plants in such situation, so that he does is a right thing.

Now it is time to return to witches, and hear what they have to say. Geralt gratify their will, but now orphans has gone from village under mysterious circumstances. And that is just a begining of more horrible and strange story happening in here.
That's all for now, I hope you very liked our presentation, and I wait to see you in the full game, which will come out in 24 february 2015.

Wall of text...

Last edited:
Валькирия;
/quote/.... Oh, he just passed the fish market, those smells are just blew my mind.../quote/

Can't wait for smell in game
if not I'll slap myself with real fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom