Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eurogamer report about the delay: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...is-afraid-of-badly-polished-games-on-next-gen

"A member of that Board, Adam Kiciński, said a bit more talking to Polish financial journalists..."

"We want to disarm the opinion that [The Witcher 3] doesn't exist," "It will be closed by the end of the year in line with the schedule.

"There's a lot of small errors though, because the game is huge. It's the only reason behind the delay. We didn't assume it will be this big. Only after putting all the pieces together it turned out it's bigger than the two first put together. Let me remind you: it's open and not linear. We are just learning how to play it and we have to catch the little pieces. We know what to do, we just have to do it. We don't want to release the game with bugs that undermine the gameplay."

"It [TW3] will be closed by the end of the year in line with the schedule.

"There's a lot of small errors though, because the game is huge. It's the only reason behind the delay."
These two statements in particular are interesting. They imply that development for TW3 will be complete by January and they will send it in to Microsoft and Sony to get approved. But they simply gave themselves three extra months to hammer out bugs before launch.

Last edited:
These two statements in particular are interesting. They imply that development for TW3 will be complete by January and they will send it in to Microsoft and Sony to get approved. But they simply gave themselves three extra months to hammer out bugs before launch.

It is actually hard to believe that game is really going to be finished by that time. I mean it was said by Marcin that game is complete before like half of the year. Do you say that they want to polish it and optimize it for the whole year? Unlikely. There is definitely something wrong.

It is actually hard to believe that game is really going to be finished by that time. I mean it was said by Marcin that game is complete before like half of the year. Do you say that they want to polish it and optimize it for the whole year? Unlikely. There is definitely something wrong.

You could finish it from start to end, that doesnt mean that it was feature complete.

Hmmm, Isn't it the very first information about the game?

Yes but because of how obvious that is, i think he meant something else.

I think the developer meant that once put together, the different pieces of the game, the result is bigger than when they did so with the previous games, like the difference between developing the systems and building the whole thing together is now bigger with TW3.

It'd be too strange if he was referring to a simple straightforward size comparison, so I think he was talking about the projected size of the "put together" game vs how much bigger where TW1 and TW2 "put together", compared to previous development stages.

@broccolisoup Do you actually have a source for his statement so we can read what he said in context? Right now you're just speculating based on your memory.

It was here on the forums posted by Marcin for sure. I might not be certainly correct about the time. I could maybe look it up for you if I have time.

EDIT: I have actually no idea how to search in posts of single person. Unless somone helps me find it...probably can´t do it myself.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is the right place for this but here you go: a fairly balanced view on the downgrade thing from my new favorite reviewer Angry Centaur gaming.

Wonder if anything interesting will be revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom