Interviews and Articles Part 2

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great new article interview about how the devs managed to make the open world in TW3 feel densely packed and alive. Some good information about the dev process:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/2...-witcher-iiis-open-world-incredibly-detailed/

This was me after reading that article. No, really.

Jonas “the Swedish god” Mattson
Fucking love it.

Also holy shit that entire "Botany" related question, where they really go in-depth about the Flora/Fauna and how the ecosystem plays into that ... My God... If this really does end up as it sounds, it's going to be fucking incredible.

Really, really interesting interview. Cheers.

Great new article interview about how the devs managed to make the open world in TW3 feel densely packed and alive. Some good information about the dev process:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/2...-witcher-iiis-open-world-incredibly-detailed/

It's sounds amazing of course, but I want to see that in action. I think there were similar articles about Skyrim ecosystem. What's left in the game is some wolf atacking a goat occasionally. Sometimes you stumble on an animal corpse. I think there's a little chance it will be as amazing as it sounds.

There's also a big chance this ecosystem will be just daily routines not some advaced Artificial Intelligence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ0-ogRF8KU

Forest animals could go to eat some plants but I think there's no chance they're going to eat them. Probably it will be just an animation. We would need NASA machine to compute real living ecosystem.

For me the best thing will be randomizing the daily routines (or random animal spawns). For example if I see a deer I won't see it tommorow in the same place at the same time. The same goes for NPC's

Last edited:
Best of E3 2014: People's Choice Award Winners Announced at gamespot!!

Best of E3 2014: People's Choice Award Winners Announced.

The voting has been tallied, and we can finally announce the winners for the games you were most excited about following this year's E3.

1st place: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (23%)

HELL YA! Can you belive that. Almost 1 in 4 people voted The Witcher 3 as their most anticipated game.

Last edited:
"...whenever something dies in the world of The Witcher, its carcass will attract beasts and monsters."

So corpses won't disappear like in TW2? That's great.

Imo, I think that they still disappear but just a bit slower, probably upon leaving the area.

Jupiter_on_Mars

So Konrad says it's 40 times bigger than TW2.

Konrd, are you guys trolling us?
Gameworld size matters; it's a big selling point. I'm sure it's not that hard to measure the map and then send out an internal memo.

@Kinley , I thought the game was content complete by now. Anyway, now you know what's the very first question you're going to ask devs at Gamescom.

Last edited:
I think that they're either hiding something and it's not as big as we all think, OR which is a lot more probable it's so huge they're waiting for the right time to give exact numbers.

I think that they're either hiding something and it's not as big as we all think, OR which is a lot more probable it's so huge they're waiting for the right time to give exact numbers.

I think they just don't know how big it actually is and are throwing random numbers ;) or some people are only counting the land masses.

I think they just don't know how big it actually is and are throwing random numbers ;) or some people are only counting the land masses.
I don't believe that they can NOT KNOW the size of the world. They have practiced answers for all the questions they thought they were gonna get, the size of the world should be somewhere at the top. So they're not giving exact numbers for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom